• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Ash and Brock travel alone for a while?

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Or should newbie girl join up with them right away?
    I feel they should try some thing different.
    Normally right away new girl joins the guys.
    I think they should wait, maybe a few episodes later like maybe four than have new girl joins up with them.
    Maybe start as a rival to Ash or some thing.
    Opinions?

Abs0l

Future Manga Maker
    Years
  • i say that brock probably will start his own daycare/breeding center in Kanto. then a new girl will join up and they travel. After a while in an epic way Max joins them and is more cool. And the girl falls for Max. Final episode of the season they kiss.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Ooh, I like the idea of a grown up Max joinning the crew. But that's unlikely as Ash doesn't grow so it'd be odd. But, Max could take over from Ash with some fresh new characters. Also, Ash could be the Pokemon League Champion with Max having to face him in the end, as before he left, Max said that he couldn't wait to battle Ash in the future, and how will he do that when neither of them grow and he isn't 10 yet. Yeah, I'm done :)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Leave a 10 year old alone with a desperate breeder perv, will you?

The thing is the people in Japan are always gonna add in a girl for the eyecandy. I doubt there's gonna be an Ash without a Hotty nowadays.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Brock and Ash have seen too much of each other....They need more space! Meet new people! It's a harsh fact they have to face. XD
    They should bring back Misty.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • They have pretty bland personalities at this point don't you think? Then again, they don't have those personalities for the new kids watching. I'm torn. On one hand, it doesn't matter one way or another for the new kids. On the other, seeing the two bland personalities walking around with each other would be boring. Maybe I'd just skip those episodes if they were actually made. Unless they were actually entertaining of course.

Edit: Damn it that's a cop-out and I don't cop-out of these kinds of things (Especially on a Pokémon board). I'll say "No" just for my sake of watching.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    oh my...so many thoughts on this title xD

but no, that would be weird, and the never-aging-ash would get tired from brock they've always been together...i do miss misty though

Bulbasaur15

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Brock and Ash have been together for a good while but i think if a much cooler Max replaced Brock and then Brock goes off on his own journey it might work

trainerSTEPH

bamf pkmn trainer
    Years
  • ...or misty could come back for awhile. there's an idea lol.

I don't know..I don't like the idea of Ash and Brock traveling alone...it wouldn't make it as interesting xD;

Years
  • I'd like that, if they weren't being shown on-screen while traveling together and they shifted the focus of the anime to more interesting characters.

Two most boring characters ever.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    it would be nice to see ash and brock both travel together without a third for a while, to train harshly, i mean no offense who ever is the new gurl or guy, wil probably be a newbii, not that i have anything against newbiis, but ash and brock normally take too much of their time teaching the newbii other then training themselves, i've been a pkmn fan since ep. 1, wen i was like 12 or so, havent missed an ep, and if i have theres utube, point is it would be a good idea to have them travel together alone for a while brock training and capturing some rock and ground pkmn, i mean he is a gym leader after all, some day hes gonna return to his gym, not unless he lets his lil bro, handle things. and ash has lost 3 pkmn leagues and im sure hes gonna lose this one too, i hope im proven wrong and he wins but odds are hes gonna lose, top 8 or even 4, who knows this might be the our year as fans to say yeah he finally won lol. ash does what he does catcher his team and train them just in case a 2nd version of paul (new rival) appears in the new gen. have the 3rd person join right in the middle of the adventure.

Years
  • I personally don't think they should travel without a female companion. I mean, I like Ash and Brock together - they have good chemistry and they feed off each other in a sense [not in that way :P]. They both have similar goals now, and I don't think Brock is going to be leaving any time soon.
    Brock can be a bit stale with the fact that he always falls in love with a girl, and then gets hurt all of a sudden; I was watching some earlier episodes of the Anime and I think that if they cooled off on it, it'd be better.
    On that note, I wouldn't mind if Brock left - but came back eventually like he did in the Orange Islands season. I liked Tracy for the most part. He was an interesting character, and he truly had good goals and whatnot. I think I want to see Brock breeding more Pokemon and whatnot. but eh...

I don't think they'll be bringing Misty back, or Max for that matter. As much as I'd like to see Max get a Pokemon of his own, I don't think, based off the lack of aging that occurs in the Anime, we'll ever see him get one. Which, truly is tragic on its own.

i mean he is a gym leader after all, some day hes gonna return to his gym, not unless he lets his lil bro, handle things.
    Forrest is the gym leader now, and he has his parents to support him. It's fine as is. lol. He's not a Gym Leader any more, and he doesn't want to be one.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • Yes, perhaps when they arrive at Cherrygrove they could meet her.
    But then again, would that ruin the video game timeline? Or does the anime need to follow the video games?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Forrest is the gym leader now, and he has his parents to support him. It's fine as is. lol. He's not a Gym Leader any more, and he doesn't want to be one.

Yeah, and Forrest did a terrible job maintaining the gym (He allowed his mom to ruin the Gym even worse than the last time she ruined the gym, as well as let her hire those painters, and he didn't even battle the so-called Gym Battlers.). His father and especially his mother were not any better either. Heck, they were even WORSE gym leaders than Misty's sisters, and that's saying a lot. It also doesn't matter if he doesn't want to be a gym leader, he has to do the responsible thing and take the gym back so that it doesn't have its reputation tarnished even more than before. Need I remind you that Misty also didn't want to be a gym leader either.

Actually, that reminds me, Cerulean Gym was suffering from the Zero tolerance system, and was nearly shut down because her sisters weren't present. The same episode that revealed this also revealed that any and all gyms that failed the exam had failed because they were unsafe, unclean, and uncool. Pewter Gym had met at least two of these qualifications for failure (it was unsafe and uncool, since the rock pokemon nearly drowned and the paint job was just horrendous, respectively.), yet they apparently passed the exam, TWICE (and the second time, the Gym faced an even worse makeover than before). To paraphrase Vincent Valentine from FFVII: The writers were mistaken. The one who should have stayed and kept the gym in order should have been... You, Brock.

Years
  • Yeah, and Forrest did a terrible job maintaining the gym (He allowed his mom to ruin the Gym even worse than the last time she ruined the gym, as well as let her hire those painters, and he didn't even battle the so-called Gym Battlers.). His father and especially his mother were not any better either. Heck, they were even WORSE gym leaders than Misty's sisters, and that's saying a lot. It also doesn't matter if he doesn't want to be a gym leader, he has to do the responsible thing and take the gym back so that it doesn't have its reputation tarnished even more than before. Need I remind you that Misty also didn't want to be a gym leader either.
    But its implied that Forrest takes good control at the last time we see him, I thought? lol. Plus, what exactly do you say to your parents? D:
    And, if Brock wasn't happy, why force him to stay there? Pointless.

Years
  • Ash should travel on his own without Brock or anyone for a while. He wants to become a pokemon master and the only way he can truly do that is on his own. I wonder how far he would be now if he was on his own for the whole time up to now or if he went the same way as the other two Pallet Town trainers and just quit.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I like the idea of Max returning, but they dont want to age the characters so that wont work but it would be cool to have him return with Snorlax, and some of his own Pokemon... (Ralts or Jirachi?). Im not into the girls changing, though I am not fond of Dawn yet. Lyra was a tease, she was coller than Dawn in just a few episodes.

akamichi

Back......For Now [Active]
    Years
  • ash and brock together are a good combo who else wouldn't join their best friend ash shouldn't leave brock they have known eachother for a long time why stop now.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    If they traveled together, just the two of them, the show would be extremely boring in my opinion.

There needs to be a main female from the get-go, or ratings would fall, sadly. xD;

Back