• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Pokémon

Have you ever encountered a shiny Pokémon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person, despite having played since the '90s, that has never encountered a shiny Pokémon. The only one I have ever encountered was the shiny Gyarados.

Have you ever encountered a shiny Pokémon? If you have, what was it?

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
  • Well...

Pokemon Gold :
    - Caught Shiny Gyarados
    - Caught Shiny Natu (+ Xatu, cloned and evolved it)
    - Caught Shiny Onix (+ Steelix, cloned and evolved it)

Pokemon Sapphire :
    - Missed Shiny Natu (Safari-Zone explains everything)
    - Caught Shiny Wurmple

Pokemon Diamond :
    - Missed Shiny Skorupi (Great Marsh isn'that great)
    - Caught Shiny Starly
    - Caught Shiny Meditie
    - Caught Shiny Geodude
    - Caught Shiny Gloom
    - Caught Shiny Kricketune
    - And got about 20 shiny Pokemon from trades from 2008 till 2010 (mostly from 2008, followed by 2009)

Btw, didn't you download the three legendary shiny dogs (Raikou, Entei and Suicune), that were available for Download in February 2011?

Years
  • I've caught a shiny Wurmple (Ruby), Makuhita (Sapphire), Unown (SoulSilver), and Drowzee (SoulSilver).

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
    Years
  • I have the shiny gyrados. I've ran into 2 wild pokemon that were shiny, legally, though. I don't remember the first one I ran into, or what game it was from, but the second one was a shiny pidgey. I ran into it on Soul Silver, the problem was, I was going to Mr. Pokemon, so I didn't have any pokeballs, and I couldn't run from it, so I had to knock it out :'(

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I ran into a shiny Swablu in Ruby but I accidentally killed it :c

I caught these shinies on my own:

Zubat from Pearl
    Venemoth from LeafGreen
    Boldore from Black (my current obsession :D)

I got the shiny Suicine and Entei from the Gamestop event
    I have a shiny Raichu and Lupunny from trades because they are two of my favorites <3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Not counting the shiny Gyarados, the shinies I've encountered so far are:
    -Sableye in Sapphire (fled, because I was freaked out)
    -Shellder in FireRed (fled)
    -Machop in LeafGreen (fled)
    -Koffing in Emerald (caught)
    -Geodude in Diamond (caught, deleted)
    -Roselia in Platinum (caught, lost)
    -Sneasel in Platinum (caught, lost)
    -Marill in Platinum (caught, lost)
    -Blissey in Platinum (hatched, lost)
    -Mewtwo in HeartGold (caught, lost)
    -Tentacool in SoulSilver (caught)
    -Golbat in SoulSilver (caught)
    -Gothita in Black (caught)

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Hmmm...

-Cubone in LeafGreen (caught)
    -Kangaskhan in LeafGreen (fled, Safari Zone)
    -Golbat in SoulSilver (caught)

I'm pretty unlucky when it come to encountering shinies.

Firequill

Digital Artist
    Years
  • I've encountered three in my lifetime. I was able to catch them all though, thankfully.

- Tangela in Crystal
    - Sneasel in Diamond
    - Joltik in White

I actually got the Sneasel by using the Pokeradar since I ended up reading this thread where people were talking about drastically improving your chances of encountering shiny Pokemon by encountering a somewhat large chain of them (like 40 or so) using the Pokeradar. I decided to give it a go and, even though it probably took me all afternoon to figure out how to do it right, I eventually ended up with the shiny Sneasel I'd set my heart on.

Supposedly, you can also increase your chances of getting a shiny by breeding two Pokemon from games of different languages. I have a French Ditto in the Day Care specifically for that, but I've not had any luck with that method yet, though I've read that the chances are higher in Black and White than in the Generation IV games.

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
  • The only shiny I've ever found was Zigzagoon in Ruby. The funny thing was my friend had caught one the week before and kept going on about how cool it was at school. Then I started a new game 'cause a group of us were racing through the game, I had already caught a Zigzagoon and came across the shiny one I was soo happy when I caught it :)

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I've had Shiny Geodude, Zubata and Swinub in my old silver, but in other games, i only have Makuhita in diamond from pokeradar, and my little brothers Fearow.

That last one was like sooooo lucky, since he wanted a spearow for his first ever pokemon playthrough (Leaf green), so he went to route 22, and the first spearow encountered was shiny 0.o

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I've played Diamond, Platinum, HG, SS, B&W and not once encountered a shiny*
    This always makes me feel reeeeeaaallly unlucky.

*Discounting Gyarados.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • I guess i am really lucky cause i found a shiny Mewtwo on the first try in LG:D

Other Shinies-
    Golbat
    Raticate
    Bulbasaur{soft resetted for}

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Multiple times, Shiny Clefairy, Nidoran, Geodude, Zubat, Zigzagoon, Wingull, Magikarp, Gyarados and many more. But that because I spent a hell of a lot of time playing my games :x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back