• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Should Delphox have different forms?

Years
    I agree with Pleitharchia on this one. Although Delphox was based off a wiard, it does seem more feminine, however if Game Freak went and changed the forms of Delphox they would need to do this with all of the other starters o there would be problems. It would just not be worth it to do so.

There have been cases where one starter had gender differences but the others didn't. Ones that come to mind are Blaziken, Meganium and Venusaur, who have gender differences (in Blaziken's case it even applies to its pre-evo Combusken) yet the other two starters in their respective trios still lacked gender differences while the Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos starters don't have any gender differences.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    There have been cases where one starter had gender differences but the others didn't. Ones that come to mind are Blaziken, Meganium and Venusaur, who have gender differences (in Blaziken's case it even applies to its pre-evo Combusken) yet the other two starters in their respective trios still lacked gender differences while the Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos starters don't have any gender differences.

I don't think that's what the original poster meant by gender differences. a little nub here and there is probably a far cry from the difference between Galade and Gardevoir (which is, I'm pretty sure, the level of gender differences the original poster wanted) but further to that, I can hardly tell teh difference between some of the ones you mentioned: Venusaur has a point on the top of the female's tree, male blacken has slightly longer horns (antennae?) male combusken has slightly longer head feathers, and male Meganium has longer antennae. I think what's worse than having the gender differences is bothering having such a minute difference between them that you can't even tell unless they're side by side. At least female wobbuffet has lipstick and female pikachu has a rounded tail.

Lihtal

Castle Guard
    Years
    Talk about a storm in a glass of water. Before the release of X and Y i was towards choosing Fenekin as my starter but it´s last evo made the cut for me... that is my only opinion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The male Gardevoir thing is something they should've retconned in 4th gen.

I think so too. I wonder if they'll even make Wally's Gardevoir in the remakes female, as it's male in the originals. Or give him Gallade instead...

I think that Delphox is fine. I admit sometimes I forgot that my Delphox was male (I did the same but gender flipped with my female Greninja) but it's not something that is as jawing as Loppuny or Machoke. I would've liked for all three Kalos starter lines to have had some differences though. For example some kinds of foxes have males that are darker and females that are lighter (for birds it's the females that are darker/plainer in color compared to the males).

Back