• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Like was said, Tracey actually visits Misty. Ash doesn't. Ash can't be bothered. He's too busy trying to be a master and being thick. Plus the only person for Ash is Gary :3

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I never thought I'd see a Palletshipper saying that. Quickly children! Take a picture of this once-in-a-lifetime sight! :P

I don't understand Palletshipping, and I will repeat once again that coming to think of it:

I don't even get why there are supporters of homosexual shippings if the chances of them happening here are lower than getting struck by lightning while being run over by a Hummer with a Harley on it and a Barbie Sticker.

I seek first to understand then be understood. Big time.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Well really, if you want to come to it. the chance of there being any type of shipping is close to zero. Might as well support one you like eh?
    And I think that Palletshipping is more cannon than Poke, though, both will never happen.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    No, that's just stupid. I highly doubt Pokemon will evolve naturally just by falling in love with another Pokemon of an evolved form.

Bulbasaur is capable of evolution, it simply refuses it. But Venusaur might give him a good enough reason. Maybe he might think she sees him as weak or childish? I dunno, but we don't really know much about Bulbasaur's personality so it's hard to find a specific motivation, though I'm sure it's not too farfetched.

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
    Years
    I don't even get why there are supporters of homosexual shippings if the chances of them happening here are lower than getting struck by lightning while being run over by a Hummer with a Harley on it and a Barbie Sticker.
    Well then, give me a number, AK9! What are the odds of each scenario being true? I can't and will not (dis)prove it until then.

And seriously, I'm confused with your fronts these days. Can you explain them for us, please?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Dunno, my history teacher told me the odds of that were higher than Jackpotting Texas Megamillions.

I was just making exaggerative common sense, since It is extremely unlikely for the writers to even HINT a Homosexual shipping in the Anime. Seriously...

shedinjask

Years
    It's also unlikely we'll ever see any minor characters or gym leaders ever again but that doesn't stop us from shipping them.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I know right? Well, Since people can't handle homosexual pairings, the only straight shipping I see working for Ash is Pearlshipping.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Until I actually see a canon homosexual pairing on the show, I'll say it won't work. At least there are actual straight, canon pairings.

Years
    I like:

Rocketshipping (Jessie x James)
    Diamondshipping (Giovanni x Delia)
    Steelshipping (Bashou x Buson)
    Commandshipping (Giovanni x Domino)

Team Rocket has the best ships :D

Well really, if you want to come to it. the chance of there being any type of shipping is close to zero.
    I concur. I doubt any pairings will ever become canon in the anime. The majority of Pokemon's viewers are children under the age of eight. Generally, little kids dislike romance. If any serious romance did occur in the series, many kids would be put off by it.

However, I do think Pokemon has hinted at some pairings in the past, but only for the sake of fan service. I doubt the writers are going to make any of these ships canon. They just put in hints for them to please the show's older fans who do ship.

Amane said:
    So what do you think of Orangeshipping?
    I do not mind it. Their personalities actually go well together. I think they would make a good couple.

Amane said:
    Well on that. I think you may be wrong. There are way more hints of Palletshipping than there ever were of Pokeshipping.
    I do not like Palletshipping, but it has always seemed more logical to me than Pokeshipping. It actually has mutual hints in the show, whereas Pokeshipping is one-sided.

shedinjask

Years
    Not with Ash or other main characters. Children understand that people get married. They would not like a television show with one of the focuses being romance, though. They sort of did that with May and Drew and that was most likely fanservice.

Steelshipping again! I absolutely love it. I have some awesome fanart somewhere, I'll have to show you.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Diamondshipping!!! OMG I LOVE IT. I think it is amazing. And what you said about the canon thing is what I ment with less words and more typos. XD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    What's Steelshipping?

Diamondshipping wotld be great for drama XD.

I'll choose Egoshipping. Not going to happen, but great fanfics.

shedinjask

Years
    Creepy? No.

Better teamwork than Ash and Pikachu? Maybe. They've never actually met them, they were in a Chronicles ep.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back