• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    OK, guys, for a Physical Wall, who is better: Magnezone, or Skarmory? I'm using Magnezone, even though it's defense is lower. Why? Because my team lacks Special Power. (Don't look at the Trainer Card, it's not up-to-date). So....who should I use?

Umm... Magnezone can't wall at all. It's main purpose lately has been making it a Skarmblissy killer. So you should run Skarmory as it's a physical wall, spiker, and PHaser.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Skarm doesn't survive Bolt-Beam, because of the "Bolt" part, but gets Shed Shell to counter Magnezone. On the other hand, Magnezone traps Skarm, (which can roost and lol, because it gets rid of the Thunder Weakness, and can survive with Shed Shell, recovery while getting rid of It's Weakeness, nice) and Thunderbolts her. Well, I'm >3'ing Skarm on this one. >3.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    Skarm doesn't survive Bolt-Beam, because of the "Bolt" part, but gets Shed Shell to counter Magnezone. On the other hand, Magnezone traps Skarm, (which can roost and lol, because it gets rid of the Thunder Weakness, and can survive with Shed Shell, recovery while getting rid of It's Weakeness, nice) and Thunderbolts her. Well, I'm >3'ing Skarm on this one. >3.

Alright, but are there any other good physical walls with good special attack?

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Alright, but are there any other good physical walls with good special attack?

If you ue the Chlorophyll Set on Smogon with Exeggutor, (also Uber Exeggurtor, and Choice exeggutor) thne it becomes a Wall, and a Special Attacker. Smogon says, off all the Chlorophyll Pokemon, Exeggutor has the highest Special Attack. I'm >3'ing the Cholorphyll Set because of that. >3.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hmmm....is CM good on a Physical Wall? The Sp Atk boost is nice, but the Sp. Def............?

In some exceptions like Slowbro, (who is seriously a better Physical Wall with base 80 Special Defense, and that nifty 110 Def) it is. edit: @ Shirashi, that's the first thing that came to mind with me. 0_o

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    So what would be a good nature, move pool, and ev spread for a sceptile, with this stratagey?

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    OK then.
    Surf
    Thunder Wave
    CM
    Slack Off

Also, how 'bout Omastar?

Or Glaceon?

1.) Omastar is letdown by his rather shallow attacking movepool and his terrible typing. 2.) He can't learn CM, x.x If he did, it would be revolutionized, and everyone would be abusing it. But he does have quite the huge Defenese and Special Attack. 3.) As saif above, Glaceon can't learn Cm. x.x But the marvelous Special Attack is nifty. 4.) Yes, Glaceon is a niche pokemon that has the potetential to downright devastating in certain situations, to be sum it up. 5.) Overall, both of them are really great pokemon, and have the potential to be great, while getting away from using the Standards, but if you want to follow by your Rules, go Slowbro, or like I was first thinking and Shiraishi said, go Cressilia.

Years
    OK then.
    Surf
    Thunder Wave
    CM
    Slack Off

Also, how 'bout Omastar?

Or Glaceon?

One offensive move? I'd replace Twave with something like Grass Knot or HP Electric.

And I wouldn't use any of those Pokemon for a wall. Omastar has bad typing to focus on the defensive side of battle and only really does well in a Rain Dance team. Glaceon is also bad as a wall as she has a weakness to SR.

flamehaze94

Jeste!
    Years
    Nononononononono.

Slowbro is never a special wall. CM is there so it can boost its special attack attack to hit harder, and respectable special defense so it can tank both sides of the quadrant. Suicune is the same way.

Like a Curslax for example. It is a special wall yet, it Curses. See?

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    One offensive move? I'd replace Twave with something like Grass Knot or HP Electric.

And I wouldn't use any of those Pokemon for a wall. Omastar has bad typing to focus on the defensive side of battle and only really does well in a Rain Dance team. Glaceon is also bad as a wall as she has a weakness to SR.

For the record, CMCune has only one move, (sometimes two because of prefrence, but mostly one) and does fine. So do you think Slowbro will have any problems? It's almost too simular, with a recover move and CM...

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    so what if its slow w/ a few clam minds slobro will be taking minimum damge from everythign and returnig them w/ powerful sp Attacks, speed isn't everything.

Um. What FlareBlade said. Slowbro Isn't a Sweeper. And heck, just run Slowking with Trick Room if you want that.

Years
    For the record, CMCune has only one move, (sometimes two because of prefrence, but mostly one) and does fine. So do you think Slowbro will have any problems? It's almost too simular, with a recover move and CM...

But Roar is usually there to cause damage because of Spikes or SR, so I consider it an offensive move. And if Slowbro doesn't have something like HP Electric or Grass Knot, Gyarados can come in and set up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back