• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Should I get HG or SS before Black?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamerChick

<-- I'm with stupid
Years
  • So, I don't know weather or not to get Heartgold or Soulsilver before I get Pokemon Black (or white, not sure which one's cooler B]). I have diamond, and was wondering if I need to be "filled in" or anything before I get Black or White, or if HG and SS are just a need. Help?

Togakiss

Stay calm and collective.
    Years
  • I think HG & SS would just be a need to be honest, unless you want Pokemon from that generation. But if you do decide to get one of them, I would suggest Soul Silver. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • You know, I've had that same exact dilemma at the beginning of the year. I would say get B/W first, HG/SS would rather wait.

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Get HG/SS first because the price is already low, and then buy Black/White when the price is lower.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Up to you, really - certainly HGSS are decent games overall and worth a go, but maybe consider getting one of them after they have a price drop which should happen sooner or later. They're not 'necessary' per say unless if you want to complete your pokedex easier, but then no game can be really described as 'necessary'. =p

Guess that's pretty much the advice that'll do, as people will suggest different things - if you don't care about saving money get them now, otherwise wait a bit with one. (Also as with which is better out of B/W, depends which legendary and version exclusive Pokemon you prefer, as well as if you prefer one game-specific area over the other - check out bulba or serebii or the such for more on that).

Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back