• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Silver VS Gold...which is Better?

What is the Better Version? Silver or Gold?

• Silver version

Votes: 80 53.0%
  • Gold version

Votes: 71 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2008
    Silver. I loved the graphics better than golds and Aeroblast which you can only get from a silver Lugia is better than sacred fire from a gold Ho-oh.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Hmm....at first, people all started to say Gold was better. Now more people are saying Silver is better....wierd. Good....but wierd.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Yeah, this topic is getting a little old.
    I think most people would agree that Silver is better.
    Well, according to the polls.

Houndoom666

I like mah teem rite nowz. ^.^
    Years
    Gold. I think Gold was cooler cuz I got gold first, and It was like the only think I did for like 6 months. And when I got Silver, I wasnt as impressed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Gold is the more dominant of the two/three. I don't know why. Why weren't you impressed with Silver. There's nothing to not like about it.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    Silver's sprites are way cooler, but Ho-oh is cooler than Lugia, so my heart will always scream "GOLD!"

i always thought lugia was stronger than ho-oh.

its not.

it's actually not so great at attacking. i think gold's sprites are better. after all, crystal's sprites are mostly taken from gold

bitter_doom

im a house elf
    Years
    pokemon silver all the way

i think silver is better because...well ts just that when i got my first pokemon game it was silver.. i was amazed cus i got it from a pawn broker and i had like 700 chicoratias ^_^ but then i didn't know what the hell that was...and then one day i brought it to school and a chinnese kid (no lie) gave me a celebi witch i was wraped cus i knew what that was... AND not to mention tyranitar haha but yeah so thats my vote :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    I liked gold more, because I always go for those colors (red, gold, ruby, pearl)

-Jinx-

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Silver.
    Even though when I acutally played the G/S/C generation games I only had Gold.

Oni Link

~Previously On1 LiN|<~
    Years
    Silver, because although Ho-Oh is ok, I love Lugia.
    at the time I also preferred it because I wanted to be different, thinking that everyone would naturally prefer the more valued metal, Gold. :)

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I'm apologising since I made a fatal error in my previous posts!

Mewtwo42, I'm sorry for misleading you. It turns out that EVs do not exist in RBY and vitamins actually increase a stat by one each time they are used.
    source
    Bulbapedia said:
    In Generation I and Generation II games, vitamins increased a stat by a single point, with a maximum of ten of each vitamin which could be given to a Pokémon.

Sorry!

This is the topic and my post I realised my mistake.

Chibi - Dalgia_X

[Y da hell am i smilin]
    Years
    Silver all the Way for me

Sprites are way better than Gold and Lugia knows Aero Blast in Silver too

so GO SILVER

(Crystal kicks both their asses ^^)

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    I'd have to go with silver, partly because of Lugia, and partly because It was the first one I ever played/owned... Aeroblast rules

Back