• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should they stop creating?

Stop?

• YES!! There's too many and I hardly remember half of them!

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I'm support both sides.

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Leave it to destiny

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • NO!!! I want more new Pokemon!!

Votes: 36 51.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 14, 2005
    I think tat they should keep creating as well. It gives it more variety, and with new pokies comes new attacks and special abilities. Plus, they haven't even scraped the surface with the 300+ they have now....watit it is that many right? -_o

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I dont really mind. Its a good thing. More game, TV series and ect. Its is a good thing. Pokemon will live on forever.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Mwar, it's tough to be creative sometimes. I'm thinking that they should look at, mwar, some Fak?mon sites and ask the webmaster people if they can use some of the Fak?mon, there's alot of good creativity there ^_^
    But there is a fact that most Fakemon look like Digimon O_O

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • I'm on both sides, I suppose... -_-;

On the one hand, I really don't think we've explored all the options we could have with the Pokemon we already have. I mean, think of the possibilities we've missed out on! Pokemon dress-up, Pokemon tattooing, Pokemon stir-fry...

Just kidding. ;) but seriously, there are so many great Pokemon already, a lot of which get neglected most of the time. I think it would be cool to have a game that requires certain pokemon at certain times. In other words, it requires the use of the Pokemon itself, and not necessarily its moves. We saw a little bit of that in the hunt for the Regis. But that's just a quick thought on my part. It may or may not be a good idea...

But on the other hand, one of the most important rules of business is to hone your ability to adapt and change over time. Otherwise, you lose the interest of your customers. Take cereal for example. How many different lucky charms marshmallows has General Mills gone through during our lives? I mean, I couldn't possibly name all the ones they've used and replaced with newer ones. It'd take way too long. I think Pokemon is similar. For one thing, it's geared toward kids, and kids by nature have short attention spans. They aren't typically the types of gamers that enjoy exploring subtle nuances and determining EV boosts and stuff like that. They just wanna beat the crap out of their opponent's pokemon in battle and they want shiny new pokemon to do it with all the time. Nintendo knows this. The fact that they've been around for so long is proof of that. If they want the Pokemon franchise to continue on, they have to be willing to adapt. And I think that considering how much money they're STILL making off of it, they're more than willing to design thousands more of the little critters, just as long as people keep paying for them. Now honestly, how many of you would not buy a copy of Pokemon Diamond or Pearl if you found out it had all-new pokemon in it? I know I wouldn't. And I believe I'm in the majority. We can't force them to make what we consider higher-quality pokemon if we just keep buying the games despite the decline in creativity involved in the new 'mon's designs.

Well, I've said a couple hundred mouthfuls. I'd better stop and give someone else a chance. >_<

xantor

...:::...
    Years
  • No more new pokemon. It would be good for Nitendo have a game where all regions are accessable. If there's more pokemon less room for all regions. I'd rather all regions and all pokemon acsessable. Also the first gen pokemon were great then they go downhill. Some were OK in the 2nd and 3rd gens but some are shameful.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • There are far too many pokemon , in the future , the whould be 1000 pokemon , thats a huge number. So let the creating of new pokemon stop , unless you make a parody of Pokemon like me (Edon :P). BTW I like to see Eevee evolution by Leaf Stone and Moon Stone (or maybe some one could make a charset of that Pokemon , which i found on one site of Team Rocket)

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • BTW This would be a horror if they make a Angelic Dog pokemon (aka Houndour and Houndoom are dog from hell (Devil Dogs) , they even act like ones)

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    As someone said earlier, if they stopped making Pokemon it wouldn't make sense. There's so many species and such in the world...

But they need better English names and designs. =\

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    YES. Ruby Sappire proved they are running out of ideas, and their names just don't have the same flare anymore. Compare Charmeleon, Typhlosion and Dugtrio to Minun, Lombre......

Back