• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HoneyBubbles

walk this way
    Years
    I've never been a fan of rocketshipping. I just don't see romance between them. But on the other hand, I can't imagine Jessie or James dating anyone besides eachother. =\
    I support plenty of nevermets, but the justification is one you cannot fully negate: it's just as likely they /can/ meet off-screen and never say as much. There's nothing in the world barring them from potentially meeting one day. The only thing that needs to be crafted is how they would react to one another, if at all.
    Half the fun of nevermet shippings is imagining how they'll meet. I've started supporting a lot of them just because of a cute fanfic~ C:
    Besides, shipping isn't nearly as fun if only cannon pairings can be shipped.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    They'd better or else me and every single other rocketshippers gonna boycott pokemon.

I'm pretty sure no Shipping will ever be confirmed in the show.. I mean why would they? It's a kids show after all...I mean I don't like it but it's true. Collecting hints is funny, I guess we must live with that...I'm Rocketshipper, too and yeah I think it's the most possible but not because of the manga since the story is different.

I've never been a fan of rocketshipping. I just don't see romance between them. But on the other hand, I can't imagine Jessie or James dating anyone besides eachother. =\

Somehow I can understand that, too...but there were few (very few, I know) moments that could be considered nearly romantic (end of Holy Matrimony and Pokemon Chronicles...I know these are our favorite pros besides the manga -.-)
    Well, even if they don't end up together in the actual show (which I only care for because of Team Rocket xD). we still can write fanfics and read the manga.

Half the fun of nevermet shippings is imagining how they'll meet. I've started supporting a lot of them just because of a cute fanfic~ C:
    Besides, shipping isn't nearly as fun if only cannon pairings can be shipped
    :cer_nod:Same here. It's pretty funny to make up stuff like that. In a show that doesn't have a deep plot, imagination is half the fun. What would Pokemon be without fan-theories (even if some of these are more than unlikely to be true). Same goes for shippings. It's nice when you have one, you can actually list hints for (and look for it in the show) but made up ones can be the same fun . But: they are only interesting, if they are not out of character. They must fit.
    Some made up Shippings (or even Shippings of persons who have met) are so unlikely, it's nearly impossible for them to end up together. Then again, supporters tend to interpret everything the way it's needed for them to use it as a hint ;) .A great writer could still make an interesting fanfic with such a couple.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    They'd better or else me and every single other rocketshippers gonna boycott pokemon.

O_o...XD

I'm serious, that made me laugh so hard. XD

If Team Rocket got together in the anime, they would have to retire and go back to Kanto.

Without Team Rocket, there would be no antagonist and little kids would get bored.

Without little kids, Nintendo is nothing (I don't mean it in ANOTHER way -_-)

Yeah, you may as well Boycott Pokemon now while Jesse and James don't get brain damage and die from another blast-off.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    lol, looks like someone is obsessed over a ship where a majority of Pokemon fans don't care about.

HoneyBubbles said:
    Besides, shipping isn't nearly as fun if only cannon pairings can be shipped

How can that be? I find them more fun and interesting because it makes sense, and you won't have a twisted wtf look on your face if you read fanfics and the like...

...or maybe that's just me...

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    lol, looks like someone is obsessed over a ship where a majority of Pokemon fans don't care about

Me and my Caffeine-Free Java second that...I know it's not good for me, but I had 18 cups ;_;.

Just to say as well, I would certainly have a WTFace if Minnie Mouse and Pikachu laid and had yellow "Mickey Chu" in a fan-fic. o_o

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    lol, looks like someone is obsessed over a ship where a majority of Pokemon fans don't care about.

How can that be? I find them more fun and interesting because it makes sense, and you won't have a twisted wtf look on your face if you read fanfics and the like...

exactly. I agree that they need to make sense or ppl would just make up a bunch of crap like Gary * Mr. Ketchum

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    :cer_nod:Same here. It's pretty funny to make up stuff like that. In a show that doesn't have a deep plot, imagination is half the fun. What would Pokemon be without fan-theories (even if some of these are more than unlikely to be true). Same goes for shippings. It's nice when you have one, you can actually list hints for (and look for it in the show) but made up ones can be the same fun . But: they are only interesting, if they are not out of character. They must fit.
    Some made up Shippings (or even Shippings of persons who have met) are so unlikely, it's nearly impossible for them to end up together. Then again, supporters tend to interpret everything the way it's needed for them to use it as a hint ;) .A great writer could still make an interesting fanfic with such a couple.
    All it takes is coincidence...though it doesn't take any imagination to why those self-ships are more canon than any other (except the married ones). X)

But it's so much fun just trying to likely work through a scenario to get one of your favored couples together, while keeping them as IC as possible. THAT's one of the problems a lot of people make. They want, say, Paul and Zoey? They'll make Paul a romantic and Zoey a...well, girl.

