• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    There ya go, that's the gospel truth.

Jordan.

So much for my 'Monster Shuckle' theory... as well as the $300k I spent on coins to buy the Gyro Ball TM.

Maybe I'll put Toxic back on.

EDIT: Or, maybe I can try some sort of sick combo of Power Trick and Gyro Ball... if Shuckle could learn Curse, ooh, he could be such a monster...

EDIT 2: Okay, no +Attack moves... maybe I can use some sort of Baton Passer? Hmm...

EDIT 3: Oh! Substitute! Maybe I can Substitute, Power Trick, and then use Gyro Ball... that could work!

... I should stop writing my every thought in this post.

Last edited:
    Years
    So much for my 'Monster Shuckle' theory... as well as the $300k I spent on coins to buy the Gyro Ball TM.

Maybe I'll put Toxic back on.

EDIT: Or, maybe I can try some sort of sick combo of Power Trick and Gyro Ball... if Shuckle could learn Curse, ooh, he could be such a monster...

EDIT 2: Okay, no +Attack moves... maybe I can use some sort of Baton Passer? Hmm...

Acupressure have a chance of +Attack (though it could increase evasion so I wouldn't use it competitively).

SwordPass Gliscor = love (especially if you run some sort of SandStorm team with Gliscor and Shuckle)

Jordan.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2007
    Just a question to make 100% sure i understand this..Um if i wanted my Pokemon to have good Attack and Speed IVs, What would be the Perfect or Good IV's? can someone provide me with an example thanks :)

Also, are Pokemon born with their Natures? and how do you know what natures are good for which Pokemon?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Just a question to make 100% sure i understand this..Um if i wanted my Pokemon to have good Attack and Speed IVs, What would be the Perfect or Good IV's? can someone provide me with an example thanks :)

Also, are Pokemon born with their Natures? and how do you know what natures are good for which Pokemon?

The max possible value for an IV is 31. 26-31 are good values to shoot for.

For the natures, the only way to pass them down is to give the female (or Ditto) an Everstone, which gives a 50% chance of the offspring having the mother's nature. Outside of that, though, it's completely random.

Last, you have to decide for yourself what Nature is good for your Pokemon, based on what stats you think it needs. Every Nature boosts the growth rate of one stat, and stunts the groth of a different one. For example, if you wanted to make a physical sweeper, you might want an Adamant Nature to boost Attack, or a Jolly Nature to boost Speed (He wouldn't be using Special Attacks much, so it doesn't matter if that's lowered). To know what Nature does what, look at this chart here.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2007
    Oh ic noww , What level do Pokemon have to be til you can see their MAXED out IV's?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Ideally, L100, because your total stat is based on what it would be at L100, divided by your current level. IV calculators give you a good idea of what your IVs are, but the higher level the Pokemon is, the more accurate the calculation, mostly due to rounding errors and so on.

Years
    Just put lvl 1 pokes in a lvl 100 wi-fi battle, write down their stats and then d/c. Then use an IV calculator.

Can someone give me a Manaphy moveset?

Manaphy @ Damp Rock/Leftovers
    -Modest
    -Rain Dance(If you want another Rain Dancer, give RD and the Damp Rock to them)/ Energy Ball/ Grass Knot/ Substitute
    -Rest (Instant Full Restore with Hydration and Rain)
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam

Oh ic noww , What level do Pokemon have to be til you can see their MAXED out IV's?

IV's are determined the moment you caught the Pokemon or received the egg. The higher the IV's are, the faster your Pokemon grows and higher its maximum stat.

EDIT: Maybe I missed the point and responded incorrectly.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 26, 2008
    whats a pokemon that can learn toxic, confuse-ray, thunder-wave, ANY DRAGON MOVE

2nd question
    would my breloom heal like crazy over time if..
    breloom was holding lefties w/trait; poison heal
    then i cast toxic on it (only for double battles)
    and as toxic become stronger over time will my breloom then heal like crazy....

sry if it didnt make sense its cause im on my wii XD

Years
    Also, is subbing down on Houndoom to activate a salac berry a good idea?

I was never too fond of SubSalac low defenses due to the fact that it probably will be down to near 0 once the opponent manage to hit it with a powerful attack + Substitute.

Arcanine used ExtremeSpeed
    Houndoom has 6% of HP left.

Houndoom used Substitute
    But it failed.

Jordan.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    WAILORD ON SKITTY ACTUN! lol. Can anyone give me a Houndoom moveset? I'm willing to breed for HP ice. Also, is subbing down on Houndoom to activate a salac berry a good idea?

Houndoom@Focus Sash
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    -Flamethrower
    -Dark Pulse
    -HP Ground
    -Nasty Plot

My Houndoom <3... HP Ground so it covers more types (Infernape, Blaziken, Empoleon, Heatran, Probopass, Aggron, Poliwrath... these resist his two STABs, HP Ground covers all these super effectively, except for Poliwrath and Probopass if it uses Magnet Rise)

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Ok, I'm having a slight dilema on the stats of my Brozong. NOT the EV, but how the stats look after the EV & IV. I'll place the EV's & IV's and how the max stat looks after my calculation.

EV/IV

HP: 252/27
    ATK: 82/16
    DEF: 176/16
    SP.ATK: 0/2
    SP.DEF: 0/22
    SPEED: 9/21

Now, after I calculate EV's & IV's, I get these stats

HP:334
    ATK:219
    DEF:332
    SP.A:165
    SP.D:259
    SPEED:92

I won't go into detail how I did the calculations-unless requested-but those are the stats I get. Are those good for this set?

Brozong
    Nature:Relaxed
    Gyro Ball
    Explosion
    Stealth Rock
    Light Screen

Are those stats good for that set? Also, he is meant to be a wall, but I wan't a strong Gyro Ball.

EDIT:Whoops, made a slight error in calculations. I fixed it.

Last edited:

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
    A Question on Roost: I know from experience that when Roost is used, Ground moves can hit Flying Pokemon, and a friend told me that it also causes Rock moves to do neutral damage.

So if Roost was used by the likes of say, Salamence, and then the opponent used Ice Beam. Would Salamence still take 4x damage or would Roost cancel out the Flying part of the weakness?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back