• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Jordan is right. My Jolteon has escaped a Dugtrio through the means of Baton Pass.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    sims796 said:
    That's right. Rather, you should just EV train, & level up so they can learn the proper moves.
    Awesomeness. Now I can put all my Pokemon in the pc and start a new team.

Years
    ^ Laugh out loud indeed. Also, the instant lvl. 100 thing is a great way of recording your Pokemon stats and check for IV's. Pop in several baby Pokemon and record stats. These battles are referred to as IV battles.

Jordan.

Years
    sorry for the nooby question but how can a breloom learn spore?

Level up a Shroomish (not a Breloom) to level 54 (FR/LG,R/S/E) or 45 (D/P). People usually breed a male Pokemon in the same egg group that knows Spore with a female Shroomish that knows Spore to get a baby Shroomish that knows Spore. This way, you can evolve Shroomish into Breloom at level 23 without hesitation.

Jordan.

Years
    ..and they all know the move Baton Pass. Usually, they are very quick or have high defenses. Baton Pass can also be used to get out of situations like Mean Look, Block,...etc.

Example 1: Ninjask (Speed Boost raises speed after everyturn)

Turn 1:
    Ninjask used Protect
    Ninjask protected itself from the foe's Fire Blast
    Ninjask's Speed was raised by Speed Boost
    Turn 2:
    Ninjask used Baton Pass
    Trainer sent in Metagross wtih Speed raised by one level.

Example 2:
    Turn 1
    Gliscor used Sword Dance, Attack Sharply Raised
    Foe used Fire Fang, Gliscor survived
    Turn 2
    Gliscor used Baton Pass
    Player sent in Heracross with Attack Sharply raised.

Jordan.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    ..and they all know the move Baton Pass. Usually, they are very quick or have high defenses. Baton Pass can also be used to get out of situations like Mean Look, Block,...etc.

Example 1: Ninjask (Speed Boost raises speed after everyturn)

Turn 1:
    Ninjask used Protect
    Ninjask protected itself from the foe's Fire Blast
    Ninjask's Speed was raised by Speed Boost
    Turn 2:
    Ninjask used Baton Pass
    Trainer sent in Metagross wtih Speed raised by one level.

Example 2:
    Turn 1
    Gliscor used Sword Dance, Attack Sharply Raised
    Foe used Fire Fang, Gliscor survived
    Turn 2
    Gliscor used Baton Pass
    Player sent in Heracross with Attack Sharply raised.

Jordan.

Or Vaporeon.

Example #2: Vaporeon Used Substitute, The opponent used (Instert move here). The Substitute took damage for Vaporeon. especially it has max hp, (404). Vaporeon used Baton pass.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    1. How many stages does the Salace Berry raise your Speed?

2. If my Pokemon held a Life Orb at 317 Attack, would 412 be it's new attack?

Years
    1. How many stages does the Salac Berry raise your Speed?

A single stage

2. If my Pokemon held a Life Orb at 317 Attack, would 412 be it's new attack?

Yep, so long as it still hold a Life Orb. (It could be 413 though, since some stat values always round up when in decimal, although it wouldn't make much of a difference).

Answers in quote.

Jordan.

Sr E

Jr. Trainer
    Years
    I remember reading somewhere that it was best to begin EV training at level 100. However, I doubt this is true, so, what is a good level to begin EV training?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    EV training at level 100? Yeah, NEVER believe stuff like that. Start EV training right away, ALWAYS, or your poke will have unwanted EVs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back