• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missie

Pokemon Groomer
    Years
    I'm restarting my game until I get a shiny bulbasuar. But I got a question. If you pick the pokemon.. does it show the shiny in the picture before you pick it? If so that would help me a lot. Or must you wait until you have it to see if it's a shiny?

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I believe you have to check in your party. The picture that shows up is programmed to be that colour everytime you start your game. It only takes a couple seconds longer anyway.

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    If you really want that shiney Bulbasaur then it shouldn't matter if you have to wait a couple seconds longer each time. But it will take awhile to get it. Chances of it being shiney are about 1/8195. You won't believe what I've been through trying to get a shiney Treecko. Hatched now almost 200, maybe more.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    So...restarting your game over and over could take like....200+ hours to find one. :D

Have fun!

dragon_master C

the master of all dragons!
    Years
    Pok?monScott said:
    I need a code for a Shiny Magikarp or Gyarados. I want a Shiny Gyarados as part of my team.

-Scott-

hey! can you make me one of those shadow thingys with charizard?
    you know that thing at the bottom?

shadow909

I'm the dragon master
    Years
    all my pokemon are shiny because i through my gameboy adv. hard in the floor but not to hard then all my pokemons are shiny. and ho oh when i faced him he was lugia and lugia was ho oh

*EDIT* tip for to catch shiny pokemon put your lucky channel music on.

Last edited:

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    Shadow909, I don't believe anything you say on these forums. You lie constantly. Just stop. You didn't get all shiny pokemon for throwing your gameboy.

shadow909

I'm the dragon master
    Years
    well i didnt do it yoo too hard and i dont lie i never lie only my cousins if i had lied i would have said "aww you caught actully i didnt" cause im too worrysome to lie and im shy to lie.if i had lie i wouldve either erased that comment or edit.i never lie i dont like to lie i hate people who lie.

-TIP-_-to get shinys-_ but on your radion in pokemon gold or silver to lucky channel-_

*but it doesnt always work*

Missie

Pokemon Groomer
    Years
    The only way you would get "shiny" pokemon from throwing your gameboy is because you busted up the gameboy colors inside. Oy. Plus you would be stupid to throw around a gameboy just to get fake shinies.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    And it add to what SRV and Missie has said...that music is not going to raise the chances. It's at a set value, and it will stay at that set value unless you use a Gameshark.

Years
    don't keep on restarting the game just save infront of the pokemon you want, if not shiny DON'T RESTART YOUR GAME! just turn off and turn on and try again, and yes the pokemon will change, thats how i got my shiny mudkip and now a shiny eevee! from an egg,

Steven Hughes

Bandit
    Years
    I have two shinys total, bth on my Emerald game

Zubat(in EV training) which I named TABORC (try to figure it out)
    Koffing Which i named Darking

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back