• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SHINY SHINY SHINY

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
Years
  • I encountered my first shiny Pokemon yesterday!!! It was a shiny Golbat, and I caught it with a repeat ball in Emerald. I was so happy!!! :)

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • I've not been lucky with shinies...

My first one was on Silver! I was fishing by Cianwood city and found a purple Krabby. Unfortunately, I made it faint. I even accidentally overdid the Red Gyrados.

Second one was a while back, actually. I found a gold Onix in the Safari Zone in SS, but it ran away.

I guess I've only been able to find shinies in the Silver games.

Actually, I just rememberd that I found a shiny Oddish in one of the hacks that I downloaded here. I'm pretty sure it was Rijon Adventures. Anyway, I was able to catch that one. :D

Last edited:

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I can't remember if I found any legit ones in Gen II, but I remember all the ones I've seen after that (and actually caught all of them and still have them). For the record I'm too lazy to actually chain or whatever else, so I suppose I was just really lucky X3

First was an Oddish on FireRed back in its heyday, which has since been moved around between most of my games. It's a Vileplume now, of course, though I've never used it.

Next was an Aron in Emerald that I found last year. She's since become a powerhouse Aggron on that game's team, and will eventually come with them to my Gen IV games when I decide to restart Emerald again.

The last one I've seen/caught was a Dugtrio on Platinum last year as well. Not sure if I'll ever use it, but I do like the blue noses X3

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
  • hm.... let me see what i can come up with

Gyarados - Silver, Obvious, captured
    Graveler - Silver, it exploded, did not catch
    Igglybuff - Crystal, Egg Hatched
    Cleffa - Crystal, Egg Hatched
    Torchic, Ruby, Starter, Game Lost
    Wingull - Ruby, Caught
    Spearow - Leaf Green, Caught, now a Fearow
    Zigzagoon - Ruby, Caught, now a linoone
    Venonat - Leaf Green, Caught, data accidentally erased :(
    Magnemite - Leaf Green, caught
    Sneasel - Pearl, Caught
    Bidoof - Pearl, Caught, now on Pokemon Ranch
    Fearow - Pearl, Caught
    Onix - Pearl, obtained from GTS (wanted one after my friend caught and evolved his Shiny Onix)
    Geodude - Pearl, obtained from GTS, now a golem
    Zigzagoon - Pearl, obtained from GTS
    Charizard - Pearl, obtained from GTS, traded away
    Ditto - Pearl, obtained from GTS, traded away
    Palkia - Pearl, obtained from GTS
    Charmander - Pearl, obtained from GTS
    Pelipper - Pearl, traded from friends Diamond
    Gyarados - Pearl, traded from friends Diamond
    Gyarados - Soul Silver, obvious, caught

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Dusclops - Pokémon Ruby. I think I found it in Spear Pillar (or... whatever place you get Rayquaza in. Do you even find Pokémon there? idk). I caught it and then boxed it. I haven't used it, ever. I do kind of want to evolve it into Dusknoir and possibly use it sometime, though. :s

Mightyena - Pokémon Emerald. I found it in the route directly East of um... Fallarbor Town? The flying gym town, I don't remember any city names in RSE. @_@ Anyway, it used Roar. I didn't catch it. /sob.

Pichu - Pokémon Diamond. Haha, it's the Gamestop one. It's legit so it totally counts. (Not that I got it from Gamestop. 8/ I just downloaded the distribution ROM hahaha. orz.

I think that's it, since I'll assume all my incarnations of red Gyarados don't count. (Nor does the shiny Arceus my brother hacked and accidentally traded me, haha.)

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • I guess I can add a few more that I just ran into:

Pichu from event.
    "The Big Red Carp"
    and a Luxray. :D
    If I get a Lucario my life wll be complete.

