• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    The paranthesis said "The anime and the franchise's demo". Before that, I said that it was aimed at ages 6-11. What's confusing about that?

You said the Manga was aimed at ages 6-11 and then broke it off with simply "The anime and the franchise's demo". If you had stated "along with" or "as well as" to include that as part of that statement, I wouldn't have been thrown off on a limb there. Plus...demo?

And is it just me or do you really get testy when people say "anime" and "dark" (or any variation) in the same sentence. No offense really but....

Years
    And is it just me or do you really get testy when people say "anime" and "dark" (or any variation) in the same sentence. No offense really but....

Nah..he's just being a *spoiler deleted* that's why he's being like that. Lulz. :P

Anyways let's not turn this into a flame war like I almost did waaayyyy back when I was emotional about things and first found out some form of opposition to *le gasp* PokeSupe. Almost caused me to be infracted...thank goodness I deleted it. XD

Anyways...as I said before, the choice of a parallel track for both the anime targeted to it's "intended audience" and a PokeSupe anime is still in the table. I've seen way darker anime/manga than PokeSupe so...people are used to it. I mean if people can take the outright violence of both the Bleach/Naruto anime/manga I'm sure they can take the mix of genre's that PokeSupe gives the fandom. ^__^

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Nah..he's just being a *spoiler deleted* that's why he's being like that. Lulz. :P

Anyways let's not turn this into a flame war like I almost did waaayyyy back when I was emotional about things. Almost caused me to be infracted...thank goodness I deleted it. XD

Anyways...as I said before, the choice of a parallel track for both the anime targeted to it's "intended audience" and a PokeSupe anime is still in the table. I've seen way darker anime/manga than PokeSupe so...people are used to it. I mean if people can take the outright violence of both the Bleach/Naruta anime/manga I'm sure they can take the mix of genre's that PokeSupe gives the fandom. ^__^

Now here is where you have a good point in all of this xD I don't thinnk it's much of a problem either.

Now if they were to pull Ash out of the anime, they would have to come pretty good with a new main character.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Anyways let's not turn this into a flame war like I almost did waaayyyy back when I was emotional about things and first found out some form of opposition to *le gasp* PokeSupe.

>_> er...ok...I have no intention of instigating warfare (course my dawn thread did it), but ofcourse, curiosity sometimes promotes it.

Anyways...as I said before, the choice of a parallel track for both the anime targeted to it's "intended audience" and a PokeSupe anime is still in the table. I've seen way darker anime/manga than PokeSupe so...people are used to it. I mean if people can take the outright violence of both the Bleach/Naruta anime/manga I'm sure they can take the mix of genre's that PokeSupe gives the fandom. ^__^

What the devil is poke supe?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    >_> er...ok...I have no intention of instigating warfare (course my dawn thread did it), but ofcourse, curiosity sometimes promotes it.

What the devil is poke supe?

I believe PokeSupe is the Pokemon Specials xD Someone added something about the Specials while discussing about Ash.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2009
    I say make a new series all together. I'm personally sick of the same old routine they keep feeding us.

Ash loses against a gym leader. Win a few. Loses. Wins the last badge. Gets into the Pokemon league. Gets defeated and goes to another region to get stronger. Meets a new female character who happens to be a coordinator, repeat. Not to mention the fact that he's stopped with the whole "Gotta Catch 'em all" thing. Once he gets six Pokemon, he just stops. It's annoying. Not to mention he NEVER tries to catch any of the legendaries.

Isn't that what basically happens in the Pokemon games? You fight gym leaders, have a rival, catch legendaries, fight an evil corporation trying to take over the world, and beat the Elite 4? Yet we buy the games though.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Isn't that what basically happens in the Pokemon games? You fight gym leaders, have a rival, catch legendaries, fight an evil corporation trying to take over the world, and beat the Elite 4? Yet we buy the games though.

I guess people want to see something different than the whole monotous rotine we go through in the games, since in the games we don't really have much choice not to do all those things; but in the anime they can have more diversity.

Ayselipera

I love him he makes the show. I will admit
    the new voice is a little... rough to say the
    least. Still though how can you ever take
    main character out of a show.

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Well, I remember the first episode of Pokemon, I was just a squirt! And I can't really imagine Pokemon without Ash and Pikachu in the lead. But a new hero would be nice. . .

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Yeah, whenever he sees one he says: "Whoah, what's that?", or something similar, grabs his Dexter, who claims to have no data available and after that ithe legendary Pokemon is gone.

In the anime, legendary Pokemon aren't meant to be caught. The whole 2nd movie is about the disaster catching the Bird trio would cause.

Years
    Meh, Ash sucks IMO. They would have been better off using the REAL protagonist, RED GOD DAMMIT. Red owns all. Red is the Chuck Norris of Pokemon. NO ONE beats Red. Except maybe Gold...but whatever. Who's with me?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Meh, Ash sucks IMO. They would have been better off using the REAL protagonist, RED GOD DAMMIT. Red owns all. Red is the Chuck Norris of Pokemon. NO ONE beats Red. Except maybe Gold...but whatever. Who's with me?

Red doesn't exist in the anime. In fact, he's actually a fictional character in the anime. "Red" was in one of Ash's favorite movies when he was younger.

You can't be a protagonist if you don't exist as a real character.

As for your "omgzers BE MORE LIKE THE MANGA"...sounds like you should just read the manga. If you don't like Ash, then you never liked the anime.

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    In the anime, legendary Pokemon aren't meant to be caught. The whole 2nd movie is about the disaster catching the Bird trio would cause.
    Well, that isn't entirely true. Brandon does have the Regis after all. It probably only applies for the birds while the others are just too powerful to be caught.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Basically I say the series should revolve more on Pokemon and not their trainers. (no not completely)

It should be more like 10 or 15 different trainers trying to beat each other and about THEIR pokemon. Would seem interesting if the anime's not biased against one trainer (ASH)

ZARUTO

Dark vampire king
    Years
    The people who created pokemon should make a whole new serie because ash screw the last 10 seasons up

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back