• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
  • All stats need to be EV trained. There is no "most important" stat, but Attack is his basic means of offense.

Hm? Well, for some, there is a most important stat, and not all should be EV trained. Ithink you mean that for each poke, a certain stat should be trained. You wouldn't train an SD Luke in defense, hohoho.

Yeah, for Totodile, Attack is primary, speed comes next, unless it can be bulky, I dunno.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Hm? Well, for some, there is a most important stat, and not all should be EV trained. Ithink you mean that for each poke, a certain stat should be trained. You wouldn't train an SD Luke in defense, hohoho.

Yeah, for Totodile, Attack is primary, speed comes next, unless it can be bulky, I dunno.

I know that, but it makes his post confused me. As in only EV train one stat.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Alakazam deserves to be BL?
    I thought it was OU, becasuse i watched him many many times in wifi battles.
    Perhaps people are using it less than before.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Does Big Root increase the amount of Health you steal with Leech Seed?

Big Root increases the HP recovery of draining moves by 30% (i think),and it also works with leech seed, but doesn't affect the actual damage dealt.

It works with:
    absorb
    mega drain
    giga drain
    drain punch
    leech life
    leech seed
    dream eater

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Probably because of a drop in usage.

A pokemon's usage is never a warrent for a tier drop, otherwise Deoxys would be OU and blissey would be uber. If a poke is too strong for a tier, it moves up and stays there until it is deemed fair in that tier again.

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    I'm going to be EV training my Dratini and there's one thing I don't get, how many EV points he gets. Say I kill a starly, thats 1 speed EV and with pokerus he gets 2, with a macho brace or a power item equipped while he has pokerus do I get 3 or 4 EVs?

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    You get:

• 4 EVs with Pokerus and a Macho Brace, (1 EV x 2 [Pokerus] x 2 [Macho Brace])
    • 7 EVs with Pokerus and a Power Item, {(1 EV x 2 [Pokerus]) + 5 [Power Item]}

One more question, does the order I EV train the stats matter? Cause My dratini is lv 7 right now with 4 HP / 91 Speed (Doing 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 Speed build), I didnt start training attack yet, is that going to make his attack lower in the end?

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • No, the stats are the same no matter what, assuming you trained the EVs of course.

One thing that may be helpful is to check the IVs of your pokemon, find the stat that the pokemon will reach when it is of a certain level and use it as a benchmark. Say, you have 252 EVs in Attack on a level 29 Dratini, which has 20 Attack IVs. It should reach 66 Attack, but if it is lower than that you may have less than 252 EVs. If it is higher however, you calculated the IVs wrongly or your game is screwy =/

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Weezing went UU mainly because Fighting-types were dominating the UU Metagame and he's considered one of the best Fighting-type counters in the game.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Well both compliment each other nicely but I would say high defenses would be better because you should only be changing into resisted attacks unless you are suiciding. But the lower should still be not crappy..

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • HP vs Defense stats is best shown via Blissey vs Shuckle, Shuckle dominates Blissey on Defense, but without the HP he ain't lasting long, Blissey on the other hand can survive a few random physical attacks thrown her way, despite her base defence being 10.

I basically believe that it's not only HP and Defense that determine a pokemon's walling capability, but resistances/weaknesses as well. Forretress makes an excellent wall since he only has one weakness, albeit a 4x weakness.

RenviLLe

Spinning around!
    Years
  • Hmm...... somehow, I don't want my pokemon to evolve, but want them to become stronger. What's the best way? The calcium and friends sometimes doesn't do any good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back