• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

b7astoise

GrinchGod
    Years
    im just tired of ash losing battles he should be winning...like how do u lose to paul and yet you beat his brother...and he's had pikachu for so long it should be his ultimate pokemon cuz you would think its a high level...and i agree with the people that thinks he needs to grow up...it feels like hes way out of garys league...ash needs to step it up

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    they been building him from pokemon leagues...learning and making him get closer and closer to winning it

it would be stupid to scrap it all now.....this time i believe they will make him win the pokemon league since they are giving elite 4 so much air time and explaining the process. makes no sense if ash doesnt win it because they would of wasted the elite 4 air time then

after he wins sinnoh there will be a new season on elite 4 and ash's journey to beat the sinnoh elite 4

Years
    they been building him from pokemon leagues...learning and making him get closer and closer to winning it

it would be stupid to scrap it all now.....this time i believe they will make him win the pokemon league since they are giving elite 4 so much air time and explaining the process. makes no sense if ash doesnt win it because they would of wasted the elite 4 air time then

after he wins sinnoh there will be a new season on elite 4 and ash's journey to beat the sinnoh elite 4
    I think its possible they'll do that or they will do another season on the new battle frontier

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Err... correct me if I'm mistaken, but other than Johto (since that was the only main game league where he even rose a level [not counting Indigo, as that was his first league].), when was he ever built up as getting closer and closer to the leagues (I mean, wouldn't they have made him go up to the Top 4 in the Hoenn League if they truly felt that they should build him by making him get closer and closer to winning it?)

As for the Elite 4, technically, they gave the Kanto Elite 4 plenty of Screentime (Lance, Bruno, Lorelei/Prima, and Agatha).

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    It makes no sense that Ash makes it into finals in the league, then gets his butt kicked by some weak gym leader or paul. I mean shouldnt that Super powerful Pikachu be at such high lv. that he can easily beat the gyms using it alone. And about the fact that "lvs. dont exist in the anime", well, that Pikachu beat a regice and whole bunch of other things.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    That was a cheap win IIRC gars.

@Weedle: In Johto, he mainly used his older team. He didn't use Cyndiquil, etc. In Hoenn, he used mainly the team he had the whole time in Hoenn. Seeing he got to the same place that he had been in the league before while using more experienced pokémon, I'd say he improved some bit.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2009
    I think Ash should definately be kept in the series but I think Misty, May and Max should come back and I think there should be a contest that covers all of the best in the world and a pokemon league that will determine the pokemon master. That way Ash, Misty, Max and Brock could compete in that while May, Dawn and even Drew could compete for the title of the best coordinator.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Why would Misty and Brock compete?

Well, for Misty, it's because she wants to be the Worlds Greatest Water Pokemon Master.

for Brock, well, yeah, you have a point, he shouldn't even be competing. I mean, the only REAL reason for him to even compete in it is probably to try and impress a girl.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Well, for Misty, it's because she wants to be the Worlds Greatest Water Pokemon Master.

for Brock, well, yeah, you have a point, he shouldn't even be competing. I mean, the only REAL reason for him to even compete in it is probably to try and impress a girl.

Well that would be Brock. But I think that trainers who have defeated leagues should actually get to participate or they at least traveled around the world and competed in different leagues. We're just waiting for that day for Ash to do this. We're still waiting.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well that would be Brock. But I think that trainers who have defeated leagues should actually get to participate or they at least traveled around the world and competed in different leagues. We're just waiting for that day for Ash to do this. We're still waiting.

Well, if you want to get technical, Misty has participated in a League (Whirl Cup)

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2009
    that would be nice because I also think it is a good way to get all of Ash's old pokemon involved

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    that would be nice because I also think it is a good way to get all of Ash's old pokemon involved

And a great way to end Ash's story so he can become a Pokémon Master. Then if the writers want to, they can create a show about Ash's life after his adventures.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back