• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Should they remake Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow

Should they remake R/B/Y?

• Yes

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Yes, but keep Lavander Town how it is

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    I don't really think they need to be remade again...until like...a really long time. I don't think I'd care too much if they never did, even though I really enjoy the original games.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
    Years
    I'm not a fan of Kanto, so I don't see the need for a remake. Maybe Yellow if they get ambitious, but that's about it.

Though if they were to make a new storyline with Kanto, such as Team Rocket returning and actually succeeding taking over the region or something, I would consider buying it. That's probably the only way I would accept another remake.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    No, RBY means Ruby.

R/B/Y means Red, Blue & Yellow. They're seperate games, so they can't have letter combinations or it'll be too confusing to differentiate.
    Um lol no, not on everyone else's watch. You should adapt to that, not the other way around.

Anyhow I do know that Kanto had a LOT of appearances before but I'd just really like a game that was JUST Kanto, with Kanto's original dex and maybe a few special in-game trades from other gens or certain spots in the Safari Zone but really, not any more changes. I know that's too much to ask though haha. I'll just replay Yellow ;(((

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2014
    I would like to see a Pokemon game spanning ALL regions (at least the ones from the main series), including Kanto. Having more than one region to explore was something I liked about Gold and Silver, even if it was an old region.

I did find it kind of lame that they did the Volcano thing with Cinnabar in Gen II though. I could understand for the gameboy, because there might have been space issues, but in HGSS they should have brought back the RBY/FRLG Cinnabar just because there was more to do there and the volcano eruption wasn't really that important to the story.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't... understand what you mean. o_O You're saying they should remake RBY but leave everything the way it was? Why remake it then? Just replay the original games.

Also I don't remember Lavender Town being changed in FRLG. What was different about it? Just the music? The music from everywhere was different. They remade it.

I guess I could deal with a Yellow remake but I don't really like Gen I enough to play it again even with Pikachu following me around. :( I think HGSS implemented that just fine--the only things I'd really miss from Yellow would be the throwbacks to the anime and getting all the starters. But that's not enough for me to want any remakes again.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Yeaahhh. I would have a name to call you (it's not derogatory :P) but it could be taken as one. I'll just say this:

KANTO = ENUF. It's boring now. Seriously. Sorry that teh best game evar!!!111 hasn't been in every generation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    God no, I'm sick of Kanto and I wish to forget it. :( I feel like the same everything, with updated graphics would be just way too boring, even a Yellow remake.

ares24

Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2017
    i signed up to reply to this (and hopefully many other topics so it doesn't seem like a waste of a registration). here's why i like this idea:

Pokemon Red/Blue (Red/Green) was a great game concept. i enjoy the concept art for Capsule Monsters much more however and feel that the original concept (or at least the vibe it gave off to me) was never truly reached, but at most was reached in Red/Blue.

the original games were more RPG like than Pokemon-like. over time, the game series evolved into its own genre, but the first pair of games definitely (in my opinion) seemed to be more similar to games like Final Fantasy or Breath of Fire. which i love for aesthetic and concept reasons.

it would be so cool to take the original game, perhaps leaving the screen resolution alone but expanding (doubling in size) the pixels and making a new version of Red/Blue reminiscent of old school gaming. however, it would be much better to make certain screens completely up to date graphics wise. so you have your adventure mode similar to an 8-bit style, then battle/pc box mode in the DS style. and to further wow the player, make the game monochrome. with the original chiptune music. maybe with some reverb.

now keep the concepts of physical/special moves, natures, and etc in the game. alter move sets a bit just to make sure that for the most part all the original 151 pokemon are as challenging as they were in Red/Blue, then add all the other pokemon at the end of the game and do not make them easily obtainable. or rather, make more of them not obtainable unless cheated or traded for. but the ones that are do not come easy. basically, the game would be exactly how it was when it was first made (with glitches fixed of course) until you beat the champion. then a series of challenging events could occur afterwards to give the game even more replay value.

lastly, i do NOT think this should be a game produced by Nintendo/Game Freak. although i would love it, i just think this is something that would be better if fan-made and imported onto a DS cartridge. remade games are good because the old game systems and consoles, over time, break or become too fragile to play. or the old games are scarce and hard to find. especially with old pokemon games, the internal batteries die. and the screen being lit up in the DS is a definite upgrade for handheld. so... remaking an old game 8-bit style seems more cool to me than completely recreating it.

but this is just my opinion and i wanted to share it. if anyone knows of anyone doing anything like this, i'd love to hear about it.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Kanto has made four appearances, Sinnoh and Hoenn have made one appearence, it kind of puts it into perspective on how it currently stands. Besides Fire Red & Leaf Green are the remakes of the RBY trio, however I wouldn't mind a Yellow remake.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Not at all. If you remake a game only to improve the graphics, it is a waste of time and money. You're better off just playing the original game at that point, because there's no difference in the game. Graphics do not change a game and they do not make an old game worth playing again. The same thing goes for upgraded music files.
    Just pick up your RGBY cartridge and play that if you want an experience closer to the original.

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
    Honestly as much as I love the first gen of games I don't think we need yet another remake. We have FR/LG and that's good enough for me. :) Plus as much as I love Sega, I don't want Nintendo to go down the same line as them, and keep re-releasing games. :\

ares24

Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2017
    Not at all. If you remake a game only to improve the graphics, it is a waste of time and money. You're better off just playing the original game at that point, because there's no difference in the game. Graphics do not change a game and they do not make an old game worth playing again. The same thing goes for upgraded music files.
    Just pick up your RGBY cartridge and play that if you want an experience closer to the original.

as much as i love old consoles, it's not good to spit in the cartridges.

...so i think we need a remake.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
    Sheesh, I really hope Game Freak doesn't make a R/B/Y remake. We have FR/LG, and now we have HG/SS, which includes the Kanto region.

No more Kanto, please!

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    They aren't remakes if nothing is changed. Generation 1 was inferior in just about every way. Why do you miss "Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pikachu" (as if they were the only Pokemon in Gen 1)? They are still here in Gen 5, they have gone no where.

Also, how does an imaginary 8-bit town with a tower filled with the ghosts of imaginary monsters give anything a realistic feel?

(I don't think the OP visits these forums anymore to see this post, but whatever)

Years
    Oh hey, here's a completely ridiculous idea: Why not just release Gen I on the 3DS Virtual Console. Anyone?!

And I agree with some of you, but disagree with others.
    Being a nostalgianerd, I would love to see them "Remade." What I would actually want to see is a port more than a remake. I get really paranoid about my save batteries now XD. I want to relive the same exact feeling I got when I was playing through on my GBC. The same nostalgia. But no need for a remake, just port it onto newer generation cartridges. I think I can speak for most pokemon gamers that have been playing since they've seen the first commercials for Gen I games when I say I would be satisfied with that.

I would love to have all Gens finally united on DS carts. Much more portable and no save batteries to worry about, and no clock batteries, either. Even if they just port the exact RBY, FRLG, RSE, etc to DS carts. That would be a wonderful thing.

Or...ya know....Virtual Console....Jussayin' ._.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well lookie lookie, this thread was revived on July 8th. A good excuse to lock it, cause these topics are honestly quite silly and unfortunately numerous. We have one annoying remake speculation thread in PGC already and I would rather not have another, especially about games that actually have been remade.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back