• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Silver and Paul - Are they the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperfairy

WHAT ARE U LOOKIN' AT?
Years
  • Actually, the default is three question marks.

Actually, the default is Silver, hence his name.

Bulbapedia said:
    Several similarities have been noted between Paul and another rival, Silver. Their personalities are especially similar. Another interesting similarity is that the pose used in Paul's stock art is the same as the pose in a picture of Silver drawn by Ken Sugimori, right down to the angle and position of the hands and feet. Paul has similar taste in Pokémon to the Silver portrayed in Pokémon Special. Both have an Ursaring. Both have also owned a Murkrow at one point, and assuming Paul caught his Weavile as a Sneasel, both have owned a Sneasel at one point.
    All of the Pokémon that Paul has on his team except his Torterra, are part of an evolution family related to Generation II.
    Ursaring was introduced in Generation II.
    Honchkrow, Weavile and Gliscor are Generation IV Pokémon, but evolve from Generation II Pokémon (Murkrow, Sneasel and Gligar, respectively).
    Electabuzz and Magmar were introduced in Generation I, but evolve from Generation II Pokémon (Elekid and Magby, respectively).

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
  • I think Shinji is too much of a little princess with him being a big rip-off.
    All they did was dye Silver's hair, cut it, gave him new clothes, gave him an elder brother, and legally change his name from Kamon/Silver to Shinji/Paul.
    Nothing creative :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Is it just me or does Silver look like a girl in the picture in the first post 0-o

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Actually, the default is Silver, hence his name.

There is no default for the G/S/C rival, he's just called Silver because it goes with the tradition of naming the character of the manga after the game series. Paul and Silver aren't really the same, Paul is just a cheap copy of Silver. Silver > Paul.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • There is no default for the G/S/C rival, he's just called Silver because it goes with the tradition of naming the character of the manga after the game series. Paul and Silver aren't really the same, Paul is just a cheap copy of Silver. Silver > Paul.

Actually, I thought he was called Silver as tradition of the second game to come out. I didn't know about the manga when I realized his name was Silver. It's like, Red was the first game out and the main character, Green in Japan/Blue in the US was second making him the Rival (hence the default name in the games), the third was the girl (though there was no girl character first gen), and so forth for the rest of the games. For third gen, since the girl was the rival, I assumed her name was Sapphire(though you couldn't fit it in the name slot).

Is it just me or does Silver look like a girl in the picture in the first post 0-o
    Yosh! X3 That's the "revamped" vesron of Silver. Its what they were planning to use in the anime, but, of course, the cut him to a two second cameo.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Well both of their attitudes stink, so I think they are the same, so I guessing Paul is Giovanni's son. =]

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    In a way there is a default. If you don't type in a name and click end, it'll be SILVER. (In the Gold game anyway).

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Wow. That's really... quite funny. I mean, that pose is a standard anime pose but that's quite weird, haha. I don't watch the anime much, but I know how much of a jackass Paul is, so yeah, good find!

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Silver and Paul - Are they the same?
    Silver and Paul - Are they the same?

silver and chucky - are they the same?
    irrelivent i know.
    eureka is probably right, but im hoping its a reference to a remake
    silver was the best rival, he was a huge s.o.b
    SILVER IS CHUCKY!!! (DUN DUN DUN!!!)

Lol, but seriously. I somehow doubt Paul is Silver. I'm not sure exactly why, even though there are so many similarities.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
  • okay here is what i think since everyone knows silver is giovanni son team rocket changed his identity to paul so no one would know

eevee00

Prof Oak's Aide
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010

I thought he was a girl when I played Gold for the first time, so I named him after my sister...

Chao

Lurker extraordinaire
    Years
  • Paul was probably based off Silver, but I doubt they're the same person.
    ...I don't see why they didn't just put Silver in the show. :/ He's such a cool character.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • i wonder if they are cousins?
    i just realized! silver hates team rocket, yet giovanni is his father and paul seems to dislike/hate team galactic, so maybe he's cyrus son! maybe cyrus and giovanni are related, you never know...
    if they are related, maybe they both got sneasels for thier birthday, and maybe silver will show up in the anime, like gold and crystal did! (Pokemon Chronicles)

~Aurα

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back