• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikari

<-- Do want <3
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2007
    The only shiny Pokemon I've ever caught (without hacking) were a shiny Oddish and a shiny Azurill (although technically I got Azurill from an egg), both useless to me since I already have both. I could evolve them to fill out my Pokedex, I guess, but I wanna finish the Emerald game before I start going on a Pokedex filling frenzy.

nguyende

Student
    Years
    The only shiny Pokemon I've ever caught (without hacking) were a shiny Oddish and a shiny Azurill (although technically I got Azurill from an egg), both useless to me since I already have both. I could evolve them to fill out my Pokedex, I guess, but I wanna finish the Emerald game before I start going on a Pokedex filling frenzy.

I didn't even know it was possible to obtain shiny pkmn through hacking devices! :shocked:
    Not that it would matter to me anyway... I don't use them, nor do I think they're even sold in my town, lol :P
    I'd evolve that Oddish into a Bellosom if I were you, it would look so pretty :) (you need it to add to your pokdex anyway, right?)

Some of the people that've posted in this thread are sooo lucky! 10 or more shiny pkmn! I've been playing Sapphire/Emerald/LeafGreen for about 500 hours in total, and have only found two shiny pkmn! :surprised:
    My friend is really angry because he hasn't found any yet.. hehe... :P

Anyway, I haven't found anymore shinies since my last post, nor have I found Latias yet, though I will continue my search region-wide (for Latias I mean, I don't purposely go out to look for shinies)! :rambo:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    He apparently says the Raikou was LV. 50, and that when he typed LV. 58 it was only a typing error... But anyway, why can't you catch Raikou in Cerulean Cave? After you've helped repair the Network Machine, Raikou can be found in the wild if you chose Squirtle as your starter pkmn, right? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't understand why Raikou cannot be caught there, when he could be caught everywhere else? I thouht he coud be caught anywhere... :\

Raikou, Entei, and Suicune can only be captured in areas with GRASS (with the exception of Suicune, who can be found in water). He said he found Raikou in a cave, which means he is either lying, or he hacked his game.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    I saw a Shiny Poliwhirl, but it was sadly in the Battle Dome. I had a Shiny Shuppet, light blue, but my game got erased. I had a Shiny Natu, but I realeased it(for some stupid reason that I don't remember)

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2007
    My one and only shiny sadly is my green tentacool. I also say a shiny espeon in the battle tower, which made me so mad since it's my favorite shiny.

nguyende

Student
    Years
    Raikou, Entei, and Suicune can only be captured in areas with GRASS (with the exception of Suicune, who can be found in water). He said he found Raikou in a cave, which means he is either lying, or he hacked his game.

Oh, I see! Well... I never knew that, but... I do now! :laugh:
    I thank you for answering my question (to be honest, I didn't think you would... hehe...) :)
    I guess that kinda makes it a little easier to find them now :P

Anyway... I still haven't found anymore shinies since my last post, but I found Latias! :D
    Unfortunately, I used my Masterball to catch that ShinyRayquaza... and noone in my party had the ability shadowtag, nor did I have a pokémon in my party with the move meanlook... With no means to trap it, I randomly threw an Ultraball and she got away :(

My one and only shiny sadly is my green tentacool. I also say a shiny espeon in the battle tower, which made me so mad since it's my favorite shiny.

Aww... ShinyEspeon is my favourite too! :(
    Well, one of them anyway, hehe :P

Litrid

Certified Poke Ball
    Years
    I had a shiny oddish but I released it by accident and I was yelling at myself for 30 mins it was dark green

Years
    I've found Raikou on water. =/

I am currently soft resetting for shiny Chikorita on Emerald. The cursed Emerald on which I did 20,000 resets for shiny Treecko and found nothing.

nguyende

Student
    Years
    I feel like I've posted this before [ perhaps I did... hehe... looks like this thread went back in time.. :P ], but anyway... I haven't found any shinies since my last post, but my friend's ShinyGolbat evolved into a ShinyCrobat! It's pink... hehe... Later he started a New Game though! He could've at least have given the Crobat to me... :'(

Last edited:

nguyende

Student
    Years
    lol i am so unlucky i never had shinys or shiny encounters -.-

You're just thinking of the glass as half empty, think of the glass as half full! I don't think you're unlucky, other people are just lucky. :)

Anyway, haven't found anymore shinies since my last post (I caught Registeel though. I thought I already caught him, but... Well, I guess I was wrong), still on the lookout! :rambo:
    (Also, I began soft-reseting for a ShinyCharmander on PKMN LeafGreen Version. No progress yet, however)

Mustache

Good Ingame-Bad Online Trainer
    Years
    hi

i'm kinda a new guy on the forum, but i am not a new guy on pokemon... but i'll skip the intro and tell you bout my shinyz

right now i am walking around on my firered with a nice shiny golem and a shiny onix. i found em by just... playing the game, no searching whatsoever. just a geodude while goin thru mt moon, and an onix in victory road while trainin for ta league. lucky me :D just the fact that i had to trade the graveler to get a golem... very irritating. someone almost ran away with MY shiny golem!

ow, and i also got a question, i don't know if it has been asked and answered yet, becouse i am to lazy to read through 80 pages of shiny pokemon stuff:

just imagine that i find a shiny nincada. now, i would train it to lvl 19. then i go to pokecenter and deposit some pokemon, so i have an empty slot. now i lvl nincada 1 more lvl and it evolves. i gues you all know i now get a nice free pokemon, a shedinja. would this shedinja also be shiny?

nguyende

Student
    Years
    "... hi

i'm kinda a new guy on the forum..."

You should Introduce yourself in the Forum New Users / Welcome :) (just a thought, you don't have to)

"...just imagine that i find a shiny nincada. now, i would train it to lvl 19. then i go to pokecenter and deposit some pokemon, so i have an empty slot. now i lvl nincada 1 more lvl and it evolves. i gues you all know i now get a nice free pokemon, a shedinja. would this shedinja also be shiny?"

Hmmm... That's a good question... I would assume so, seeing as there is a "shiny" version of every pokémon and that there is only one method of obtaining a Shedinja. I say yes, but have no good facts to suport my answer. It is quite logical, however. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back