• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I found a cute greenish Kingler not too long ago! (Am I weird for thinkig that they are cute? o.o )
    AND I found a shiny Ralts in Emerald, shiny Dusclops in Ruby, and a shiny Feebas in Saphire. Now it is a shiny Gardevoir and Milotic!
    <3

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I saw 7 shiny Pokemon in my whole,entire gaming Pokemon career.
    SR'd Kecleon(Emerald)
    Shiny Poocheyena(Emerald)
    Shiny Tentacool(Emerald)
    Shiny Poliwag(Fire Red)
    Shiny Geodude(Red)
    Shiny Starly(Diamond)
    SR'd Chimchar(Diamond)

I guess its by luck...

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
    Well, In LeafGreen.. I don't quite remember but I think my first one was a .. Shiny Pikachu.
    and..
    I got my shiny Mewtwo. =D

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    Lemme See...
    Leaf Green: I came across a Shiny Oynx in Victory Road. Caught it, got out of Victory Road, saved and the file corrupted to the point just before. So I lost it.

I came across a Shiny Pidgey as well on Three Island I think. Had ONE Ultra Ball left, caught it
    I came across a Shiny Ditto while looking for Suicine of a friends Fire Red. We lost it

In D/P I've found a Rattata and Pachirisu shiny by Pokeradin'.
    Plus the Shiny Gyrados. So...6 in total, 3 of which i caught. One of which I can't find (I can't find my LG) so I'm stuck with 2. Interestingly, never found one on my Sapphire, on second playthrough now.

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
    Years
    My first shiny encounter was a shiny carvana, i didnt catch it becuase i didnt need a water type lol, my second and last was shiny charmander when i kept starting my game over and over again lol

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    Never ever found a shiny on my Sapphire, 2 copies of Ruby, 3 copies of FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald. Actually I have two copies of Diamond, and one Pearl and I haven't found on on them either.

The only legit shiny I have ever got was Gyarados from Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    I played emerald ALL the way through 4 times and never once got a shiny. I didn't even know shinies existed until I joined PC

But I did get a shiny noctowl once in Diamond with the pokeradar

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    the only two shinies i ever caught were the garydos from g/s/c and a ralts i caught yesterday in sapphire =D.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2009
    i've been playing pokemon sice RB were released, and i have never ever ecountered one.

Edit: Unless you count the shiny garydos in g/s/c

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    That's right! There was the gyarados in g/s/c. Funny; I have it right next to me, and yet I haven't played it in years. I really need to start playing it again.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Shiny Hariyama in Ruby(Whirlwinded me), and Shiny Registeel in Sapphire.
    I SRed for the Registeel, but it was still a random 1/8192 encounter anyways. My luck in 3rd gen games has been terribly sucky :c

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I have only ever found a shiny hoppit. Which was black and looked weird.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    In Emerald or it might of been Sapphire anyways In the safari zone I found a shiny oddish it was a darker greenish colour (look liked it was dieing) I tried to catch him but he got away oh well doesent matter it's just 1 little oddish .</p>
    I've got loads of shinys here is a list of them:
    -CHARIZARD -BLACK -FIRE RED
    -BLASTOSE -LIGHT BLUE GREEN SHELL -LEAF GREEN
    -GROUNDON -GOLDEN -EMERALD
    -KYORGE -PINK -RUBY
    -RAYQAUZA -BLACK -EMERALD
    -ARNOTH -CAN'T REMEMBER -EMERALD
    -LILEEP -CAN'T REMEMBER -EMERALD
    -DITTO -BLUE -EMERALD
    -MANY MORE...... -MORE MORE MORE!
    I caught those all, cool huh yeah well it took a long time.
    Starters I got at the begining of Fire Red and Leaf green.

bye bye

Last edited:
    Years
    I have :

A shiny Pikachu from FR which became part of my main team (I didn't even notice it was a shiny till my friend saw it as a Raichu...I really should've guessed what those stars meant).
    A shiny Psyduck from FR (blue Psyduck ftw)
    TWO shiny Oddish from FR (traded one)
    A shiny Growlithe from Pearl (I was SO happy about this)
    and a shiny Slowbro from a friend.
    I think I may have more, but that's all I can remember...

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
    Gamehacker64, it's kind of ironic that you've got more legit random encounter shinies than most people on here :D

First shiny I ever found was a pidgey on Silver.. before getting my first pokeballs.

In 3rd Gen I got
    Whismur in Ruby
    Magneton and Ghastly in Fire Red
    Bannette and Rayquaza in Emerald

The Magneton is now gone since I deleted the save file to start over.
    So far Sapphire and Pearl have not given me any shinies and apart from Rayquaza, my shinies don't look much different than the normal ones and have terrible natures.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    LOL THAT SUCKS. AHAH BEFORE FIRST POKEBALLS. (Above)

Only one in FR. I was training my newly evolved clefable and I thought "great another common spearow. Oh well, i'm about to level up" and then a little sparkle. Caught within a few seconds..

It's now in my Pokemon Ranch fluttering about as a fearow. The PokeRadar ignored me and didn't do it's job. Through GTS I got some hacked shnies. Shiny Swampert over different forums + Shiny charizard. Kinda funny how I got the charizard.

I was uberly bored and I hated my weak charizard, so I traded it over wi-fi and wanted a level 50+. I come back, level 50 shiny charizard. gwah gwah gwah!11!

Years
    I have encountered a few shinies

1st one was Pokemon Gold version; Zubat
    2nd Pokemon Ruby; Wurmple
    3rd Pokemon Ruby; Whishmur
    4th Pokemon Ruby; Numel

Back