• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shortage?

Will there be a stock shortage?

• Total voters
Games part of major series usually have enough to supply the demand. Remember Halo 3 coming out. There were so many people who we're preordering it that all stores will stocked full of them so there was plenty. You could just go there on release day and pick up a copy without worry.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    When I preorded the games, there were a few people in front of me doing the same. I don't think there will be many extras when I go. When I was picking up Diamond and Pearl, there were so many people there. And it was like 8 in the morning. I was about 12 at the time, but what was really funny was at the counter there was a group of people in their 30s and 40s talking about the pokedex and the first generation pokemon. I thought that was hilarious, and I was wondering if a friend of mine was gonna be like that when we were gonna get older. I'm still wondering about that now...

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
    Depends where you live, I guess.

I don't see why you wouldn't just preorder if you know you're going to be getting a copy, though. It's not like there's a downside.
    When I preorded the games, there were a few people in front of me doing the same. I don't think there will be many extras when I go. When I was picking up Diamond and Pearl, there were so many people there. And it was like 8 in the morning. I was about 12 at the time, but what was really funny was at the counter there was a group of people in their 30s and 40s talking about the pokedex and the first generation pokemon. I thought that was hilarious, and I was wondering if a friend of mine was gonna be like that when we were gonna get older. I'm still wondering about that now...
    Man, I hope I'm like that. 8D

bluecat

just another day
    Years
    I don't think there will be shortage where I live, big city and all that. There may be a dip in smaller stores like Gamestop (I wonder how much of their stock is pre-orders and the rest floor copies?) but with so many other vendors out there like Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc. I don't think it'll be an issue.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    I preordered mine because I wanted the figurine. XB

But, I'm worried about lines too. I'm in a weird area because I live in a small town, but I'm within 15 minutes of a university town. So I don't know if that will mean more lines or less lines. :X

In any case, the best of luck to all of you in the acquisition of HG/SS. :D

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I pre-ordered mine, but will I get it the day it comes out?

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I pre-ordered.
    In the U of the K I have Game, Gamestation and a few shops like Tesco and Asda that'd sell it. But I wanted the figurine.
    And when I pre-ordered Platinum, I got it a day before the release (;

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    I remember when i reserved the original pokemon gold i msutve been like 8 or so and the shops were just CRAZY i reserved it at Toys R US and when my dad took me the tills were crowded with everyone getting gold and silver...everyone also got a free Gamester pouch thing which i still have ^^

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    Since Iorder my copy from Amazon.co.uk I know I'll get my SS. Curtis will rush down to GAME to see if they have copies of HG left..

Years
    I don't see how the Pokemon thing can be seriously widespread enough to have a shortage. Where I'm at, most places only sell a few Pokemon games a week. I can only assume that there are those content with the games they have. And with that, they may or may not make like a hospital and get the patience to collect their HGSS later. I'm 25 so I did preorder and yet most my age are not into Pokemon as much any more or not at all. Heck, I can see those my age with Johto memories perhaps possibly maybe getting into Pokemon again.

Will there be a storm of 20-some year old forum n00bs in the coming weeks?

Skitty Crazy

I want cake.
    Years
    Depends on where you live. I know my city never makes a huge deal over new Pokemon releases (it's big, but not huge) but other towns might be sold out like nothing... I'm sure they'll have a new shipment in soon, though, if they do sell out!

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    All I know is, I better get my copy since I preordered it back in February. I'll be upset if I go to GameStop and find out that my copy was given away or something like that.

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
    Last Friday I went to buy Heavy Rain/Preoder HGSS, and I didn't see anyone else there pre-ordering it except for this four year old who could barely remember the games name. Maybe I live in a weird city.

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    I don't see how the Pokemon thing can be seriously widespread enough to have a shortage. Where I'm at, most places only sell a few Pokemon games a week. I can only assume that there are those content with the games they have. And with that, they may or may not make like a hospital and get the patience to collect their HGSS later. I'm 25 so I did preorder and yet most my age are not into Pokemon as much any more or not at all. Heck, I can see those my age with Johto memories perhaps possibly maybe getting into Pokemon again.

Will there be a storm of 20-some year old forum n00bs in the coming weeks?

I never really fell out of playing the games because as far as Pokemon goes, that's all I'm into. I love the games as they are fun and addicting. I'm 22 and I pre-ordered SoulSilver. Oh well.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    When i preordered it last saturday they didnt have any more Lugia or Ho-oh statues.....Think i can still get it if i go around 1-5pm? Cause i did preorder it....But i gotta ride my bike and i doubt my parents will let me leave THAT early (They dont even know im gettin the game. They complained about me preordering diamond so id like to keep it that way)

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
    I hope there isn't! With all the bad news I hear of gamestop (selling your game if they're short, pfft do not want. >_>)
    I'm playing it right now, but I'm going to buy the *real* version on sunday (getting both) and I'm hoping I can go early because I want both figurines. I hope they have enough. >_<

Lorenzo_Von_Matterhorn

Trainer of Awesome
    Years
    There are a lot of stores that sell video games near me. I reserved 1 copy of Heart Gold and 1 copy of Soul Silver and I need to get another pair of them since they are birthday presents for friends of mine. The only times I see line-ups out here are on Boxing Day and Christmas and no one around here seems to like waking up early so that's going to be my plan for the other two copies. That will be my redemption for missing out on Final Fantasy 13! I'll show you to leave me a X-Box copy of that game you b&@#$^ds! *Shakes his hand vehemently*

-Lorenzo

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    I preordered at Target, they may have a slightly better chance of getting it before madness insues....
    Argh! I live in Houston! What am I saying?! Madness will begin at 8Am! No copies, OR mercy! :paranoid:

The poor Cashiers... I heard one saying he was frightened that if the Preorder line was so long, what would happen if they were down to the last copy *shudder*

Poor guy...

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    I have a question, I heard that some people that pre-ordered Platinum got theirs early. Do you think they'll do that with HG/SS?

Because that would be awesome. =X

Back