• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Ummmm, I found this in Bulbapedia, dont ask me how to calculate it, I have no idea either >_> This is also posted under the Breeders Corner.

The personality value is a doubleword that controls many constant characteristics of a certain Pok?mon.

For every in-depth explanation, take p to represent the actual doubleword value. Furthermore, pw will denote the lowest word value of p where necessary.

Shininess depends not solely on the personality, but the zero-value found to be (p xor [Trainer ID]). Take the higher and lower word of this value and xor them again to each other. If the resulting value is less than 8 then the Pok?mon is shiny.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    ummm how was i spamming?
    i was saying you gotta have more patience to get a shiny than 4 days....

pikachu2460

CHHAAAA
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    Pok?-Munna said:
    ummm how was i spamming?
    i was saying you gotta have more patience to get a shiny than 4 days....

sorry but i still cant see your posts. please dont post in white

Last edited:

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Guys, don't go offtopic. -_-; Discuss what's meant to be discussed. Also, pikachu2460, make sure you have four words of your own AT LEAST per post, i.e. quoted words don't count. Pok?-Munna was not spamming until you guys deviated from the topic.

pikachu2460

CHHAAAA
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    Kylie-chan said:
    Guys, don't go offtopic. -_-; Discuss what's meant to be discussed. Also, pikachu2460, make sure you have four words of your own AT LEAST per post, i.e. quoted words don't count. Pok?-Munna was not spamming until you guys deviated from the topic.

oh oh, four words...still learning at my age...wow

OMG! I must be blind!
    those tiny prints are posts instead of extra add ons...oh no...what ever shall i do?!? *Sincere apology to Poke-munna*

ok back on track...four days is too much for my patience level. lol.

(0_0)

Banned
    Years
    soo your kyle_chan trevor123321 has told me great things about you he gos to my school he a bit of d*** head at times but he likes to be always right anway bye

pikachu2460

CHHAAAA
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    oh i remember now munna, there was a bloody picture in your signiture before and that threw me off :P

the top 3 things i hate:
    1: darkness
    2: blood
    3: PEOPLE! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I met a shiny Makuhita in Granite Cave a couple weeks ago on Emerald, while training to beat Brawley. Caught it, though my older non-shiny one has better DVs in everything but Special Attack. Maybe I'll use it as bargaining material...

I just seem to be lucky in the Advance games. I got PokeRUS very early in my old Sapphire game (now with my cousin), then I got a Ruby game and got a shiny Spinda while training, and now this.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    Well I just caught a shiny rhyhorn in the Safari Zone in my Emerald....it looks all bronze like..XD

pikachu2460

CHHAAAA
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    i only have 2 shinies...lucky you people...

my friend has all the ledgendaries in shiny mode :D (not legit of course)

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2005
    OMG a shiny charizard your so lucky i just found out i have a shiny magiccarp i evoled it into a gyarsdos i love her lol i only hav one but im after a shiny ralts its my dream to own a shiny Gardevoir they made and strong.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    In Gold I found a shiny blue Koffing in Burned Tower. That's why I gave myself the title of "Master of the Blue Koffing". I re-started the game afterwards. I don't play G/S anymore since the advanced series came out.
    And if you use cheats in Pokemon Gold to find a shiny Celebi, it will be a rusty red/gold colour.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Maturity's overrated. So am I.
    Years
    I've never even heard of a shiny Pokemon. Do you find them in Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby? I saw someone say that they were found on the Victory Road...I hate that place. But I mean, I guess they're pretty special. Can you trade them to Pokemon Colosseum and will they still be shiny? :\

Dragonite Tamer

I'll never leave you behind.
    Years
    Scipio said:
    I've never even heard of a shiny Pokemon. Do you find them in Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby? I saw someone say that they were found on the Victory Road...I hate that place. But I mean, I guess they're pretty special. Can you trade them to Pokemon Colosseum and will they still be shiny? :\
    Shiny Pokemon are just normal Pokemon with a different colour. They can be any Pokemon in any place, even legendaries but there is only a 1 in 8192 chance of the next Pokemon you meet being shiny. I don't even have any.:(

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    i have 4 shiny pokemon all after looking at a picture of it and thinking of its looks except for spinda which i got in a trade

exeggutor- i caught on my 16th safari ball a day after i learn about shinys/ remembered
    Spinda- traded from my brother
    Sanslash- saved in front of the desert and reset after 2 pokes for latios
    kadabra - reset 1410 times in gamecorner

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    I haven't read the whole thread, but anyway, here's a nice lil' story for ya'll:

About 10:00 at night (bedtime was 9:00 ^_^) I was just trying to catch a Torkoal, right? Cause everyone wants a Torkoal. They're the coolest. Anyway, I'm walking along for a Torkoal, and I have tons and tons of Ultra Balls. I'm walking...BAAM! I run into a Pokemon. I close my eyes cause I'm not sure it's a Torkoal. Build up the suspense ^_^ and I open my eyes because I heard something weird. I am astounded as I get out of my covers (cause I always hide under them ^_^) and look at my DS again. WOW! A black Koffing! That's awesome. In Ruby. I chuck balls at it practically cursing for it to get in, and when I do catch it I go to sleep and tell my sister in the morning. She's all ecstatic and then I look it up and see it's a shiny! YAY! I trained it up till lv.60 and it learned Memento. Weird how practically all shinies are trained to high levels, ya know?

Too bad for me, because I restarted my game. I didn't know you could buy Ice Beam at the Game Corner. Tropius was killing me in the Battle Tower, and I needed to teach Ice Beam to Latios T-T

I also saw a shiny Ninetales in the Battle Pyramid and was ticked off that I couldn't catch it...I practically cried and left the DS on for a while looking at that thing forever.

I think I ran into a shiny when I was only six or so, and killed it. T-T I want a shiny Latios (which is almost impossible) and I want a shiny Mawile ^_^ Does anyone know the AR code for shinies on Ruby/Emerald? Just wondering. I don't know what version I have, it just looks like Pokemon Pinball and has AR on it.

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    I was once told that if you catch a Phanpy in the Safari Zone and then hop on that spot with the Acro Bike until you find a Natu that it would be shiny.Being the gullible person I am, I did exactly that on my Sapphire Game. I hopped, and hopped, and hopped... Until I found a Brown Gloom. I was ecstatic. I was disappointed that it wasn't a Natu, but I caught the Gloom all the same, and then I raised it to level 49 and it helped me catch the Regi trio.A year later my cousin asked me where I got the Gloom and I told her about the so-called 'Shiny Natu cheat', and she immediately flicked on her Sapphire game and spent hours looking in the Safari Zone for a shiny Pokemon.It was so funny I couldn't help but laugh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back