• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Well... everyone seems to have shiny Pokémon that are legendarys... how do you get them? Do you save before Rayquaza, and if it's not shiny, just restart, and keep doing so? I'm gonna go shiny hunting soon for my dearly beloved Swellow, and I know that it's rare and there's no way of helping it, but do people use GameSharks for legendarys?

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    So when you say that you were hunting for shiny regis does that mean that you saved in front of the regis and then just kept restarting if they weren't shiny?

Yes you could SR for any legendary

Some people cheat but there is a way to get it without cheating. I haven't found out how yet but i am trying.
    Yes you can get shinies without cheating. You just have to be extremely lucky. You have a 1 in 8192 chance for a pokemon being shiny.

Sprite

The one and only.
    Years
    I have 2 shiny pokemon.I say shiny are rare and hard to find.

They are. 1/8192 chance.
    Anyway, I have a lot of shinies. My most recent one is Mudkip in Emerald. It took me a long time to finally see one after SRing like 200 times. =P

Years
    in muh emerald, there is a cheat 2 get shinies on AR, but u must get it online. so in my emerald (which i begun over because it got all screwed up) i had a LOT of shinies.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2013
    I got a few shinies by pure luck in my Emerald version on my comp. I can only remember the shiny Ralts and Marill, but I'm sure I had like 5 of them.

=P

I really wanted a shiny absol though >.<

Never found one. D=

Years
    I have almost all the pokemon gba games, (besides red rescue and emerald) and my main one is Fire Red. No shinies in there, but while starting over my LG over and over, (was bored), I found a shiny gastly, now its a lv.87 haunter.

Later that month, my best friends younger brother found a shiny hitmonlee, and I traded my pokemon gold/gameshark/mewtwo @Master Ball for it, was a good trade, because my Hitmonlee is now lv.92, with an adamant nature, xD

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I just now caught a shiny Sandshrew, which is good because I actually was planning on catching a Sandshrew! I'm trying to recreate the team as well as I can remember it from back in the days of Pokemon Blue.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    On Gold my friend found a Shiny Purple Growlithe (But he let it go because none of us knew about Shinys.) I caught a Shiny Raticate on Silver and A Shiny Gyrados (Obviously :D ). And I met another Shiny Pokemon (can't remember which Pokemon) but I ran out of Pokeballs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    hehe i have found shiny paras and shiny arbok at victory road and arbok was gold so it looks much better hhehehe

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I have only ever caught a red garados on gold but I am going to go shiny hunting tomorrow. This is for all those who are struggling to get shiny pokemon GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    I have only ever caught a red garados on gold but I am going to go shiny hunting tomorrow. This is for all those who are struggling to get shiny pokemon GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck, it's gonna be tough. I hope you catch one.

So far I've played about 49 hours and I haven't seen a shiny, but on another file I have, and the other file had only like 20 hours... little messed up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back