• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Lance Return

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Which begs the question of why the Hoenn and Sinnoh Legendaries were even in HGSS to begin with. The Hoenn ones, I could possibly understand, due to RSE becoming harder to access by that point (the DSi had already come out and they were starting to phase out GBA games), but there was no good reason for the Sinnoh Legends being there at all. Anybody who wanted the Creation Trio could've just gotten DPP and be done with it. All they wanted was an excuse to shove Cynthia into another game. :rolleyes2:

Cynthia participation in HGSS is an event and therefore not important. It's not even canon, unlike the other event (Giovanni).

The Hoenn legendaries were there because in every generation the past legendaries are made available again for people who don't own the previous games. The only exception was 3rd gen because they wanted you to buy the GameCube games.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'd love to see Lance return! I think it'd be cool seeing what Gamefreak could do to his team since he'd be coming back in either Gen 6 or a future generation. It'd be great if they switched out two of his Dragonites for some of the newer dragons so I'm all for it. :]

Years
    I mean, yeah I should, I mean come on, I was the first champion and clearly the best one. B)

But seriously, he should, he was the first one and used Dragons, and he always will have that nostalgic RBY/GSC vibe to him, harkening back from the beginning of the franchise.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Cynthia participation in HGSS is an event and therefore not important. It's not even canon, unlike the other event (Giovanni).

It's still more than Lance has gotten in any non-Kanto/Johto game.

The Hoenn legendaries were there because in every generation the past legendaries are made available again for people who don't own the previous games. The only exception was 3rd gen because they wanted you to buy the GameCube games.

You also forgot GSC, which didn't have any of the Gen 1 Legendaries. Of course, those games could directly trade with the previous Gen.

And, as this Generation has shown, NPC cameos aren't necessary at all for stuffing a bunch of past-Gen Legendaries into the game.

I mean, yeah I should, I mean come on, I was the first champion and clearly the best one. B)

Hi there, Lance! {<3}

I think Blue and Red might have an issue with you calling yourself the "first Champion," but yeah, you're definitely way more awesome (and hotter) than the likes of Steven and Cynthia. I hate how GF has ignored and neglected you compared to them.

Back