• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
  • I have seven 3rd Gen handheld games, but I cannot hunt on all of them. Why? Well, I'm trying to get a lot of stuff from my third gen games to my Diamond version, and because of that, I need my two Emeralds to clone and transfer, and I need my Ruby1 and FireRed to transfer when my Emeralds can't transfer. Therefore, I can only hunt on my Sapphire, Ruby2, and LeafGreen. I'm also hunting on Pokemon Colosseum.

Here are my targets

LeafGreen :: Bulbasaur
    Colos :: Suicune
    Ruby2 :: Mudkip
    Sapphire :: Mudkip/Treecko

Wish me luck.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    me the 3rd luckiest person, and you guys, you're one of the luckiest in the world, next to my cousin ^^

Frugget

Meteor Masher
    Years
  • i bet there's some crazy guy out there who devoted his life to colecting a shiny version of every pokemon ever.
    Lol, what a loser you'd have to be:laugh:

oh, and don't go telling me it's impossible, i know it is, celebi and all those event-gained pokemon, you'd proably have to ask the attendants to give you the pokemon like thousands of times over until you got a shiny, and i don't think they get paid enough money to go and do that for you.:knockedou

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    it is possible, i know. it is not impossible. my cousin has 17 shinies, he's a very lucky person... yeh you'd have to be so crazy to actually TRY and get a shiny pokemon and you get them all the time, half of people would think it's just a lucky coincedince ;) (however you spell it)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • i bet there's some crazy guy out there who devoted his life to colecting a shiny version of every pokemon ever.
    Lol, what a loser you'd have to be:laugh:
    A friend of mine that visits this actually wants to get every single shiny Pokemon, and it's going just fine for him. He's hardly a loser, and I don't see why you think just because someone wants to get every shiny, that makes him (or her) so obsessed freak who thinks about nothing but shinies.

Ledah_18(O_o)

Pokemon Rules (^.^)
    Years
  • Yes Yes Finally My First One!!!

:shocked: hey everyone read this it's shocking for me i finally got my first shiny pokemon in sapphire and i have been playing that game for 516 hours and its my first one the one and only one its my tyrogue it has blue pants and a little lighter his skin i was shocked when i saw it came from an egg the time that it came out was at 7:49PM of today i was screaming i save it right away :paranoid: just to make sure nothing bad happens like battery runout or me droping it something like that i have ruby as well but ruby i have been playing more time i have been playing it for about lets say 530 hours:D hehe so i have been playing more than 1000 hours and my first shiny one has come to me YAAAAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:D :knockedou i almost fainted when i saw it i am blessed i was lucky i was chosen by the luck the luck said to me you you are next to have a pokemon shiny, maybe that happend maybe not well i finally got my first shiny in sapphire but i have got shiny in gold and silver too they where pidgey, gligar,machop,squirtle & butterfree those where good times snif:'( now those versions are now not working they don't have battery anymore yes already i've used that trick to duplicate items and pokemon well i am happy now that i have my first shiny in the 3rd generation of pokemon aahhhh:( i just hope another one comes out like rayquaza or someone better but tyrogue is rare coming out shiny ain't it:\ oh and good luck to ya all;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    i got 2 shinies today

:shocked: hey everyone read this it's shocking for me i finally got my first shiny pokemon in sapphire and i have been playing that game for 516 hours and its my first one the one and only one its my tyrogue it has blue pants and a little lighter his skin i was shocked when i saw it came from an egg the time that it came out was at 7:49PM of today i was screaming i save it right away :paranoid: just to make sure nothing bad happens like battery runout or me droping it something like that i have ruby as well but ruby i have been playing more time i have been playing it for about lets say 530 hours:D hehe so i have been playing more than 1000 hours and my first shiny one has come to me YAAAAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:D :knockedou i almost fainted when i saw it i am blessed i was lucky i was chosen by the luck the luck said to me you you are next to have a pokemon shiny, maybe that happend maybe not well i finally got my first shiny in sapphire but i have got shiny in gold and silver too they where pidgey, gligar,machop,squirtle & butterfree those where good times snif:'( now those versions are now not working they don't have battery anymore yes already i've used that trick to duplicate items and pokemon well i am happy now that i have my first shiny in the 3rd generation of pokemon aahhhh:( i just hope another one comes out like rayquaza or someone better but tyrogue is rare coming out shiny ain't it:\ oh and good luck to ya all;)

