• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2018
    Show what? If you're using A-map 1.95 there's no checkbox for trainer, you just have to change its id. If that's what you mean? Cause I don't get it

Oh. What do you change its ID to?

~ BTW - I meant like on Advance Map, I have a trainer there with the XSE stuff, but when I open up the game, none of the people on that page show up (Except Poké Balls that I inputted)

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Oh. What do you change its ID to?

~ BTW - I meant like on Advance Map, I have a trainer there with the XSE stuff, but when I open up the game, none of the people on that page show up (Except Poké Balls that I inputted)

You need to input the trainer's id too. Make sure there's not a single setflag or anything that makes your trainers disappear.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2018
    You need to input the trainer's id too. Make sure there's not a single setflag or anything that makes your trainers disappear.

Yes, there are no set-flags for disappearance or a #raw for hide either.
    Also, no trainers there can be seen except Poké Balls.

~ What Trainers ID do I put?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2018
    Yeah. Just put the same. 001 ;)

Lol, problem is:

Trainer: 00
    Person ID: 0000

Which one do I put it in? I notice that all the gym leaders have neither... they have 00(00) for both.

EDIT: I put the PET 001 in the script itself.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2018
    In the Person ID of course, since it's impossible to put it on the Trainer.

Right, but you said to put it as 001, but there are 4 spaces, so are you allowed to leave one blank?

~ As I said before, none of the gym leaders have their ID there...or the trainers.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Right, but you said to put it as 001, but there are 4 spaces, so are you allowed to leave one blank?

~ As I said before, none of the gym leaders have their ID there...or the trainers.

o_O I don't know what you have to. But cutting this convo just watch tut on youtube lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Can you please help me? I'm new at this, I am trying to write a trainer script, i can do the battle just fine, but i'm wanting to make it a rival so that when i win they say something witty and disappear, i find with this script i have to talk to them after the battle to get them to walk away, and they keep reappearing too..Would you please tell me what i did wrong?

#dyn 0x740000
    #org @begin
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x004 0x0 @intro @defeat
    message @afterwards
    callstd msg_NOCLOSE
    closemsg
    applymovement 0x4 @walkaway
    end
    #org @intro
    = I'm Ready to fight!

#org @defeat
    = Darn, You won[.]

#org @afterwards
    = I can also say something after \nthe battle
    #org @walkaway
    m walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up end

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Can you please help me? I'm new at this, I am trying to write a trainer script, i can do the battle just fine, but i'm wanting to make it a rival so that when i win they say something witty and disappear, i find with this script i have to talk to them after the battle to get them to walk away, and they keep reappearing too..Would you please tell me what i did wrong?

You need to use trainerbattle 0x1 so the script continues straight after winning the battle.

Like in Diego's example script for a Gym Leader:

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x820
    if 0x1 goto @done
    msgbox @2 0x6
    trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later
    end

#org @before
    = Show me what ya got!

#org @after
    = What the-?

#org @later
    msgbox @3 0x6
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox @4 0x4
    waitfanfare
    closeonkeypress
    msgbox @5 0x6
    giveitem 0x147 0x1
    setflag 0x820
    release
    end

#org @done
    msgbox @1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1
    = You should travel to Cerulean City\nto get your next badge.

#org @2
    = Welcome to Pewter City Gym.\nYou want to challenge me?

#org @3
    = Congratulations!\pFor beating me, you get\nthis badge!

#org @4
    = \v\h01 recieved a badge!

#org @5
    = Oh, and please take this.

Thanks so much for this!

However, I have a problem. I'm not sure if anybody else who has posted above me has posted this question and/or had it answered, but here it is.
    It doesn't let me script Warps.

As this is my first post, I can't post links yet, but it is"
    i m g u r . c o m / z p m e Y C i
    (without any spaces.)

You don't script warps tiles - that part has nothing to do with this tutorial. The warp diego used is as part of a script, whilst you're looking at warp tiles. The [W]s in A-Map simply go on a door (or by stairs, etc.) and will automatically warp you when you move in the correct manner. The warp you have a picture of takes you to Map 3,0 - Warp 0. Which should be Pallet Town. Change the numbers to change where it goes.

