• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    Have you ever saw a shiny pokemon and what was it?

I saw a shiny paras in mt moon on Leaf green, not the best of pokemon to be shiny but i caught it anyway.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    For 50 times I played Pokemon, I never saw a shiny pokemon but when I was looking for a Staryu in Emerald at Lilycove shore, A shiny Wailmer appeared!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I was really unlucky. In the Battle Pike in Emerald, I went through a wrong door and it was a room with wild pokemon. In the Pike, you can't catch pokemon, so what did I encounter? A shiny Dusclops

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    My first shiny pokemon was a Spheal in Ruby, I didn't even realise it was shiny I just thought it was cute so I caught it.

Go my now Stallrein (evolved on D/P so it has Ice Body)

That same file (Ruby) I also got a shiny Wingull

Totod!le

« SUCCESS
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    The only random encounter shiny I ever found on R/S/E/FR/LG was an Exeggcute on LG when I was looking for a Kangaskhan.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Oh gosh I probably caught at least 4 shinies in firered or leafgreen and like 3 of them in sapphire version and 1 in emerald. I guess i'm lucky expecially with my shiny charmander! XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    The only shiny i ever saw was in Emerald in meteor falls, a shiny zubat, I would have caught it, but i hate zubat and his evos, even shiny ones.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Have you ever saw a shiny pokemon and what was it?

I saw a shiny paras in mt moon on Leaf green, not the best of pokemon to be shiny but i caught it anyway.

I've encountered two shiny Pokemon in my Advance Generation games; the first being a Zubat in a tunnel in my Firered version. Naturally, I was devastated to find out I had no Poke Balls left. The second time I ran into a shiny Pokemon was in my Leafgreen version. I was fishing for a Krabby up where you used to be able to find Missingno. with the Blue and Red versions and I started battling a silver Staryu. Thankfully, I caught the shiny that time and it now resides in my Diamond version.

Years
    I was really unlucky. In the Battle Pike in Emerald, I went through a wrong door and it was a room with wild pokemon. In the Pike, you can't catch pokemon, so what did I encounter? A shiny Dusclops
    Ouch, thats got to sucks. A while ago I caught a shiny Sandshrew on my Sapphire version.

Lee Jin Tyz

TWIZZLE TYZ my nick is live
    Years
    ha all of you are lucky i have never seen a shiny pokemon im my entire life of pokemon gaming. its just my unfortuante luck

MM_Zero

Resurrected warrior
    Years
    In firered, I found a shiny ponyta on my way back from catching moltres, which is now a rapidash in my pearl. I also saw a shiny shellder in crystal while training through fishing, but my only ultra ball failed >=(.

Ramengan

16-foot Poliwag
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2011
    In FR, I caught a shiny Rattata really early in the game. I've insisted that it remain on my main team simply because of that. :D
    My friend recently caught a shiny Pidgey in his FR.

All of the other shinies I've found are in Gold, but eh.

Shinies are pretty much the reason I always stock up on ridiculous amounts of Pokeballs, no matter where I am in the game.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I've seen afew in my time; I've seen: Manetric, Sharpedo, Tailow, Butterfree & Cascoon

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    I just found a shiny shuppet a few minutes ago, it used curse and killed itself, i was so mad...

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    I found 3.

Sapphire . Oddish -_-

leafgreen. Pigey -_-

Ruby . wingul :)

Why whenever i find shineys its always the weak ones.

Back