• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should the Eeveelution Line be continued in SM?

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
    I can't see them making a new Eeveelution purely because there aren't any types that remain that would make sense for the region except for maybe poison. So perhaps we will get Toxeon? I think it's more likely that Espeon and Umbreon will get megas but thats just based on the whole Sun & Moon thing.

I'm not sure why people really thing the region matters in terms of what Eevees can be created. No, there aren't many remaining types that scream "tropical", but how many types do (even out of the ones Eevee has already used)? If anything I can see Bug being quite fitting. Overall no matter what the region, there are rocks present, there are metals present, there are bugs, there are dragons, there are ghosts (they might not fit the happy theme of Alola but they will still exist), and I could probably list every type really.

Overall the least likely type is probably Poison (as much as I wish that wasn't true), because they'll likely want to push the clean and beautiful nature of Alola's environment, and a Poison-type Eevee would likely be associated with unclean environments (gen 5 was really a missed opportunity here). Most likely types in my head are Bug and... let's say Rock. I have a random feeling about that.

In terms of the chances of there being an Eeveelution in general, I'm pessimistic because of patterns but hopeful despite that. They already broke one Eevee pattern last gen, so the second might be next to fall. And in terms of "There are enough now", I don't imagine they subscribe to that. Sylveon was extremely well-received.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm not sure why people really thing the region matters in terms of what Eevees can be created. No, there aren't many remaining types that scream "tropical", but how many types do (even out of the ones Eevee has already used)? If anything I can see Bug being quite fitting. Overall no matter what the region, there are rocks present, there are metals present, there are bugs, there are dragons, there are ghosts (they might not fit the happy theme of Alola but they will still exist), and I could probably list every type really.

Overall the least likely type is probably Poison (as much as I wish that wasn't true), because they'll likely want to push the clean and beautiful nature of Alola's environment, and a Poison-type Eevee would likely be associated with unclean environments (gen 5 was really a missed opportunity here). Most likely types in my head are Bug and... let's say Rock. I have a random feeling about that.

In terms of the chances of there being an Eeveelution in general, I'm pessimistic because of patterns but hopeful despite that. They already broke one Eevee pattern last gen, so the second might be next to fall. And in terms of "There are enough now", I don't imagine they subscribe to that. Sylveon was extremely well-received.

As you said Gen VI broke the two eeveelution per even gen pattern we thought they had going on after II and IV. Hopefully we'll get at least one to break the no eeveelution in odd gens other than I. Hopefully the much wanted Dragon to form a pair with Gen VI's Sylveon. Since Sylveon had night artwork irc, then perhaps Draconiceon will have it fighting at day against Dragonite (opposed to Hydreigon).

Years
    As you said Gen VI broke the two eeveelution per even gen pattern we thought they had going on after II and IV. Hopefully we'll get at least one to break the no eeveelution in odd gens other than I. Hopefully the much wanted Dragon to form a pair with Gen VI's Sylveon. Since Sylveon had night artwork irc, then perhaps Draconiceon will have it fighting at day against Dragonite (opposed to Hydreigon).

It's interesting we've had Eeveelutions introduced in every even-numbered generation, while the odd-numbered generations other than 1st Gen had no Eeveelutions. While part of me thinks the pattern will repeat and we won't get another Eeveelution, I also would be open to see the pattern broken and we get new Eeveelutions this generation.

Years
    Eevee is my most favourite Pokemon. Of course I want to see an Eeveelution, maybe two or three :). I adore them all. Maybe there should be Eeveelutions for every Type that there isn't an Eeveelution for.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Since this is a conservation theme? Either Poison, Metal or Fighting. I did a Rock one just because.

• Lä'aumakeon/ Lä'aueon. Poison to be based around pollution and contempt for its trainer. It is created from an invasive Eevee species that hitched on a ride from Kanto. Since then, Alola's pollution mutated them from a natural evolution and emerged a vengeful creature that hates mankind. It's the only evolution for an Eevee that comes from hatred, and evolves during the day.
    • Kilaeon. Metal is for industry. It's luster is valued from many collector of this Pokemon as it's beauty is deadly. Or it could come from a meteorite, which makes it valuable for...other reasons. Kilalanieon.
    • Luaeon, Fighting is for the Hawaiian form of martial arts. Its fighting form inspired Alolans in its deadly combat sport. It is the naturally occurring evolution of Eevee on Alola. However, it is a dying breed as more trainers opt for more foreign evolutions than their own.
    • Lanaieon. Rock is for the rock garden of the legendary Pokemon Solgaleo and Lunaala. It is their natural protector and loyally serves them to its very demise. Name is based on the rock garden of the gods in Hawaiian lore.

Years
    I have a friend who suggested that some new Eeveelution could get double typing, and i personally like it. But to answer your question, I don't think Mega-Evolutions will work that well for the Eeveelutions, as really they have no need for one.

Years
    Like Ham said I can't really see dual-types happening for future Eeveelutions, especially when you consider that each Eeveelution is designed to fit their type and having a design to fit two types would be hard to think.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
    I really want a Dragon Eevee really, really badly. But in saying that, you'd probably have to make it a traded evolution holding the Dragon Scale, which I feel they won't want to do since Seadra evolving to Kingdra is the only traded evolution that requires the Dragon Scale and most likely GF will keep it that way so Kingdra remains so unique. But they do like to do funny things so fingers crossed! :)

Years
    I also don't see any dual-typings happening for Eeveelutions ever. About mega evolutions for Eeveelutions, I'm not sure I'd want to see that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    I personally believe we are getting a new eeveelution due to the fact we only got one in 6th gen. I believe the 6th and 7th gen are going to be closely connected and therefore would make sense that we get the second eeveelution this gen. I'm hoping for a poison type being that there are a few toxic plants in the Hawaii islands. As far as Megas for the eevee tree I don't see that happening unless they give eevee a normal evolution and mega evolve that one.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Since only one Eeveelution was introduced last gen, I'd love for a new one to be introduced! Especially a Normal type, or a Ghost type.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Looks like everyone else has already beat me to the pulp on why we won't be seeing a new Eeveelution in Sun & Moon, so I'm sticking with the pattern.

Years
    Even though I'd love to see a Poison-type Eeveelution, I don't think they should introduce a new one for this particular gen considering we had Sylveon in gen VI. Since the third gen there's been a pattern that takes a break for every other generation, I think this is a good idea because it keeps it under control.

That's not a pattern, something happening 2 times out of 4 isn't a pattern

Back