• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
Years
  • *pops out of nowhere*
    I'm back aswell, XD
    (And not so Advanceshippy anymore) LOL! I LIED!!

SeedDeshoShipping: FTW! I like Poke/Human Ships now for some reason...

Ikarishipping: What is that, Dawn - Paul, or Dawn - Gary? I might support this...

All for now!

~cpuDuDe08~

Last edited:
    Years
  • Curtainshipping? No clue, my bloody filters are acting up AGAIN, so I STILL can't check the list... I'll need to know who before i can decide.

let's see... SeedDeshoShipping, anyone? (Btw, That's Ash/Shaymin. 11th movie. My friend was lucky enough to be on holiday in japan the week it premiered, and he got me hooked on this one.)

Curtainshipping is the pairing of Reiji (or Reggie or whatever his dub name is) and the Veilstone Gym Leader Sumomo (Maylene).

SeedDeshoshipping? Nah. I'm not a fan of Poke/Human ships. ^^;

Ikarishipping: What is that, Dawn - Paul, or Dawn - Gary? I might support this...

Ikarishipping is Paul/Dawn. ^^

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • SeedDeshoshipping Commander? Don't support yoai but support beastality? *confused*

Anyways... no.

Funny how people come out of nowhere....

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • Human/Pokemon isn't like human/animal, more like human/alien(or other sentient species).

Diamond/Pearl is Clingyshipping and it's great.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    *pops out of nowhere*
    I'm back aswell, XD
    (And not so Advanceshippy anymore)

SeedDeshoShipping: FTW! I like Poke/Human Ships now for some reason...

All for now!

~cpuDuDe08~

Welcome Back. Also, it's Dawn-Paul.

Oh... Not so shippy anymore? Well HELLO, here's your welcome back gift >:(

Attachments

• Shipping Debates
      betrayal.jpg
      44 KB · Views: 18

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • SeedDeshoshipping Commander? Don't support yoai but support beastality? *confused*

Anyways... no.

Funny how people come out of nowhere....

first off... it's spelled "bestiality." Secondly, yes, I do. Because, in case you don't know, humanity bores me. I've never been much one for widely-supported shippings, I hate being like everyone else. It's why I abandoned contestshipping. There's your answer.

Curtainshipping is the pairing of Reiji (or Reggie or whatever his dub name is) and the Veilstone Gym Leader Sumomo (Maylene).

SeedDeshoshipping? Nah. I'm not a fan of Poke/Human ships. ^^;

Fair enough. As for Curtainshipping, it's not disturbing like SOME PEOPLE'S IDEAS OF WHAT'S GOOD (Skitty/Wailord would NEVER work, I don't give a hoot about game mechanics. Wailord would rip the poor skitty apart just trying to.... yeah.), but it just sounds, like i said above, boring.

Human/Pokemon isn't like human/animal, more like human/alien(or other sentient species).

Diamond/Pearl is Clingyshipping and it's great.

Lol, I compare it to Aragon/Arwen. Human/Elf. same deal, though.

on a second note, in the words of my brother... "Yeah... do me a favor and find me a ball of steel wool and some soap. I need to scrub my brain to clear out some of this junk...."

let's see... what other fronts do I have to operate from?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Commander_Latios said:
    Curtainshipping? No clue, my bloody filters are acting up AGAIN, so I STILL can't check the list... I'll need to know who before i can decide.

Welcome back. What browser are you using that it's blocking filters (I feel like we had this discussion before)?

cpuDuDe08, hey I remember you! You're the one who brought up so much "fact" on Advanceshipping in the past, and someone rebuked most of them, in favor of Contest. Not so Advanced anymore, huh?

Commander_Latios

Years
  • Welcome back. What browser are you using that it's blocking filters (I feel like we had this discussion before)?

I think we did. It's not my browser, it's the software itself. My antispyware comes with internet filters, only problem is, I don't know the override code. (My father thinks I can't be trusted with It. Yes I live in my parents' house. I'm only fifteen...) And I haven't yet hacked it. They went haywire recently and Dad's been too busy to fix it.

but that's not on-topic, so... subject change no jutsu!

sorry, naruto moment over.

Let's all just get back to arguing fruitlessly over why Human/Poke ships pwn you all.

Like I said before, I find Human/Human too boring (and, because M/M or F/F ships are just as hyped as a lot of M/F ones, they count as boring in addition to already being against my personal tastes), so I tend to spice it up with Human/Pokemon ships. And, of course, I've gotten hatemail for it. (Nobody on here, I don't think...) because "OMG you sick pervert you like bestiality!!!!"

I will repeat: IT IS NOT. Because, they're NOT animals.

Again, the Aragorn/Arwen pairing. By that rule, it must be sick and wrong, because He's a human and she ISN'T. but NOBODY here complains about that.

get the point yet? good. you darn well better.

Years
  • Just to get things straight, canon ships are romantic relationships that have actually received confirmation. If the characters being paired together are not a couple or they do not state they are in love with each other, the ship is not canon. That said, the only canon ships from Pokemon are minor character ships such as Norman x Caroline and Potter x Florinda. We know that the characters involved in those pairings love each other, so they are canon.

Pokemon does not have any canon ships involving Ash or any other main characters. If any main character ships were canon, a lot of kids would grow bored with the show because one of its main focuses would be romance. Granted, there are some kids who like romance, but the majority are not into it. If Pokemon was a show with any canon main character ships, most children would not want to watch it, since they would not like seeing mushy stuff on a regular basis.

When it comes to Pokemon, there are main character ships that are hinted at, but only for the sake of fanservice. The writers have no intention of making any of them canon.

