• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signs That You May Be Too Much Of A Pokemaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    What would be good signs that people play/watch/see too much Pokemon? This is yet another TSR-inspired topic that I just thought of. If you think of anything, feel free to post it here.

I'll start off with a small list:

You know you're too much of a PokeManiac when:

1: The loss of your Pokemon Cartridges would be considered a major financial blow.

2: You still have the original Red and Blue Versions (that let you start a new data with all of your current Pokemon and items), despite the Coke stains on the instruction booklets.

3: You've made up the entire Pikachu Language, words, letters, and numbers, and you carry on entire conversations in fluent Pikachu, while people simply shake their heads on the street and pass by.

4: You constantly have arguments with your friends regarding what would result if two different species of Pokemon were to mate.

5: You'd give up a winning lottery ticket just to score a critical hit against another Pokemon. And speaking of which:

6: Your big dreams of what you'd do if you won ten million dollars involve turning the living room of your house into a set for a Pokemon Center, turning your backyard into a grass-themed Gym, turning the bedrooms into Pokemon-themed rooms with yours matching Red's from the origional Game Boy game, and hiring actors to dress up as Trainers and getting a scientist to mutate a Pikachu out of your cat, so you can play Pokemon for real. (and parents think kids nowadays can't get a grip on reality...)

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • 7: You have emotionally attached to your Pok?mon in your games.
    8: You have obbessions or even fall in love with the trainers in the game/anime/manga/etc
    9: You try to make your own Pok?mon game.
    10: You're PRETTY sure Pok?mon exist. XD

Abskull

Link's Huggle Thing!^.^
    Years
  • 11. You know all 360 Pokemon and you can say them in order
    12. You can recite all the Pokemon theme songs
    13. You have all the Pokemon games
    14. You can play all the Pokemon games in 2 days

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • 15. You dream that you'll get into an accident that will cause the Real world and Pokemon world to merge into one world and dream of conquering it.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    16. You practically drown yourself in the ocean trying to find Lugia.
    17. You went to Burger king every day in an effort to collect all of those gold trading cards and toys back around teh tiem of the first movie.
    18. ...You did it again with the second BK promotion for Pokemon the Movie 2000.
    19. You actually spent $200+ dollars for a Charizard 1st edition card.
    20. You own EVERY pokemon game, whether you have the system to play it on or not.
    21. You run away from home at the age of 10 on your own "pokemon journey".
    22. ... the story of your run away makes national television.

Sithre

Dark Side Lateralus
    Years
  • When you speak to Gengar, Bannatte etc. In the night in hopes they will bring you another Master ball for that **** Suicine...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    23: You compare the cloning experiments that go on nowadays to the one that gave birth to MewTwo.

24: You can't go 5 minutes without telling a 'there I was battling another Pokemon Trainer...' story.

25: You constantly wonder if the cast of Stargate: SG1 has ever been to the Pokemon world.

26: You make up entire charts of hit probabilities, type-associations, and attack effects in an effort to maximize your chance of winning any Pokemon battle.

27: You go into solitary confinement out of shame every time someone proves you wrong about something in Pokemon, regardless of how trivial it is.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    These are basically taken from the most obsessive things I've done XD

28.You wish the trainers who call you in G/S/C/E would actually talk to you instead of rambling about how they were SO CLOSE to catching that Weedle.

29. You own a limited edition pokemon game boy.

30. You write an essay in school about pokemon.

31. You doodle pokemon in the margins of your school papers.

32. You bring little water pokemon figurines to the public swimming pool to use as "diving rings".

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    34. You wear pikachu underwear around the house.
    35. You tried to invent your own pokemon food.
    36. You called your Mom...Misty.

KaBob

Cheesemaster
    Years
  • 38. You reorganize all your pokemon card's every time you get a new one (and you spend all day doing it because you have like 800)
    39. You have a long list of cheat's but would be ashamed to use one.
    amazingly im barely any of these.. not even this one.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • These are some I'm guilty of
    40 You're working on getting every episode of Pokemon taped even though you have some boxsets of the seasons
    41 You watch pointless fillers and boring episodes all over again just because girl of the day is hot.
    42 Your set up at the big screeen TV in the dark TV room in the basement is a butterfly chair next to a glass of iced tea, some cookies, the cable control and the headphones so you can listen to the Pokemon openings extra loud and sing them, ignoring the eyerolls of your nearby family members.
    43 You say good night and kiss the pictures of your obsession.
    44 You do detailed sketches of you and your obsession whenever you lose the computer with your galleries and you've already cut your fingers up with the scissors out of frustration of the misunderstanding world.
    45 You feel guilty when eating a delicious meal or listening to a good song when you're not around pictures of your obsession because you feel bad she/he's missing the fun.
    Sadly, I'm guilty of all that I posted.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • You Worship Pokemon figurines in your own private shrine

You're favorite colors are Fire Red and Leaf Green.

You believe that one day, scientists will really create pokemon and want to be alive to witness it.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    49: You've actually defeated the Elite Four 50,000,000 times, thinking that the trick actually works.

50: You've made out the entire Grand List of Pokemon Cliches and point out ones you see in every day life, despite the funny looks you get from others around you.

Abskull

Link's Huggle Thing!^.^
    Years
  • 51. When decide to find Pokemon in tall grass, and end up getting ticks X_x
    52. When you dye your pet rat yellow and put Pikachu designs on it, and attach to a wire to make sparks fly out of it (that's just cruel >_<)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back