• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    I think he means if he Rare Candies to lvl 100. If you do go for it I guess. As for Mothim, what role do you want it as?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    No, rare candies cripple pokemon if you don't use them at the correct time...don't rare candy train, it's lazy anyways.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Yeah, Haze will change all stat changes, whther positive or negative. By Phazing, if you mena Roar or Whirlwind then no. The only to switch out and pass down stat changes is Baton Pass. Switching out by any other means will elimnate all changes in stats.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    How do you check IVs for your Pokemon?

its easiest to check them right after they hatch u...

1)write down stats at lvl 1
    2)do a wifi battle w/ friend at lvl 100 w/ the poke u want to check
    3)Write down stats at lvl 100
    4)plug in those numbers into an IV calculator

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    If you're working with level 1, fresh-bred Pokemon, try this. Get a lot of Rare Candies (24 is a good number) and feed it to the poke. You want the poke to be at least level 25. Now, plug the stats into an IV Calculator, as well as the level and Nature, and hit 'Calculate Individual Values'. This'll give you a rough estimate of what your Pokemon's IVs are. If you're short on Rare Candies, try the cloning glitch in Emerald to get more. This also works with newly-caught Pokemon, as long as their EVs are 0 (You don't have to give them Rare Candies if they're over lv 25).

If you're working with Pokemon that you've used a lot over the course of the game, that have been with you through thick and thin, it gets a bit tougher, because unless you've kept a detailed record of every Pokemon you've ever fought, you're screwed. EVs factor into stats, and unless you know what they are, it's impossible to tell what a poke's IVs are.

Sr E

Jr. Trainer
    Years
    If I can already find what the IVs are from a lvl 100 battle, then what is the point in recording the lvl 1 stats?

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
    Are you talking abot metalkid's calculator? You write down the stats that you have FOR EACH LEVEL. What I do is give say...my lvl 1 mudkip an exp. share and kill something to get it's lvl up to 10 without gaining a lot of EVs. This is the best way to calculate IVs if you can't arrange an IV battle.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Where can I get a Hidden Power TM in Sinnoh?

In the Trainer's School in Jubilife. There are two Trainers there, and you have to defeat both of their Abras.

..Now if you don't own an AR just use metalkid's IV calculator >_>

https://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/OnlineProgram/Calculators/IV.aspx

Er, who said anything about an AR? I said the Emerald cloning glitch.

Of course, if you can easily arrange a level 100 battle, the point is rather moot, as that'll give you exact results. But the Rare Candy trick + LP or Serebii's IV calculator is fast, easier way, in my opinion. Of course, this method gives less accurate results, but hey...

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    If by phaze you mean Haze, then no. Haze eliminates all stat changes to everyone of the Pokemon on the field.

Jordan.
    No, he means Phaze, as in Pseudo-Haze, which is also known as using Roar or Whirlwind. And to answer the question itself, all stat changes are eliminated when a Pokémon is switched out, hence the name "Pseudo Haze."

Years
    No, he means Phaze, as in Pseudo-Haze, which is also known as using Roar or Whirlwind. And to answer the question itself, all stat changes are eliminated when a Pokémon is switched out, hence the name "Pseudo Haze."

I was just thinking about the question this morning and I remembered Pseudo. I've always seen the term used PHaze, P-Haze, or PseudoHaze together, so that was a little confusing.

Jordan.

Years
    What is Milotic mainly used for in competitive battling? (sweeping, walling etc)

It's high Sp. Def and Ability makes it a sponge (Both a Physical and Special Wall). Milotic's ability Marvel Scale increases Defense with a status infliction, so Burn/Flame Orb is usually the hold Item. Leftovers also works well with a Milotic. Put all EVs in its 2 Defenses and HP with some left for Sp. Attack.

Jordan.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah, I'd max out milo's HP or get darn close...and I actually prefer esttalk milotic, or the hardly used but still potent mirror coat milotic. Bold nature is the best in almost all cases.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back