That's why I hate Ikarishipping~

Besides, shipping isn't nearly as fun if only cannon pairings can be shipped.
    Word up. 8D I don't want to be constrained to five measely outcomes when there's so much in this world that can happen and can be. It's very exciting.

Actually, I once read this 'fic that had Brendan meeting Misty for a gym battle, and she leaves with him. Don't remember what the title was, but the couple is Neglectshipping. It was pretty cute. I'd support it.

Just you. I enjoy personally hating Pokeshipping (and Misty) and at the same time, writing them in a way that stays true to canon (Misty's feelings for Ash and Ash's lack of any for her) while putting them with other people. Still has that tiny crush she knows will never resolve as she happily dates Tracey/Todd/Sakura/Max/whoever. I'm chained to canon, but I don't have to abide by a future that doesn't exist, nor do I have to follow any guidelines when I just don't like it. You should never deny what makes a character what they are, and it's ten times more rewarding when you can keep them truly IC and still say, "Skrew u!" when you lay out your own chemistry. Yup.

does anyone else thing Rocketshipping is sweet besides me?? O.o
    D: Never liked it in the first place. They're better friends than lovers. And they're better jokes than friends.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021

It can be fun ^^ I'm not much of a shipper, and I don't really ship non-canon ships...but I can see why people how people would find it fun, I suppose mostly in fan-fic. Although, I don't like reading fan-fic, either...but I can see why people would like to. Like I think Dawn and Paul would be interesting haha

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Just to say as well, I would certainly have a WTFace if Minnie Mouse and Pikachu laid and had yellow "Mickey Chu" in a fan-fic. o_o

You sir, are certainly the creater of all these wtf scenarios. Props to you. :P

Wow Frostik. For once I can't think of anything against that. I concede.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    You sir, are certainly the creater of all these wtf scenarios. Props to you. :P

Wow Frostik. For once I can't think of anything against that. I concede.

None of them are WTF until I say they are WTF. I never said that was a WTF scenario. I only said I would have a WTFace if that where to happen.

A true WTF scenario would be Ash and Latia to me. Pikachu and Minnie Mouse at least have a Genus in common @~@.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    All it takes is coincidence...though it doesn't take any imagination to why those self-ships are more canon than any other (except the married ones). X)

Do you think so? You need imagination for finding this ships and to imagine how they could meet. But yeah, it takes concidence, too, because one needs to defend this shippings more;)

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Erm... Ok. First of all. Coincidence my Butt. Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous. And of course, there is only Arceus.

Just think, has the fandom's cry been heard by Nintendo? Barely at all. Pokeshippers got thrown to the dump, Advanceshipper got testepunched, Altoshippers got headshot, and Pearlshippers are hoping for the best.

Yeah...Does anyone see a pattern? The day Nintendo depends on our cries I will be listening to The Jonas Brothers.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Erm... Ok. First of all. Coincidence my Butt. Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous. And of course, there is only Arceus.

Just think, has the fandom's cry been heard by Nintendo? Barely at all. Pokeshippers got thrown to the dump, Advanceshipper got testepunched, Altoshippers got headshot, and Pearlshippers are hoping for the best.

Yeah...Does anyone see a pattern? The day Nintendo depends on our cries I will be listening to The Jonas Brothers.

so true... and yet so sad

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Or, it's that the writers live in Japan and can't understand English. lol. I doubt they're going to be roaming English forums for plot ideas XD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    ΩGodotΩ said:
    What?

Anyway, I like these nevermet shippings. That's why I'm pairing Hikari and Suzumi.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Ah, you know I'm just messin' around with you, Advanced.

Jorah said:
    I doubt they're going to be roaming English forums for plot ideas

And I'd never think they'd want to.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ah, you know I'm just messin' around with you, Advanced.

>:|...I killed AdvancedK9. I am ΩGodotΩ now!

And hey, if the Japanese DO wander around in American forums, they will probably be so scarred at us, they woudn't export episodes anymore.

Then they would make all sorts of stereotypes. Like Texans eating Jalapenos every other minute.

Also Sammy, do you need an explaination on what I mean? :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back