haha lucky you AND me today, such a qoincadence... I gave up looking for a shiny raiku, i went back to the safari zone, guess what my first pokemon in the wild was there? a shiny nidoran male! i was kinda happy (somehow not much) so anyway i threw 15 pieces of bait, and then 3 rocks. he was angry, so i threw another piece of bait, and he started eating the food. i threw a safari ball, didn't work, i threw a rock, he didnt run, i threw a safari ball after that, and i caught him!! yay! my sixth shiny! now i have a whole party of shinies! but, i felt kinda bad about not finding a shiny raiku, this is odd, but as soon as i went into curilean cave to get a ditto for breeding, instead i found an orange raiku level 50, the hair on his back was yellow, and the star on his face was aqua, it is the one and only SHINY RAIKU!!! I went ahead and threw my brother's hacked master ball at him QUICKLY and i caught him! i am so lucky today! woohoo!!! 2 shinies in one day is no ordinary coincadence... this rocks! shiny raiku is what i have wanted all along! I don't know what shiny to find next, but I'm plenty happy now! boo yah!

sorry about the double post, but it got stuffed up ONCE AGAIN!!

Last edited:

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    haha lucky you AND me today, such a qoincadence... I gave up looking for a shiny raiku, i went back to the safari zone, guess what my first pokemon in the wild was there? a shiny nidoran male! i was kinda happy (somehow not much) so anyway i threw 15 pieces of bait, and then 3 rocks. he was angry, so i threw another piece of bait, and he started eating the food. i threw a safari ball, didn't work, i threw a rock, he didnt run, i threw a safari ball after that, and i caught him!! yay! my sixth shiny! now i have a whole party of shinies! but, i felt kinda bad about not finding a shiny raiku, this is odd, but as soon as i went into curilean cave to get a ditto for breeding, instead i found an orange raiku level 58, the hair on his back was yellow, and the star on his face was aqua, it is the one and only SHINY RAIKU!!! I went ahead and threw my brother's hacked master ball at him QUICKLY and i caught him! i am so lucky today! woohoo!!! 2 shinies in one day is no ordinary coincadence... this rocks! shiny raiku is what i have wanted all along! I don't know what shiny to find next, but I'm plenty happy now! boo yah!

Uhhh. Raikou is found at level 50

So far, no luck in finding Lapras, sigh, I will get you one day Lappy!

Frugget

Meteor Masher
    Years
  • A friend of mine that visits this actually wants to get every single shiny Pokemon, and it's going just fine for him. He's hardly a loser, and I don't see why you think just because someone wants to get every shiny, that makes him (or her) so obsessed freak who thinks about nothing but shinies.

fair enough. it's an interesting hobby, but it really boils down to how serious he really is about this.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • haha lucky you AND me today, such a qoincadence... I gave up looking for a shiny raiku, i went back to the safari zone, guess what my first pokemon in the wild was there? a shiny nidoran male! i was kinda happy (somehow not much) so anyway i threw 15 pieces of bait, and then 3 rocks. he was angry, so i threw another piece of bait, and he started eating the food. i threw a safari ball, didn't work, i threw a rock, he didnt run, i threw a safari ball after that, and i caught him!! yay! my sixth shiny! now i have a whole party of shinies! but, i felt kinda bad about not finding a shiny raiku, this is odd, but as soon as i went into curilean cave to get a ditto for breeding, instead i found an orange raiku level 58, the hair on his back was yellow, and the star on his face was aqua, it is the one and only SHINY RAIKU!!! I went ahead and threw my brother's hacked master ball at him QUICKLY and i caught him! i am so lucky today! woohoo!!! 2 shinies in one day is no ordinary coincadence... this rocks! shiny raiku is what i have wanted all along! I don't know what shiny to find next, but I'm plenty happy now! boo yah!

