• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Signature of the Week
    Discussion Thread
    The point of this thread is to provide a discussion thread for SOTW.
    And ideas or suggestions you have can be posted here, plus discussion about the current SOTW.

Just remember to keep it polite ;d.
    An archive for the SOTW could be kept in this thread, or in the main thread.
    Depending on what everyone thinks.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well, first things first;

How would the winner be flooded if they're the ones choosing the theme? D: It should be the decision of the winner, nobody else should be allowed to suggest their ideas to them unless they say they can. *glories of winning, of course. :<* Otherwise, it defeats the purpose of winning the prize in the first place. xD

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Well, first things first;

How would the winner be flooded if they're the ones choosing the theme? D: It should be the decision of the winner, nobody else should be allowed to suggest their ideas to them unless they say they can. *glories of winning, of course. :<* Otherwise, it defeats the purpose of winning the prize in the first place. xD

Yeah I know that x].
    But people would be recommending a certain theme or telling them to choose that.
    Just like in a lottery with different prizes. (everyone wants the whisky, if you get it)

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    That... is exactly contradictory to what I just said. xD

I think you're thinking where everyone puts in a suggestion for a theme for the winner to decide.

I'm thinkin' the winner gets to pick something out of their own head and put their foot down and say, "We're doing this whether you like it or not".

I don't think our trains of thought are on the same railroad tracks. xD

Anyway, both me and Sachi think that the signature of the week contest should run for a week. If you were leaving time for voting, I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be any troubles with letting voting run over into the new contest. :<

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    >.<, i'm not very creative xd.
    I guess you could do that, while entries are being placed in one week, the voting can continue for another. It would be annoying but might aswell happen ;).

I'm guessing i'll keep a list of signatures in the main thread.
    (Though you guys will have to change the name xD).

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I have a question: does the winner of this SOTW get to participate in the next one as well? I mean, if they could choose the theme, they could as easily pick something that only they're good at, and use that.

Also, I'm assuming that pre-mades (banners made before the contest has begun) are allowed?

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    No, the people who win don't get to compete. I added this to the actual thread a few seconds ago x].
    Doesn't matter though.

And banners before the contest aren't allowed either ;p.
    But unfortunately I cant tell.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Ah, right. Thanks for clearing that up.

I have another question now: what would happen if only one person submitted an entry? It's obvious that we can't make that person win by default, since it doesn't seem too fair to me. I was thinking either the deadline be extended, if there are other people planning to post, or start a completely new one, with a different theme, etc. Er, yeah, I just want to know ^^

Oh, and maybe make it clear that all the discussion should happen here, instead of the actual thread. I get too lazy to check two threads at once xD

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I hope that never happens xP

Thanks for the help again. I'm working on my entry for this week's contest right now ;D

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    A lot of questions so here goes.

Now in the SOTW, can any level of skill, and person pariticipate?
    and if it's ocean theme this week, can a wave be that theme?
    Also, on the voting, is it a poll on a thread or like the MOTM were everyone says it?

And if it's like MOTM voting maybe we should have categorys and then one of winner like
    Best design
    best creativity
    Overall winner

Or something like that, just a thought

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I guess anyone can participate, but if you're a beginner you're just not likely to win.

Or if your banners suck, you're not likely to win either. [/me]

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I guess anyone can participate, but if you're a beginner you're just not likely to win.

Or if your banners suck, you're not likely to win either. [/me]

I dont honestly care about winning, just submitting and even being in it is good for me, even though I know my banner is probably gonna fail anyways. :]

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    A lot of questions so here goes.

1. Now in the SOTW, can any level of skill, and person pariticipate?
    2. and if it's ocean theme this week, can a wave be that theme?
    3. Also, on the voting, is it a poll on a thread or like the MOTM were everyone says it?

4. And if it's like MOTM voting maybe we should have categorys and then one of winner like
    Best design
    best creativity
    Overall winner

Or something like that, just a thought
    1. Persons of any skill level are allowed to join, yes. It's just for fun, so it doesn't matter how good you are.

2. In SOTWs in other forums, the themes are quite strict, for example, if the theme says 'space' it can only be outer space, not aliens or sci-fi stuff. Though, seeing as this forum is a lot less focused on graphics, the range of the themes are probably broader, so waves do count within the theme of 'ocean'. Otherwise, my entry wouldn't count at all, nor would half of the other entries xD

3. The voting will most likely be a simple poll in the thread. But you'd have to clarify that with CheesePeow/one of the moderators o___o

4. Meh, I doubt that categories would be necessary. It would just make things more complicated and stuff.

I hope that helped ^^;;

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Thanks for answering that Shiranui ;d.
    As you said, it probably will be a simple poll. Theres really no other way. (we cant have judges ;d, booooring.)

Also, if it has anything to do with that category do it.
    For instance, if I did Pokemon. A pikachu would be right wouldn't it?
    If I said ocean, a wave is in the ocean right? A pikachi is in Pokemon ;).

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Though technically, there are sound waves and stuff... xDD

Oh, and obviously in the voting, people aren't allowed to vote for themselves, right? So you should put up that thing where you can see who votes, when it's voting time, of course.

And would there be a limit as to what the winner decides for the next theme? I mean, they could just go "-insert anime no one has ever heard of with only one existing, usable image here-" o___o

I post too much here >.>

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Well, no you cant vote for yourself, I thought people would already know that ;d.
    And yes, their would be a limit, i'll take yours for example.

They could do anime?
    They could use a specific render?
    Or they could choose a name of a show.

But of course, it must be popular enough for alot of images to be available.
    I'll only take specific anime such as Bleach, Naruto, Pokemon or something like that, because people know them :).

Hope you get it..

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Couldn't you just make it a rule that you can't choose anime as a theme?

Like, it has to be an theme that's a theme "theme", not a specific thing.

Er.. Did that make sense? @_@;;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back