• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon in the Advanced Generation Games

m36mcnotin

Cute Pokemon Fan
    Years
    OMG! I was playing Pokemon Emerald and I saw a shiny Poochyena. I started a new game and I was training for my first battle with Brendan. When I was training, the next pokemon that appeared was this shiny Poochyena. I haven't fought Brendan yet, so I didn't have any pokeballs. When was the time you saw a shiny pokemon in Pokemon FR, LG, Ruby or Sapphire?

Desman3000

Years
    The first time I was playing Ruby through, I was about "awaken" Sudowoodo in the Battle Frontier. He turned out to be a shiny... YAY!

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    I think mine was a shiny wingull, i didnt have any pokeballs at the time so unfortunately i couldnt catch it

FireShock

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    The first time I found a shiny was Firered but, it wasn't my file it was a friend's game and I was just messing around then out of nowhere a shiny Zubat showed up.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    I have shiny Camerupt, which I captured as Numel in Sapphire. I already had a Numel, but when I saw shiny one, I just had to catch it.

Years
    a shiny wingull, a female one, i managed to catch it but for nothing since i don't like female pokemon and wingull is kind of a bad species

nui876

I like hacks
    Years
    I have never found a shiny before, but my friend found a shiny ludicolo in his emerald and he let me migrate it to my platinum

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I have never found a shiny before, but my friend found a shiny ludicolo in his emerald and he let me migrate it to my platinum

As far as I know, you can't capture a Ludiculo. Only a Lotad and a Lombre.
    The first I ever saw was a Shiny Nincada. I caught it and now its a Ninjask I don't want to turn it into a Shedinja. :3

brookeeex

Cookie Nibbler
    Years
    I'm still looking for my first shiny.
    On my Emerald version that I got from ebay two days ago, the person that I got it from left their file on there and I found a shiny Tentacruel and Psyduck in the PC :D

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years

As far as I know, you can't capture a Ludiculo. Only a Lotad and a Lombre.
    The first I ever saw was a Shiny Nincada. I caught it and now its a Ninjask I don't want to turn it into a Shedinja. :3

Ninjask doesn't evolve into Shedinja. You need an empty space in your party when Nincada evolves, and as well as the resulting Ninjask, a Shedinja will appear in your party too.

As for me, I caught a Shiny Onix in Victory Road while playing a friend's FireRed, transferred it over to my Pearl and traded it away not long after I signed up here (which i regret). I caught a Shiny Zigzagoon in my Ruby a few weeks ago though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I had a shiny Oddish in Ruby a long time ago. I had a shiny Geodude too I think :O And perhaps one more. Strange. That's the almost-only game I've had shinies in and I had several of them. Weird.

I was too dumb to realize how cool they were and didn't use them though XD

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Shiny Seaking.

It was a majestic beast, the many many golden fins rose out of the lake, dripping with water as it faced me in battle. I threw rocks, and I threw bait. It was a fantastic battle, but I finally managed to capture the king of the water in a Safari Ball.

The end.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Ninjask doesn't evolve into Shedinja. You need an empty space in your party when Nincada evolves, and as well as the resulting Ninjask, a Shedinja will appear in your party too.

I know that. That's the reason I don't want a Shedinja, and besides it has 1 HP. XDD
    Today, I found my first shiny in FR. It was my starter, Charmy!

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I bought a used copy of Sapphire a few weeks back, and was planning to use a Flygon. Imagine my surprise when I happened to run across a shiny Trapinch...

He's a Flygon right now, which reminds me, I really need to beat the Elite Four on Sapphire. (and Emerald, and FireRed...)

Back