I'm really liking the fact that only 3 or 4 people here can tell the truth about their shinies.

You cannot find Raikou at level 58, AND it cannot be found in Cerulean Cave. I can't even imagine how you expected us to believe you.

Your shiny Nidoran story is hardly believeable as well, I've never heard of a Safari Pokemon sticking around that long. At least it makes sense. If you're telling the truth however, congrats.

Now onto shiny hunting problems...

*sigh*
    What the heck is wrong with my game?

Shiny Pokemon Discussion

And if you don't believe me, you can compare the above pic to this one:

Shiny Pokemon Discussion

The Mudkip in the above one (the one that just happened) has 21 HP. The Mudkip in the below pic has 20 HP.

This happened at about 10:30 AM.

Ledah_18(O_o)

Pokemon Rules (^.^)
    Years
  • I'm really liking the fact that only 3 or 4 people here can tell the truth about their shinies.

You cannot find Raikou at level 58, AND it cannot be found in Cerulean Cave. I can't even imagine how you expected us to believe you.

Your shiny Nidoran story is hardly believeable as well, I've never heard of a Safari Pokemon sticking around that long. At least it makes sense. If you're telling the truth however, congrats.

Now onto shiny hunting problems...

*sigh*
    What the heck is wrong with my game?

And if you don't believe me, you can compare the above pic to this one:

The Mudkip in the above one (the one that just happened) has 21 HP. The Mudkip in the below pic has 20 HP.

This happened at about 10:30 AM.

yeah i also don't think hes saying the true cause i have heard that you get a raikou by some special way and shiny in cerulean cave it may be posible... but with cheats you know right? well i now have my tyrogue like in a hall of fame i am thinking in who to evolve him to... maybe hitmonchan ... i rather prefer hitmontop,, but what about hitmonlee hmm plenty of choises haha:laugh: well now i am like hoping aroud please please shiny shiny oh no, no shiny this time, i am with more illusion that a shiny one gets to me now
    i was like i will never get my shiny, but look i got a tyrogue and that one is hard to make it come shiny ain't it?:\

shadowcreep

Artiste
    Years
  • I only have one shiny and its from ruby i was going through the desert area where you need the goggles and i ran into a sandshrew and the only reason i didnt run away was because those stars came by and i was like wth cool and evolved him into sandslash with red spines =]

but my bro on the other hand is luckier than I. He recently caught a shiny golbat in the cerulean cave and my friend daniel gave him a shiny walrien cuz its purple and too "gay" for him >_>

nguyende

Student
    Years
  • Hmmm... I may have posted in this thread before, though I am not sure... I looked back a few pages and didn't see anything, so I'm going to assume I didn't :P

I have 3 Shiny pkmn! :D

LV. 56 ShinyMightyena (caught as a LV. 3-4 (I forget, lol) ShinyPoocyena around 30minutes into the game, in the grass south of Odale Town, caught with 2 Pokéballs)
    LV. 78 ShinyRayquaza (caught at LV. 70, Sky Pillar, caught with 1 Masterball)

And... LV. 50 ShinyLatias!!! No, lol, I'm just kidding... I only have 2 Shiny pkmn, and I haven't even found Latias yet... I swear that Latias is purposely not showing itself, and is laughing at me behind her back! :(

"I'm really liking the fact that only 3 or 4 people here can tell the truth about their shinies.

You cannot find Raikou at level 58, AND it cannot be found in Cerulean Cave..."

He apparently says the Raikou was LV. 50, and that when he typed LV. 58 it was only a typing error... But anyway, why can't you catch Raikou in Cerulean Cave? After you've helped repair the Network Machine, Raikou can be found in the wild if you chose Squirtle as your starter pkmn, right? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't understand why Raikou cannot be caught there, when he could be caught everywhere else? I thouht he coud be caught anywhere... :\

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back