• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2007
    ok..i have a question...if you're trying to hatch a shiny egg..is the pokemon calculated to be shiny when the egg is recieved (from day care person) or when it is hatched??

so do i actually have to hatch 8000 eggs...or can i just save a few steps before the egg hatches..and reset my game that way?

(i really want a shiny metagross/beldum

The chances that it will be a shiny is calculated when the egg is recieved from the daycare person as well as its stats ect.

So saving right before it hatches won't do a thing

And even if you hatch 8000 eggs it isn't guranteed that you will recieve a shiny, It's the same chance for every egg
    Anyways I've never had much "luck" when it comes to shinies. My younger brothers have though, they've caught about 3 apiece...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Wow, this thread is actually two years old... thats amazing! But I have a few shinies, On ruby, I got a shiny Mudkip the first time I chose one, a shiny Groudon, a shiny Metagross, a shiny Milotic, and a shiny Absol, but my playtime is like 200 hours or something, and on Firered I got a shiny charmander on my first try, a shiny Mewtwo, a shiny Gyrados, a shiny Nidoking, and a Shiny Areodactyl.
    I wish i knew the codes so I didn't spend so much time trying to catch all of these... But at least i still have all of them...

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    Hey, everyone. I haven't been here in a while. Anyways, I got a shiny Scyther today technically (I got it at 12:16 AM). It's a shiny Scizor now. I'm hunting for a shiny Moltres, again...I can never seem to get it, along with Articuno and Zapdos! I haven't run into Suicune yet, so it'd be a nice surprise if it were shiny...

Years
    Hey, everyone. I haven't been here in a while. Anyways, I got a shiny Scyther today technically (I got it at 12:16 AM). It's a shiny Scizor now. I'm hunting for a shiny Moltres, again...I can never seem to get it, along with Articuno and Zapdos! I haven't run into Suicune yet, so it'd be a nice surprise if it were shiny...

or you could do my method and find it and if it is not shiny then sr for it lol

well no new shinys today or this month lol but i am going to hunt suicune and eevee alot this spring break so i am waiting for my ds to get done charging

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    or you could do my method and find it and if it is not shiny then sr for it lol

well no new shinys today or this month lol but i am going to hunt suicune and eevee alot this spring break so i am waiting for my ds to get done charging

I can't do that; I no longer have a Suicune. I restarted it after fully restarting my Emerald1 and FireRed. But I have completed the National Dex fully (i.e. EVERYTHING). Besides, I've already fixed the Network Machine on my game. If I ever get a shiny Suicune, a normal one with good IVs and a good nature, or just give up altogether, and do the same witih Raikou, I'll catch Entei in my Colosseum, and use your method to soft reset for a shiny Entei on my LG (if I ever get shiny Bulbasaur)...grah, too many "ifs"! Anyways, I'm still trying to get a shiny Bulbasaur on my LG. My newest ID is 49443.

On FR, I'm training my shiny Scizor so that it can soak special hits from Articuno and Latias when I try to capture them (shiny of course)...I think I'll try getting shiny Moltres last actually, and alternate between trying to catch shiny Articuno and Zapdos. It takes an annoying amount of time (not too short, not too long) to get to it, and I want to get it last for some reason.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    As most of you all know, I've been soft resetting for a shiny Latias since October 4th. It's now April 3rd, and I still haven't gotten it! :) I'm trying to stay optimistic though, I'll hopefully get it one day. On my second Emerald, version, it's super lucky because I saw 8 shinies on it before I got to the firstPokemon Center (seven shiny Zigzagoons, one shiny Torchic, which is now a shiny Blaziken). I'll be soft resetting for Latias on that as well, as soon as I get my Link Cable back from my cousin, D'MoneyBoi. I'm hoping to get Latias soon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    i caught a shiny pikachu 2 days ago, and it led me out of victory road running. yay! i cought it!

i once cought a shiny lugia 3 yrs ago, at 8 island. it was so hard, i had to catch it with my 2nd master all. i ran out of my 97 ultra balls, :S even paralyzed it.

this is how i plan my shiny pokedude catching:

1.run around in circles, anywhere in islands 1-7,NOT Islands 8-9

2.go in the safari zone and out and in and out x2, once you're in your third time, go to ther back then there will be a cave. go through and you will find 2-5 shiny pokemon. i found 2. dunsparce and haunter.

3.if you don't find your shiny you want, you may walk around with wobbuffet atleast lvl 60 or + in rock tunnel. WARNING AND SIGN OF DEATH:it may take you over 50 hrs to catch even 1 shiny in there, but eventually it will work.

that's how i do it. i REALLY want a shiny bagon/beldum.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
    Years
    2.go in the safari zone and out and in and out x2, once you're in your third time, go to ther back then there will be a cave. go through and you will find 2-5 shiny pokemon. i found 2. dunsparce and haunter.

I didant understand the 2nd part. And would that help me get a shiney Zapdos?

Doubtful considering that the second part is a big warm steaming pile of crap -_-

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I officially hate the GBA games... well, as I play my sapphire again after resetting it, I finish fortree gym, and on my way to lilycove... The normal marill battle, til I notice the sparkles, now, WTF, this is my FIFTH shiny marill... and I've never caught a diff. shiny...

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
    So, I finally encountered/caught my first Emerald shiny pokemon. I started a new game and in the Forrest area, I encountered a shiny cascoon :-)

It's a Dustox now and I'm very happy about it. It sucks as a pokemon, but meh it's shiny.

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    So, I finally encountered/caught my first Emerald shiny pokemon. I started a new game and in the Forrest area, I encountered a shiny cascoon :-)

It's a Deoxys now and I'm very happy about it. It sucks as a pokemon, but meh it's shiny.

Errr. Sorry, What? O.o; Confused here...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back