-Okami

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • Ok not including the Gyrados

Gold: Beedrill ran out of park balls - cried :'(

Firered: Hatch a Charmander that i was going to migrate to my HG - migrated evoloved rotting in box

HG: Rattata walking down to Azela Town - rotting in box

and the event Pichu

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Apart from the Shiny Gyarados on Gold and ShinyGold, just a Shiny Nincada (which can evolve into two further seperated Shinies) that I caught on my Sapphire file one day randomly and it's now on my HeartGold file. I might train it on my unused SoulSilver file when I have the ability to trade between two DSs, not sure yet.

Last edited:

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
  • I've only encountered 4 shinies throughout the games, and I've generally had some bad luck with them.

-The first I saw was a shiny Teddiursa on my Pokemon Gold. I ended up getting a one-hit KO thanks to a critical hit, and I've seen very few Teddiursa (let alone shiny) since then.
    -The next one I found was a shiny Shroomish. This is the only one I've actually caught, but I didn't even realize it until a year or two later when I was cleaning out my boxes on Sapphire. I must have caught it just for the Pokedex, and never even realized it was shiny.
    -The third I encountered was a shiny Paras in the Safari Zone on Fire Red. I was fooling around and wanted to see if I could catch a Chansey with only 1 step and 1 Safari Ball left. With my luck, I ran into a shiny Paras, and I didn't want to risk it running away, so I threw my Safari Ball at it right away, with no luck.
    -The last one I found a few weeks later was when I was playing Fire Red on VBA. I was just randomly going through it when I was stopped by the old man who teaches you how to catch Pokemon. A Shiny Weedle appeared, and I was quite mad at the fact that I found a shiny on the VBA, and I wasn't able to even catch it!

Spoiler:

That´s something to LoL after a while right?

So i´ve had my share of shinys too:

First: It was a shiny Graveler i found on Crystal in victory road, ran outa ultra ballz :(
    Second:Shiny Golbat also at Crystal, in Mt. Mortar, i was looking for a dragon scale, caught and is today Crobat level 71
    Third:Electrike i found in Emerald in the route just on the right of Mawville City, y´know one of the routes you meet up with Steven, caught, today Manectrike
    Fourth: Pichu event on platinum ( Lol always wanted to have a shiny pikachu and now i can! )

Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2010
    all I have is my shiny weezing which i caught as a koffing in the burnt tower (heartgold) and when I played the original gold version i messed up my chance at getting a shiny voltorb

Years
  • lets see how good my memory is...
    i can remember seeing a shiny paras in gen 2, didnt catch it. i also caught a shiny kakuna, in gen 2, which evolved into beedrill
    in gen 3 i caught a shiny slugma, which i have since migrated and evolved into a margargo.
    not very interesting i know... but meh. like the great Meatloaf said, '2 outta 3 ain't bad'.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    found a Shiny Doduo in a Cystal rom i was playing on a mac.

Accidentally Apple+Q'ed when i tried to Apple+Tab

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • -The last one I found a few weeks later was when I was playing Fire Red on VBA. I was just randomly going through it when I was stopped by the old man who teaches you how to catch Pokemon. A Shiny Weedle appeared, and I was quite mad at the fact that I found a shiny on the VBA, and I wasn't able to even catch it!

Spoiler:

Wait, that's even possible??? Wow, you had some pretty bad luck mate.

Vnusaur

President of Sinnoh
    Years
  • Spearow - Crystal - Still have.
    Tailow - Emerald - Still have.
    Omastar - Platinum - A BATTLE GIRL HAD IT IN THE BATTLE ARCADE!!! GET HER!!!

Years
  • FR/LG - Swinub, Clefairy.
    G/S/C - Gyarados, Onix, Tentacruel.
    R/S/E - Tentacool, Wingull, Pelipper, Sableye.
    D/P/Pt - Tentacruel, Buneary, Magnemite.
    HG/SS - Tentacool, Gyarados, Snorlax.

Tentacool/Tentacruel really love me.

Last edited:
    Back