• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Silver VS Gold...which is Better?

What is the Better Version? Silver or Gold?

• Silver version

Votes: 80 53.0%
  • Gold version

Votes: 71 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    I like both versions but if I have to choose between them I would choose Silver since theres Lugia lol.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I prefer crystal, you can get HoOh, and Lugia and 3 dogs.

and Celebi

Years
    I like Pokémon Gold better because you get to catch Ho-oh which is one of my favorite Pokémon ^_^ Also I got my Pokémon Gold version for my 12th birthday and I have kept it ever since.

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    i voted for silver because that was the one i got when they came out but my heart truly lies with crystal it's all the good parts of G/S and then improved on 100%

Years
    My reason for having a favorite amongst these two is not out of pokemon preference, like which pokemon are game exclusive, or which has the better looking sprite graphics. To be honest, I think I just like Silver more because I like the color more. Which is how most people pick which version they play.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
    Woah, I realized how that quote is so incredibly true. You've seriously made me go buy Silver and play it.

No, it's just that he used the wrong word. He was being bias. He had an unreasonable personal opinion. He was not prejudice which is having an opinion with limited or no sufficient knowledge and companied by hostility towards Pokemon Sliver. Although both word are synonyms, both word hold a different context than the other. In this case, the word prejudice was used out of context.

They're both the same game. I don't even know why there is a topic about which one is better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2007
    i only have gold but i wouldve preferred silver. i think i remember that you get both birds in each anyway? but your versions signature one is lvl 40/50 and the other is lvl 70 (much later on in game)?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Gold, think about it, in crystal you have to catch all 3 dogs, then you can get ho-oh, but in gold, you can get ho-oh without having to catch any of the dogs

Back