• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should pokemon that are unevolved get a evolution then a mega

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    I been thinking that pokemon that have no evolved form should evolve first then get a mega evolution
    pokemon like sableye should have got a evolution first then it should have mega evolved

also the pokemon who have megas in the future should be a bit more creative
    pokemon without evolution should have got some before megas and maybe pokemon
    will just now give unevolved pokemon mega an no evolution
    what should pokemon do have all pokemon un evolved have
    a evolution then a mega or just give them a mega evolution

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    In some cases, yes. In other cases, no. Some of the unevolved Pokémon that got mega evolutions in Gen 6 were already viable enough competitively. Heracross, for example, already had very good stats. Its mega evolution just makes it more viable in competitive play.

Now, as for Sableye and Mawile, you could make the argument that they would have been better off just getting regular evolutions in order to increase their stats...and then to give them mega forms. Hell, Mega Mawile looks like it could just be a regular evolution for Mawile. However, it could go either way really.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would have preferred if Gen 6 had introduced more regular evolutions too, like Gen 4 did in much. But I don't see a problem with unevolved pokémon getting Mega evolutions. It makes them a lot more interesting. But yeah, still not as interesting as a regular evolution would have been. So I'll say that, I think it's cool like they did it but I'd just have preferred if there were regular evolutions instead of Mega evolutions. For the pokémon who have already evolved twice though (like Charizard), of course I wouldn't wish for another evolution on top of that ^^ But perhaps more alternative evolutions instead. Making Charizard X an alternative route from Charmeleon, I mean.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I would prefer if already evolved Pokemon didnt get a mega evolution and they would rather focus more on weak Pokemon that no one ever use, such as Luvdisc and Farfetch'd. I mean, Isn't Blaziken already OP as it was? Now they gotta go and give it a Mega evolution? x)

And maybe with 'Z' or 'X2Y2' we will see evolutions or pre evolutions of Pokemon that received Mega evolutions? Because I think they just released half of Kalos' Pokemon because well... 60 Pokemon for Kalos x)

Years
  • Well to be honest, no I wouldn't, there are pokemon I'm happy never got evolutions or mega evolutions (I do think Girafirig deserves both, though). Take Delibird for example. What would you make his evolution? A bigger red penguin with a bigger bag? And his mega? Spikier or something? The point of this is, I agree that there are some pokemon that I feel like should have an evolution/mega, but I also feel like there are some that are meant to be left like they are.

Back