• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Asday

PokéFreak. Nuff said.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    I don't have friends, so I've seen as many shinies as I've caught.

A Zubat on FireRed. Not evolving, gonna get one of each pokémon, shiny and normal. Ain't going well, so far. Kinda hampered by the huge unpopularity of pokémon over here, and aforementioned lack of friends, but I'll get by.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    i remember seeing 4 shiny pokemon(excluding gyarados in gold).

1:ruby
    I was playing my brothers ruby and i encountered a shiny wurmple.
    I was excited, so i caught it.

2:ruby(same one)
    I was searching the route with the day care for half an hour for a volbeat, when a shiny roselia just popped up on me.

3:firered(rom)
    I was searching for a larvitar in sevault canyon when a shiny marowak revealed itself.I caught it because it was glorious in its lizard green skin.

4:firered
    My friend was playing his Firered when he came upon a shiny tentacool.
    sadly, he had no pokeballs so i got really angry at him.

Thats about all. I had more, but they were on hacks.
    I'll post when i have more shinies.

Years
    The very first shiny I encountered was a purple Wurmple (lol)in Sapphire. Unfortunately the batteries were dieing so at the time I had started a temporary file until the batteries died and was battling pokemon before my battle with Ruby/Brandon. I had to kill it.

After that, I caught a shiny Zangoose. I also have a Shiny Onyx that I got on DP from a trade. I also have a shiny Crobat from a Zubat. I actually have 2 if you count the one on my XP game. But that one is green and not black for some strange reason.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    The only shiny I have ever seen was a Tentacool. I caught it and now it's a shiny Tentacruel at a level somewhere above 40. (I found him in my ruby version)

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    The only shiny I ever caught was a medicham in victory road on ruby..........
    wish I had a shiny kyogre.......

Annuhh5

White and nerdy.
    Years
    I've had a few but m most recent one was a few days ago, I caught a shiny Zigzagoon
    :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2008
    ive seen a shiny zubat in gold. it wasnt great but still caught it.

and red garydos lol. part of the plot

and most weird of all is... ive train a trapinch, when it evolve it turn into a shiny vibrava, but then when it evolve to flygon it return back normal

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I saw a shiny Ekans once and caught it, thought it was in Silver version. I don't remember seeing a shiny pokémon in the GBA versions. I guess I was just unlucky. *shrugs*

Ehwick

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
    About 20 minutes ago I caught a shiny Abra while searching for my Latios I used my Masterball and now catching Latios will be alot harder.... but hey I love Abras..

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    I have seen and captured a shiny Chansey, a shiny Fearow, and a shiny Horsea (it's a Seadra now).

+Golden Weavile+

Ev Trainer / Iv Breeder
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 16, 2010
    My First Shiny Encounter Was A Rayquaza
    Unfortunetly Back then i thought it was a bad glitch so i restarted my game
    (IM SO RETARDED!!)

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I didn't get any Shinies

I didn't get any Shinies because I didn't played for hundreds of hours

Lith

Go, Missingno! Use- WTF BOOOOM
    Years
    Ive had a large share of shinys in my games...
    In D/P/Pt Ive used other means....chaining and such...
    In Emerald 2 (I have 2,see?) I have about 5 shinys...
    From the top of my head they are...Luvdisc (Orange), Gyradose (Red), oddish (Fully green) and....hmm...

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
    My very first shiny was Caterpie in pokemon gold I Fainted it by accident
    Then In ruby I saw a shiny shroomish but killed it by accident
    In Leafgreen I saw a shiny Rattata, I caught it and evolved it to a Raticate
    In emerald I saw a shiny Smeargle and caught it and a shiny Seviper but it was in THE BATTLE PYRAMID!!! I was SOOO SAD!!!
    And Ive yet to see one in diamond.

Back