• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silly Assumptions

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    I used to think that clowns were the evil spirits of hell.

I still do. =(

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I assumed that if I ran fast enough with a broom, I would fly. Came from watching too much Kiki's Delivery Service.

I assumed....that every other girl wore dresses and sometimes I would obnoxiously ask, "Why aren't you wearing your dress today?".

I assumed that the sky went on forever and ever.

I assumed that, if I had a towel and I was stuck in outer space, if I flapped the towel, I would fly.

I never believed in under-the-bed monsters because most of my life, i've slept on a futon. I've always believed in closet monsters (the worst kind!) though, and still do.

I used to think that if I pressed on the printed-on logo of the press (that prints books) on a book that something would happen. I thought it meant press the button. I cried once because nothing would happen when I pressed on the logo.

Something NOT crazy I believe now: One night, earlier last year, I heard a deep, hollow, beautiful music, like no other instrument i'd ever heard of. The sound would occasionally get louder and queter. Gradually, it faded out and I fell asleep. I never heard it again. To this day I think it was dragons calling to me.

Last edited:

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Peach said:
    I assumed that white ponies/horses were girls and brown/grey/balck horses were boys

And that all people around the world can understand Finnish even though they spoke some other languages.

And like the most of the kids in the world, I was so sure that if I dug enough big hole in sandbox I could find way to China. I spend one day digging but nope, it didn't work XD
    I assumed that, but never tried.
    Nothing, I was a pretty practical kid

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • Umm... that they named the Scotia Bank "after me" since my real name is Scott. There was such thing as the Boogyman since I saw a movie of it in daycare. Rambo was a real war hero since he set himself on fire.

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
    Years
  • Peach said:
    And like the most of the kids in the world, I was so sure that if I dug enough big hole in sandbox I could find way to China. I spend one day digging but nope, it didn't work XD

Was I the only one who dug to try and find my way to Australia? My brother and I dug quite a deep hole one day trying to do that XD

LeaderMarina

Prof. Psycho Smily Thrower
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 20, 2009
    When I was little I thought:

Each country was actually a planet, and they were infact, quite flat. A fence would border the planets. I was quite disappointed when my mom showed me a picture of the solar system, and upon asking where "Colombia" was, I learned that we lived on only one round planet.

I also thought that when the moon went through it's phases, the missing part fell down to Earth. I would spend hours searching for it until, on Halloween, my sister pointed out that my theory was, infact, quite wrong.

There's more but I think I've embarrassed myself enough for one day.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • I believed my Mom when she said if I made that face again it would freeze and be stuck like that forever

Draik

Hi.
    Years
  • I believed that cooties were bugs that grew on girl's fingers. Then I saw my sisters finger under a microscope.

I thought that an officer could see you through a computer and arrest you.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I believed the Bible and believed I could get anything I want from God and soon too if I asked Him. :\

I really don't remember many assumptions I made....

Last edited:
    Years
  • I assumed that everything that my sister said was true, and that what was right for her was right for me. I'd do everything she'd do, even if I didn't like it. Like altar serving, which wasn't that great :/

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • lol I assumed the earth was flat because other kids kept saying things like "the edge of the world." Also I assumed the sun was smaller then earth. :\

Back