• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Should they make a 3DS version of FRLG?

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    Reading all these posts about Hoenn remakes first are hilarious now xD

I would eventually like a remake of FireRed and LeafGreen but I feel like they should wait a few more years before. I just feel like it's too soon to go to Kanto again since you apparently can in HG/SS (I say apparently because I didn't play those games).

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    I just alluded to this in another thread, about remakes of the first gen.

Should there be remakes of FR/LG? No. Never.

FR/LG are already remakes. The technology and the games (the dexes, mechanics, everything) have changed so much since the originals that there's just no reason to do faithful remakes at all.

Now - GF should (and I'm sure will) return to Kanto some day, and it's at least possible that that return will be on the 3DS, but they really should return for an entirely new story. They could even (and I believe should) base that story explicitly on how much the region has (presumably) changed over the years.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
    A couple of things that would make a 3D Gen 1 Remake AWESOME:

- Have the additional evolutions to the Kanto Pokemon available as HG/SS did.
    - Have the first member of your party follow you around like HG/SS did.
    - Have a massive post-game including not only the Events on the Sevii Islands, but also the Orange Islands (and Orange League) and Access to the Johto Region to bridge the gap between the Kanto and Johto Games (Johto gyms available with OP Pokemon).

This is, of course, in addition to all of the advancements in graphics and game mechanics introduced between Gens 4 and 6 (that goes without saying).

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    No >_>

I don't mean to be a Kanto hater, but...

Unless it's a sequel or something, just no, okay?

Kanto is in 4/6 gens. Isn't that enough?

Just...ugh. Leave your Kanto out of this for a while!

Spoiler:

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
    No, I don't think they should make another remake of a remaked game. I would go for Pokemon Z or the 7th Generation pokemon. :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I was surprised that they actually went for R/S remakes over FR/LG remakes as I think it would've made more sense. It would appeal to the older fanbase GF shamelessly pandered to with X/Y (Two Charizard meg evo's - need I say more) and would be the first time I played R/B to completion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    No. I would say that under no circumstances should they make a remake of a remake.

I would like to see the series return to Kanto sometime, but it should be an updated Kanto and a new story, potentially centered specifically around how much time has passed since the events of the first games and how much things have changed since then. That could actually be quite good, and certainly better than a straight remake of a game that's already been remade once could ever be.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How is a remake of a remake different from simply remaking something a second time?

One thing I like about remakes is that it allows you to use newer Pokemon in older locations. For example, if there hadn't been remakes, Kanto would've never even seen Gen III Pokemon.

It also allows you to experiment with new game mechanics that didn't exist before. For example, abilities - Pokemon Tower is completely different in FRLG than in RBY because of Gastly's line having Levitate, and, maybe it's me, but I tended to Dig my way through in the originals.

Gen III minimized the impact of the new types on Kanto. It has no Dark-types, and its only Steel-type isn't very defensive and didn't learn any Steel-type moves.

However, Kanto does have a few Fairy-types which might be interesting to see in a region designed (and balanced) when it didn't exist. And, if HGSS is any indication, they will add in the level-based evolutions (other than the location-based ones), adding Sylveon and Umbreon. Plus, Magnemite learns offensive Steel moves now...

Tek

Years
    I'd rather see Pokémon Yellow on 3DS.

Also, what the crap is a 4DS supposed to be? Does it travel through time?

Years
    We all know that it's not necessary for a remake to be made for compatibility reasons, other than the fact that GBA cartridges are dying. But I feel because it's like a hallmark RPG at this point, a HD 3d remake would be cool on WiiU or something. I don't own one, but we can only have the same game on portable so many times. Although, a new Kanto adventure might be really cool.

Years
    While it does seem like a good idea on paper, there isn't enough demand for Game Freak to consider developing it. ORAS has been talked about ever since HGSS was released, and they only just now announced it. They have a lot on their plate at the moment, what with the Hoenn remakes as well as a possible sequel to X and Y. In the very distant future, a game like this could be possible, but certainly not any time soon.

Back