If anyone wants to know what ships I like, they are:

Giovanni x Cassidy: Currently my favorite ship. Recently, I even wrote a fanfiction for it (I will not post it due to the fact that it is rather sexual) XD

They go great with one another. In Showdown at the Oak Corral!, Cassidy stated that since she was a little girl, she has dreamed of being a queen. I can see her taking a liking in Giovanni due to the fact that he is a wealthy and powerful man who could make her the queen she has always wanted to be. And Giovanni? The man is a player. There is no way he is going to pass up an attractive woman like Cassidy.

Jessie x James: If it were not for all of their unsuccessful attempts to capture Pikachu, Jessie and James could have become a couple. This is most evident in Training Daze. That episode truly shows how close and compatible they use to be. In the original series (Kanto, the Orange Islands, and Johto), a relationship between them still could have worked, since they were still close and their personalities continued to go well with one another. However, since AG, Jessie has been portrayed as being someone bordering on being insane and James has been shown as being terrified of her. I think Rocketshipping could still potentially work out if they stopped chasing after Pikachu and came out successful in another line of work. Success would do wonders for Jessie's mental health. If that were to occur, I am sure the spark that use to exist between Jessie and James would be re-ignited. I wish it would. I miss the Rocketshippy hints that use to exist in the show.

Giovanni x Delia: I find this ship interesting. If Giovanni and Delia had a relationship in the past, it was surely a turbulent one filled with angst. Being big on dark romances, I naturally love it.

Giovanni x Domino: It is clear that Domino is closer to Giovanni than just her rank would allow. Why else would she be allowed to talk back to him? And Giovanni? I cannot see him not going for Domino. He has a real eye for women.

Bashou x Buson: These two would make a good couple. Their personalities compliment one another and they share great chemistry.

Off-topic: I love those Steelshipping fanarts you posted, shedinjask. They are cute :)

Meowth x Butch: The only Pokemon x Human ship I support. They would make an awesome team. Together, they could help each other formulate intelligent schemes. I am certain that they would be really successful in carrying out crimes. Furthermore, their personalities are compatible with one another. Meowth is snippy and always wants to be on top while Butch is a relatively easy going and mellow guy. Overall, I think they would be happy together.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Just to get things straight, canon ships are romantic relationships that have actually received confirmation. If the characters being paired together are not a couple or they do not state they are in love with each other, the ship is not canon. That said, the only canon ships from Pokemon are minor character ships such as Norman x Caroline and Potter x Florinda. We know that the characters involved in those pairings love each other, so they are canon.
    True, very true indeed.

Pokemon does not have any canon ships involving Ash or any other main characters. If any main character ships were canon, a lot of kids would grow bored with the show because one of its main focuses would be romance. Granted, there are some kids who like romance, but the majority are not into it. If Pokemon was a show with any canon main character ships, most children would not want to watch it, since they would not like seeing mushy stuff on a regular basis.

When it comes to Pokemon, there are main character ships that are hinted at, but only for the sake of fanservice. The writers have no intention of making any of them canon.

<snippity snip snip>

They could always have romance as a third plot but I would agree with the kids(If that's what they really think.). I wouldn't want shippings in Pokémon.

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
    Years
  • Granted, there are some kids who like romance,

*Raises Hand* That would be me. (Cept' now I'm a Teen =D)

And, *ahem* this poll, here on Pokecomm, Shows that KIDS Don't even watch the anime, of course thats a Online Poll, however, I know alot of kids, and not alot of the watch the anime either. [/rant]

(Beware, My Advanceshipping side is *slowly* coming back!)

So lets talk about Altoshipping... The only (Somewhat) Official ship *kindof*

Hint:
    Shipping Debates

Yes. The big one, this is Latias and not Bianca due to:
    1. Eye color is GOLD
    2. She's not wearing a hat. (Which Bianca was is a Previous scene.)
    3. She didn't talk, when she should of, and Latias never talks in her Bianca form.

and please, any other Altoshippers out there, feel free to add on.

~cpuDuDe08~

shedinjask

Years
  • Rofl Pikachu looks so happy.

Yay, that makes four fans of Steelshipping in this thread! I don't know where the other two went but still!

Commander_Latios

Years
  • So lets talk about Altoshipping... The only (Somewhat) Official ship *kindof*

Hint:
    Shipping Debates

Yes. The big one, this is Latias and not Bianca due to:
    1. Eye color is GOLD
    2. She's not wearing a hat. (Which Bianca was is a Previous scene.)
    3. She didn't talk, when she should of, and Latias never talks in her Bianca form.

and please, any other Altoshippers out there, feel free to add on.

~cpuDuDe08~

*evil demonic laughter of doom* YES! JOIN THE ALTOSHIPPING SIDE, WE HAVE MORE COOKIES THAN THE DARK SIDE!

Aye. and, to those who say that it could just be the light causing the gold-eyes, if you take a look at the two in a different light setting, latias' eyes are the same gold color, whereas bianca's are this green color (in the garden scene where she first walks up and sees Latias protecting Ash from Latios). Not to mention, Latias is the only one who really showed affection for Ash. I mean, Bianca ordered Latios to blast him into oblivion.

[sarcasm]Yeah, that's REALLY affectionate.[/sarcasm]

point is, frankly all the evidence points to latias. So, as a diehard Altoshipper with a shotgun, I say that all the naysayers just got royally owned.

shedinjask

Years
  • It may be the 'cutest' but there is no way it beats Staffshipping for best.

Brock doesn't really look jealous, just shocked.

Commander_Latios

Years
  • It may be the 'cutest' but there is no way it beats Staffshipping for best.

In your opnion. In a lot of our opinions, Altoshipping pwns the HELL out of staffshipping, pardon my french.

Brock doesn't really look jealous, just shocked.

Actually, he does, this clip just didn't capture that particular face. it's about 4 or 5 seconds later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back