• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyN-Master

PokePyromaniac
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2006
    Yea it shows as shiny lol, i was exaggerating, i didnt say w00t w00t! because it sounds stupid out loud. But yeah, shiny charmander FTW!

DyN-Master

PokePyromaniac
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2006
    Also saw a shiny Zigzagoon on my Sapphire, but it was before i could get pokeballs... damnit!

DyN-Master

PokePyromaniac
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2006
    I actually recall last time I started over in crystal I was walking through and... I ran into a shiny sentret as my first wild encounter...

But a question about shiny starter pokemon, when you click on the pokeball, does the preview pic come up shiny? I've never gotten a shiny starter so I've wondered.

No it doesnt, you have to find out in the batle or check in the pokemon status thing if it is or not. If you want one just save before u pick and keep trying till' u get a shiny

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
    i finally got all the shinies i wanted it turned i got more shinies than i wanted when i was looking for a shiny ghastly i run into a shiny latios i said awww stfu Latios and ran XD jk.... i was still sad cause i was gonna have another 80000+ encounters before i get another shiny..... but i caught it anyway thanks to my wobeffet who knew scary face

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    Well, I caught a Golden Golbat. I didn't even know what shinies were back when I caught it. It appeared and I noticed that it sparkled. So I wanted it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2007
    people hunt for shiny pokemon?? you'd have to spend days of non-stop searching! Is there some special way to do it, or do you just keep searching the area for the Pokemon until you find a shiny version? Anyway I've got a Shiny Electrode, found it randomly walking around New Mauville, dunno whether it's any better than a normal one, here it is anyway...

Electrode (Lv50)
    Lax
    ATK 69
    DEF 106
    Sp.ATK 108
    Sp.DEF 91
    SPD 170
    Haven't bothered with its attacks. Something like Spark, Rollout, Selfdestruct, Light Screen

Years
    I'm now SRing on my LG for a Shiny Lax as I build up my in-game team for the E4...I like SRing for Lax b/c I can SR on and off w/o harming my chances of getting him shiny. I'm trying to do alot of SR's though because I'm in a race with my cousin to get the first shiny of the year and I want to get it, because he already has like 7 shinies--he could wait to find another 1(3) [he is triple SR on 3 different games for 3 different pokes...its something else...lol--well wish me luck for my first shiny in '07

Years
    people hunt for shiny pokemon?? you'd have to spend days of non-stop searching! Is there some special way to do it, or do you just keep searching the area for the Pokemon until you find a shiny version? Anyway I've got a Shiny Electrode, found it randomly walking around New Mauville, dunno whether it's any better than a normal one, here it is anyway...

Electrode (Lv50)
    Lax
    ATK 69
    DEF 106
    Sp.ATK 108
    Sp.DEF 91
    SPD 170
    Haven't bothered with its attacks. Something like Spark, Rollout, Selfdestruct, Light Screen

The fact that it is shiny won't affect its stats or abilities. It is just really rare and it looks cool...lol--lack of anything better to say--still something to be proud of, but no, it isn't (ability-wise) better than any other wild electrode(technically). Oh, and a way to look for shiny pokemon is to save in front of like a person who gives you a pokemon, or a pokeball(like a starter) and keep Soft Resetting( A+B+Start+Select) until the pokemon you want is shiny. It is tedious but it is worth it

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    the luckiest boy in the world (of hoenn)

i reckon that when it comes to shiny pokemon, i am the bees knees with leerdammer cheese. everyone is saying that they've seen a shiny pokemon, KO'd it and never seen one again. but the following pkmn (NO TRADE) are my shinies:
    Nosepass
    Dustox
    Beautifly
    Duskull (that one that can be found on mt pyre)
    Wurmple
    Makuhita}both in different places!
    Hariyama}both in different places!
    Absol
    Tropius (?didnt even know it culd be a shiny til i caught it?)
    Seedot (Nuzleaf, then Shiftry) which was a LUCKY find
    Poochyena (then Mightyena)
    Tentacool}BOTH IN DIFFERENT PLACES
    Tentacruel}BOTH IN DIFFERENT PLACES
    Slugma
    Sandshrew (then Sandslash)
    Spinda
    and finally, a shiny Claydol.

pokemaniac93, over and out

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    I once found a shiny Zigzagoon right at the start of my game. Back then I didn't know what a shiny was and thought that this Zigzagoon was some kind of Missingo. Consquently I turned off my cart and started the game over...just to be on the safeside!

:t131:Micklo

Years
    well i got a new shiny yay

Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Xbull3t

Dragon Master
    Years
    I'm very lucky to have Shiny:
    Metagross(Got from Stephens house in Mossdeep while it was a beldum)
    Rayquaza(Sky Tower)
    Salamence(Found as bagon in Meteor Falls)
    Mightyena(was a Poochyena found inbetween Petalburg and Petalburg Woods). Shiny Mightyena reminds me of golden siberian huskys lol.

SnowPhoenix

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2008
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back