• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Ritchie return?

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
  • To most people, Ritchie seems like a memory, just like the rest of the 1990s were for them. However, he's made all of three appearances (excluding Chronicles) since then, all in a Johto mini-arc. Should Ritchie return?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Eh, I don't really care. He wasn't one of my favorite and memorable characters. So yea, I wouldn't complain if he did or didn't come back.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    I really don't believe there is a need for Ritchie to return. And as you said Ritchie has already returned for a few episodes in johto.

so my answer to this question is no.

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    As I've said in other threads, I believe that Ritchie should return. Many of Ash's old friends have come back, but then they are forgotten. Ritchie is one of them, although he did appear in Chronicles. Even for just 2 or 3 episodes, I'd like to see Ritchie again.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    I don't really care if he returns. He wasn't a memorable supporting character, IMO. But like the above said, a friendly rivalry would be nice.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Dear Lord, I feel Ritchie should never return. On top of that I felt his win was cheap, Charizard wasn't listening to Ash at that time. If they were to have him return, I'd just want a rematch.

Years
  • Dear Lord, I feel Ritchie should never return. On top of that I felt his win was cheap, Charizard wasn't listening to Ash at that time. If they were to have him return, I'd just want a rematch.
    That wasn't exactly "cheap". Ash lost that battle because he failed to properly train his Charizard, and Ash knew he was taking a risk by calling upon it anyways. Ultimately, it's Ash's fault that he lost the battle.

I don't think Ritchie really needs to return. However, if they ever decided to do another Pokemon Chronicles thing, I'd like to see what he's up to.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Considering that character like Jessiebelle returned after 10 years without any mention, I think it's very possible to happen. And yes, I want him to show up.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Urgh, no. I'm so not a Ritchie fan... he was basically just an Ash-clone. He had no background to speak of, which made him a rather uninteresting character.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • nah... Id like to see more main-ish charicters like misty,may(and max =Þ), and perhaps even tracey for a season. I LOVE THEM ALL =D

you see goodbyes just arent easy for me and i miss them =( what id give to hear their voices again in something new=/

Back