Years
  • Hey great tutorial it is really helping me out. I have come across a problem though and don't know how to rectify it. Basically I have a script where a girl walks up to the player, talks and gives player a pokemon. She then walks back off screen. The problem is, when you walk the way she went, you can see her sprite standing there (standing where it originally walked from)

I want that sprite/person event to disappear after she walks off screen. Like the prof oak follow me script; his sprite isn't there until he gets you to follow him but you can see his person event in advance map. Thank you.

I have also tried hidesprite 0Xx and hidesprite 0x800F.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hey great tutorial it is really helping me out. I have come across a problem though and don't know how to rectify it. Basically I have a script where a girl walks up to the player, talks and gives player a pokemon. She then walks back off screen. The problem is, when you walk the way she went, you can see her sprite standing there (standing where it originally walked from)

I want that sprite/person event to disappear after she walks off screen. Like the prof oak follow me script; his sprite isn't there until he gets you to follow him but you can see his person event in advance map. Thank you.

I have also tried hidesprite 0Xx and hidesprite 0x800F.

Keep the hidesprite, make sure it is 0xEVENTNUMBER. But also set a flag in your script (you might already have one in there?) - once you've got a flag going, copy the number into her PERSON ID in A-Map. When you combo setting a flag and hidesprite it makes the sprite disappear permanently, she'll only reappear if you use showsprite or clear the flag.

Years
  • Thank you it worked :) I just have another problem, I can't edit a script I have already compiled. Every time I try to re-compile the script it keeps reverting to the unchanged version.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    You need to use trainerbattle 0x1 so the script continues straight after winning the battle.

Like in Diego's example script for a Gym Leader:

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x820
    if 0x1 goto @done
    msgbox @2 0x6
    trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later
    end

#org @before
    = Show me what ya got!

#org @after
    = What the-?

#org @later
    msgbox @3 0x6
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox @4 0x4
    waitfanfare
    closeonkeypress
    msgbox @5 0x6
    giveitem 0x147 0x1
    setflag 0x820
    release
    end

#org @done
    msgbox @1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1
    = You should travel to Cerulean City\nto get your next badge.

#org @2
    = Welcome to Pewter City Gym.\nYou want to challenge me?

#org @3
    = Congratulations!\pFor beating me, you get\nthis badge!

#org @4
    = \v\h01 recieved a badge!

#org @5
    = Oh, and please take this.

You don't script warps tiles - that part has nothing to do with this tutorial. The warp diego used is as part of a script, whilst you're looking at warp tiles. The [W]s in A-Map simply go on a door (or by stairs, etc.) and will automatically warp you when you move in the correct manner. The warp you have a picture of takes you to Map 3,0 - Warp 0. Which should be Pallet Town. Change the numbers to change where it goes.
    wheni do that, it says that there is an invalid character in the data, that it needs to be an integer, why is this?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    i did what it showed. And got this as a response tinyurl . com/ l9kmskz
    my script was

#dyn 0x740000
    #org @begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x220
    if 0x1 goto @done
    msgbox @2 0x4
    trainerbattle 0x1 0x004 0x0 @before @after @later
    end
    #org @before
    = Hina: Here we go are you ready?!

#org @after
    = Hina: Ngh You win...

#org @later
    Msgbox @3 0x4
    applymovement 0x4 @walkaway
    setflag 0x220
    release
    end
    #org @done
    msgbox @1 0x4
    release
    end
    #org @1
    = Why can you see me?

#org @2
    = Hina: Are you ready to \nfight me.

#org @3
    = You won. This will be \nthe only time you do.

#org @walkaway
    m walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up end

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Phone posting! Pew pew. There's nothing obvious wrong with your script, did you edit it at all after compiling?

Are you using a green event script tile for this? May be the problem. Maybe.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    no i was not, i restarted my computer and openeed it and it worked. do you have any idea where i would put the hidesprite in that?

Back