• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Pokemon.

Years
  • I have no real signature Pokemon in the sense of this thread, I like using a variety. Contrary to this, stands of course, my current (Zombie) Jumpluffism (which was preceded by Magikarpism (Karp is still completely awesome, even after losing that spot), which was preceded by Tyranitarism (this was already quite a while before I was on PC though) and whatnot)

EPIC Shedinja Hollow

Fallen Angel
    Years
  • I've used a Gengar every generation, and will until they stop making games.

I wet myself the first time I made it to Lavender Town and ran into the unidentifiable ghost. I wanted it so bad, but was so happy that I could catch the Gastly that appeared when I re-entered the Tower with my Sliph Scope.

Ever since then, I've always used a Gastly, and import a Gastly egg at the beginning of each game, throwing my starter into a box never to be used again.

I am so beyond stoked that I can finally have an all Ghost team in B/W :D

I too used a Gengar any chance that I got, and I relished the thought of new ghosts for B/W. I was sad to know that I couldn't get Misdreavus in Platinum though. XD I love the ghosts. When I first learned about Giratina, I nearly had a heart attack. XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    I usually like to go through the game multiple times, always using completely different pokemon.

However, whenever I do finish the game using a starter, it's always the fire one. Sometimes I even have multiple fire types on my team just because I love them so much. Charizard is probably my favorite of all, but I like Typhlosion, too. Blaziken is so/so; I like it because it's a fire type, but I'm not a huge fan of how it looks.

Aakeosu

Archaeopteryx
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    Well, I actually have a few. Tyranitar's one that has never found his way off my team, and recently got replaced by another Tyranitar. My signature legendary would have to be Giratina now, the thing fills up the one slot void on my Uber team. The final one is Porygon-Z. The thing's just too underestimated.

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • Swellow. Whenever I play R/S/E(which is very rare), I have a Swellow. It's also my favourite flying type, so that helps.

Years
  • Hmmm my signature Pokemon would be a tough guess since I haven't always had the option of having it in each game I've played. For now, I'll say I don't have one

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I would say Haunter/Gengar. I always end up with one on my team. I would just say Gengar but I can't always evolve it in some games, because of lack of ways to trade.

Same with Kadabra/Alakazam, though I end up with it on my team less often.

And if we are talking the 4th Gen games, definitely Gengar and Alakazam, as I've raised those from egg multiple times, and the ones I finally raised right are a permanent part of my team. :D

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Clefable. Because it's adorable, and pink is the color of true manliness. It makes me very macho, indeed.

Oh, and Swampert. Just 'cause Mudkip is awesome. You know, for obvious reasons.

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • Take a wild, uneducated, completely random guess. :D You'd have to be an ameba not to get it and even then it'd be a pretty silly mistake!

Thing is, I can only really get him in challenges or something, not usually in a proper playthrough of the games themselves... :( (unless it's FR/LG, and even then you'd have to trade for the metal coat)
    I called my first one Ataraxia, and he was absolutely amazing... unfortunately he got stuck at the G/S/C barrier and hasn't really been used for a while... I tend to call some Aries since it pretty much is a god of war, (most people use them for gods of cheapness though... sad face) but I name the really epic ones in some games Ataraxia still. :) I'm going to be trading in a Scyther/Scizor into B&W at the earliest point so we can go through the game together!

Scizor FTW!! xD

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Vaporeon, I love him and he was my second level 100 (first was Dragonite but he didn't have a good moveset.)

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    I'm an avid Espeon user.

Before I began playing with Orre region, I was mainly interested in Milotic.

Now I'm an Espeon, Milotic, and Froslass person. Hee!

Years
  • I have a couple. But the one I had the most on my team was Lopunny (Bonbon) I had trained him mostly to keep his happiness level strong. And after that, he just proved to be a great asset in the team to be able to attack the opponent first.

Ice punch to attack rock, ground and dragon pokemon first and take them out in one shot, two if it's Salamence with Intimidate. Return with normal STAB to increase its effects. Protect to check out what attacks my opponent may have, or if in a tight situation. And possibly change the quick attack (rarely used it except once) to thunder Wave to help the rest of my team =3

Years
  • I have a couple of signature pokemon that are always permanents on my teams.
    Alakazam is one of them.
    Arcanine is the other.
    Both 2 of my favourites of all time.

Radekal

Bone Keeper
    Years
  • I've got a couple of favourites, mainly the "blade" based ones such as Sandslash, Gallade, Scyther, Scizor...

However, when I reach into the depths of my soul (quite sad, I know), two pokemon spring to mind: Cloyster and Marowak

I just love the irony of Cloyster: a smug, arrogant face in a physically indestructible shell, but as soon as you Sp. Attack him, he just flops completely :D

As for Marowak, he's just too cool. I love the idea of the bone which he treats like a sacred weapon. I also think the signature attacks are pretty cool; for me, a Marowak without Bone Club or Bonemerang is not a true Marowak.

I currently have both in Platinum:

Freez the Cloyster, lvl 78, Def 355, Surf - Ice Beam - Spikes - Spike Cannon

Femuroy the Marowak, lvl 57, Attk 125 - Def 177, Bonemerang - Double Edge - Rock Smash - Rock Climb (soon to be Earthquake)

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    My most used Pokemon is my Electivire.

I use it to help in training my other Pokemon, I use it in the BF, I use it against the E4, and I've used it in multiple Wi-Fi Battles.

I wouldn't say it's my signature Pokemon since I use many others, but it's definitely my most used.

Back