• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    yeah and they have to do the thing all over again and missie I wouldn't throw my gameboy around for shines its just luck

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    You don't read do you?

Simon said:
    And it add to what SRV and Missie has said...that music is not going to raise the chances. It's at a set value, and it will stay at that set value unless you use a Gameshark.
    Plus, FRLG doesn't have a radio.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I got a shiney from Crystal A Pupurin (IgglyBuff) from the ODD EGG from the daycare man. But thats a 50% chance of being shiney anyways, Its now a level 49 shiney Purin, I still don't know if I want to evolve into a Pukurin, But I might eventually. and theres a shiny ditto cheat that you can do from GSC with a shiny, Trade it to RY or B then teach it mimic from a PokeDoll and giving it to the CopyCat, then battle a ditto mimic transform wait till it uses transform the second time, then catch it. I don't know if that works fully or not I tried to do it but my game I was the farthest in was erased... but I did have some odd glitches one of my Daycare pokemon grew 81 levels to level 100 then a random box pokemon was 100, This was because I traded Serebii from Crystal I suppose. (I like the Japanese names)

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    ShadowTails said:
    But thats a 50% chance of being shiney anyways

What are you talking about? It's not a 50% chance? It's much more greater than that. I'm not sure what the chances are in Crystal, but in the newer generation games, it's about 1/8192. It's probably a bit less in Crystal, but there's no way it's 50%. Sorry.

Years
    there is in the odd egg, i got a pichu on 1 game, tade restart, two restarts later i got a shiny elekid. that proves that their is a 50% chance of a shiny in the odd egg.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    ShadowTails said:
    theres a shiny ditto cheat that you can do from GSC with a shiny, Trade it to RY or B then teach it mimic from a PokeDoll and giving it to the CopyCat, then battle a ditto mimic transform wait till it uses transform the second time, then catch it.
    That won't work. Ditto reverts to it's orignal form after a battle, shiny or not.

eevee_lady said:
    there is in the odd egg, i got a pichu on 1 game, tade restart, two restarts later i got a shiny elekid. that proves that their is a 50% chance of a shiny in the odd egg.
    That proves nothing if you talk with such poor spelling and grammar, making it hard for some people to understand.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2006
    Ive calculated a bit on this, and if you see 1862(?) pkmn it is a 1862 chance that it will b shiny, so... If u meet 1170000 (give or take) wild pokemon, atleast 1 will b shiny...

//Vahiki

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    That does not make any sense.

Here's pretty much what you just said.
    If you see 1862 pokemon, it's a 1862 chance of it being shiny 1862 chance? It has to be out of something, it can't just be one number.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    PokemonChamp said:
    Does ANYBODY know where to get a shiny???!!!!!!!!!!!!![if so please tell me]
    The very first page of this thread answered your question. Everytime you run into a Pokemon, there is a 1/8192 chance of it being shiny.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2006
    I got my first shiny...I caught a shiny roseila(i think that's how you spell it) It had a black instead of blue rose and a purple instead of blue rose and it's green skin is more yellow....yay!

Quilava-chan

Quilava pwns.
    Years
    i caught three shineys shiny zigzagoon shiny koffing and a shiny evee which evolved into a umbreon that makes 4

So when a shiny pokemon evolves it will stay shiny? I don't wanna let my shiny vulpix evolve and have a regular ninetales..

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Quilava-chan said:
    So when a shiny pokemon evolves it will stay shiny? I don't wanna let my shiny vulpix evolve and have a regular ninetales..
    Yes, it'll stay as a shiny.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back