• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shoddy Battle Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    beat aero 3-0 OU
    --

record: 5-7 (1-3 OU | 4-4 UU)

points | 1

other posts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

omg potential winning streak???

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Lost to Vrai OU gg.

Beat Syndrome OU gg. Nice t-bolts going on in that match lol.

I now I have 1 point! :D

badalcristiano

_,.-~;:*'`WINNING`'*:;~-.,_
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2012
    Wow this tournament just gets lamer every moment. I'm so dissapointed, especially considering dark azelf is an admin on shoddy.
    So we're having our match and I had to go afk so I told him and he quit. I assumed I won.
    Then earlier today, I was having a battle and Dark Azelf comes to watch the game. I tell him "Don't scout me" and here's the response I get: "We've already battled so it doesn't matter"
    which obviously means that even he assumed he quit the game until now when he reailized he needed a point or two to be at the top and couldn't get any battles so he pulls this BS.

CRAP. Absolute crap. Dissapointing.

Kanye West

but you can call me great
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    I am your god. Not only did I beat Dark_Azelf, I also won this tournament. You may award me with the best comments of all time award now.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Wow this tournament just gets lamer every moment. I'm so dissapointed, especially considering dark azelf is an admin on shoddy.
    So we're having our match and I had to go afk so I told him and he quit. I assumed I won.
    Then earlier today, I was having a battle and Dark Azelf comes to watch the game. I tell him "Don't scout me" and here's the response I get: "We've already battled so it doesn't matter"
    which obviously means that even he assumed he quit the game until now when he reailized he needed a point or two to be at the top and couldn't get any battles so he pulls this BS.

CRAP. Absolute crap. Dissapointing.
    Most people assume "gtg" means that you have to leave for hours, simple misunderstanding. Stating it as a win when he could have obviously mistaken that you were leaving was disappointing to me. It doesn't matter now though, since you weren't 3rd place or higher with those ~10 points.

Anyway, the first half of the tournament has now ended. I'll update the points to see who's the winners soon. :D

badalcristiano

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2012
    Wow this is sad. Really sad. I would've been at 10 points and since I just got a match done 5 min. ago, I would've tied for 3rd
    with 12.

beat postman
    beat flamesazer
    beat wataru
    I would've expected to get my points back after an admin/user like dark azelf cheating to get points
    And if dark azelf assumed that they won, then:
    a) they would've posted in the thread
    if they thought that the game wasn't done they wouldn't have messaged in the game saying that we'd already battled

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Wow this is sad. Really sad. I would've been at 10 points and since I just got a match done 5 min. ago, I would've tied for 3rd
    with 12.
    Opposite Day has 13 points after updating a win.

beat postman
    Postman never signed-up.

beat flamesazer
    beat wataru
    Who are these people?

I would've expected to get my points back after an admin/user like dark azelf cheating to get points
    if they thought that the game wasn't done they wouldn't have messaged in the game saying that we'd already battled
    This is for DA to respond to in my opinion.

Winners are Kanye West with 1st place, Dark Azelf with 2nd, and Spinosaurus with 3rd. Congrats! :3

badalcristiano

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2012
    I thought this would end monday USA time. :|
    btw Kanye, congrats for winning!
    And I didn't know you were Postman sorry!

now go snatch the trophy from Taylor Swift

Kanye West

but you can call me great
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    I should get two emblems. One with Suicune and one with Taylor Swift.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    OP said:
    On Monday, there will be another short round robin tournament, but with a twist: you have to swap OU teams with the opponent. Private message Jake♫ or I with your team so we can make sure that your team doesn't have any "bad" Pokémon such as Magikarp, and if the team has good enough synergy (so that the opponent doesn't receive a poor team).
    Read the first post guys. :(

It's starting now by the way, so you all can start PMing Jake or I your team if you want to participate. Remember that you don't have to sign-up again, and there will be no emblems for this unfortunately. However, if you didn't battle any in the last tournament, you can still receive the Eevee emblem by battling in this one.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I am your god. Not only did I beat Dark_Azelf, I also won this tournament. You may award me with the best comments of all time award now.

I should think you did win with 5 crits and 3 MM attack raises. -.- lol If you didn't win after all that id consider quitting irl.

Also if id of actually tried i think we know what would of happened but as i said after comm night like a week ago im semi retired anyway so w/e lol.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6070040#post6070040

I didn't notice you were trying to claim the win until after. -.-

G_G

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Read the first post guys. :(

It's starting now by the way, so you all can start PMing Jake or I your team if you want to participate. Remember that you don't have to sign-up again, and there will be no emblems for this unfortunately. However, if you didn't battle any in the last tournament, you can still receive the Eevee emblem by battling in this one.

Sorry that I can't read. :[

However I do have a question; how are we supposed to get our team to our opponent? Are we just going to have to PM it to them? Are you going to send out one mass PM with everyone's teams?

After thinking it out myself tbh I think that second option would be best; I mean we're going to know everyone's teams anyway, so sending it in a format like

Vrai's Team:
    Spoiler:

Wolflare's Team:
    Spoiler:

Jake's Team:
    Spoiler:

would be best, imo.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    i once beat d-a in pkmenos can i b ein nova league???????????????????????????

also ill send in my team in a second.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Really busy today, so I can't compete, but I just needed to put this in here:

Originally posted by Kanye West

Yo Dark_Azelf, I'm really happy for you with all of those tournament wins and ladder records and all, and imma let you finish, but I am now the best Pokemon battler of all time! OF ALL TIME!

Congrats Kanye!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    That was a failure. :( Well, the tournament has ended in Eastern time, and I doubt anyone else will battle for the next few hours. I'll force Aura to send the emblems out to everyone soon!

Oh, and thanks for joining! I really appreciated all the activity. :D

Also, if you participated and still didn't receive an emblem, feel free to tell me.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back