• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So Ice Shard isn't that neaded?
    Well, it depends. If you want some more power, you may go with Ice Punch, but beware that now Dragon-types with a Dragon Dance or two can outspeed and KO you first. Ice Shard, on the other hand, gives less power but KOs all the aforementioned Dragons no matter how many DDs they have, unless they hold a Yache Berry.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It should only ever be Ice Shard or Ice punch, both leaves steels laughing in your face. Brick break for the last slot.

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • Is day care rearing hindering to a Pokemon's stats in any way?

I realise the move teaching thing is a pain in the arse, but any other disadvantages...?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Outside of having new moves overwritten? No, there aren't any real downsides. Pokemon in the day care don't gain EVs, but that's not really a 'down' side, per se. :|

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Well it depends when a Mod is online so it can vary greatly!
    And if your thread is not approved, I do not believe you get any warning.
    I think that if it has been a week, make a new thread and hope it gets approved.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
  • Same here.
    I followed the proper format.
    The only thing I'm unsure of is that I added alternative pokemon.
    =[

you should be fine, i think...

and/ heres my question which chansey should i keep?
    all calm..
    19/29/9/29/31/19
    31/9/9/28/29/18 <--this one is currently breeding my next generation
    19/29/29/31/28/18
    19/29/9/29/29/19

Years

• Same here.
    I followed the proper format.
    The only thing I'm unsure of is that I added alternative pokemon.
    =[

Keep in mind that the Mods are busy. Also, there are only 2 Mods for S&M now. D_A lives in a different time zone, so it may take a while.

If it follows the correct format, you should be ok, otherwise, PM a responsible member (you don't have to nag a mod) to show them the RMT if you suspect an issue.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
  • I have a quick question to ask here
    I currently run a SandStorm team on Shoddy.
    So will all of my pokes get the 50% increase on Sp.Def(them being Ttar, Cradily, Garchomp, Skarmory, bronzong, and Foretress)
    So if my Bronzong had 300 Sp.Def, will it get boosted to 450 Sp.Def?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • and/ heres my question which chansey should i keep?
    all calm..
    19/29/9/29/31/19
    31/9/9/28/29/18 <--this one is currently breeding my next generation
    19/29/29/31/28/18
    19/29/9/29/29/19

I'm liking this one the best. It's got a high Def, SDef, and even SAtk. I would shoot for a bit higher HP, though.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I'm starting a new game on my Ruby and was wondering if I could get some help on building an ALL WATER team. I know it's not good to have only one type but I'm doing this for fun! =3
    I was thinking maybe:

Pelipper:
    Ice Beam
    Wing Attack
    Steel Wing
    Shock Wave

Wiscash:
    Amnesia
    Waterfall
    Fissure
    Toxic

Lanturn:
    Charge
    Thunderbolt
    Dive
    Ice Beam

I can't decide on my final 3 pokemon. I chose not to go with Swampert. So I'm thinking maybe Seaking. I also want at least 2 normal types. Not including Slaking.

If anyone knows how to make this team better *with moves or different pokemon* Please lend any advice you may have!

Last edited:

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • What should I do about my Gengar?

Ok my Gengar has this moveset.

Shadow Ball
    Dark Pulse
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

I thought it was a pretty good moveset when I 2HKO'd three of my friends pokemon before being taken down. But when I played WiFi, my Gengar was slower then everything and occassionally got 1hko'D. This means that Rest has become somewhat, useless to me. Do you think I should keep Rest and Sleep Talk, or replace them with something else. Please don't say subsitute because, I really don't see the point of stalling your opponent.

Now the second problem is whether or not I should have Shadow Ball or Shadow Claw. They both have 100 Acc. Shadow Ball does 80 Dmg and Shadow Claw deals 70 Dmg. The reason I am debating this is because Shadow Claw is a faster move than Shadow Ball and it has a high critical-hit ratio.

Your thoughts?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back