• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    ContestShipping's my fave in the anime.
    Then PokeShipping...
    Then PenguinShipping...
    Then...uh...heh, there aren't alotta shippings in the anime that I support, not many of them are very...solid.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    ContestShipping's my fave in the anime.
    Then PokeShipping...
    Then PenguinShipping...
    Then...uh...heh, there aren't alotta shippings in the anime that I support, not many of them are very...solid.

Yeah, the Pokemon fandom seems to like making up loads of names for ships even though there aren't many canon or even hints for many ships haha.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I personally think there are too many shippings. The ones like Zoey x Paul are unnessasary because they've never even met! I mean, come on.

Years
    I agree completly 100%. Those which are pointless shouldnt exist

But people make them anwayz.
    Some of them are kinda...creepy.

There are these kinda wierd shippings like...
    YEAHGOCRASHERWAKEShipping - Crasher Wake X Himself
    At least they've met...
    I remember this was on this site that had a huge list of shippings.
    People these days...

I think it doesn't make sense to pair up characters that haven't met too.

HoneyBubbles

walk this way
    Years
    YEAHGOCRASHERWAKEShipping is sexy. :<

I loove crack shippings. Including ones between characters that haven't met. They're fun.
    But there are a few that I can't stand. For example, I hate couples that are made just so no character ends up alone. A bunch of fans seem to be convinced that every character must have a pair, and that's a little annoying.

Years
    YEAHGOCHRASERWAKEShipping is the closest thing to canon in the show.
    Pikashipping is the second closest though. Ash is such a freak.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Who would name their child "Lesbian"? o.O Is Yuri a common name in Japan?
    "yuri" as a term means "lesbianism". Like "sappho" is synonymous with being a lesbian. Yuri means lily, and the word is a cover blanket for the term lesbianisn. It's doesn't translate into "lesbianism".

HoneyBubbles said:
    I loove crack shippings. Including ones between characters that haven't met. They're fun.
    But there are a few that I can't stand. For example, I hate couples that are made just so no character ends up alone. A bunch of fans seem to be convinced that every character must have a pair, and that's a little annoying.
    I agree. However, for all those against nevermets, this isn't directly related. Some people do like the idea of the couples for what they are, and aren't scapegoat pairings meant to "pair everyone off" (which I wholely agree with: don't pair people off in 'fic just for the sake of making them have someone).

I support plenty of nevermets, but the justification is one you cannot fully negate: it's just as likely they /can/ meet off-screen and never say as much. There's nothing in the world barring them from potentially meeting one day. The only thing that needs to be crafted is how they would react to one another, if at all.

And I believe you guys aren't ones to judge what should and shouldn't exist in a fandom that goes far past this one forum. It's not like any of you are in control of what gets on that list or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back