• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Yeah, I was thinking that it needed more defensive power. What about SD?

Hold on...that isn't even max EVs.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    WTF ??

DD Tyranitar is a sweeper, therefore needs no frikkin defense and max Speed and Att, use simple logic based on what its common switch ins are and what speed it needs to run to outspeed threats, by looking at previous posts nobody did that (apart from Lex Rextron), which is rather sad.

Tyranitar@Leftovers
    JOLLY NATURE
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    - Crunch / Stone Edge
    - Taunt / Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance

Hi i outspeed max speed Timid Gengar, Starmie, HP Fighting Azelf after a single Dragon Dance who owns me otherwise as Lex Rextron said. I need no def or HP evs as i have naturally high Hp and def and it wont help me one bit against my standard switch ins.

IT Basically NEEDS JOLLY, Adamant nature is lol on T-tar

Crunch and Earthquake provide excellent coverage.

Taunt so you can be phazed, statused, statted up on etc and most importantly make Skarmory set up fodder

Stone Edge can placed where Crunch is but you get walled by Claydol and Bronzong.

Ice Beam can also be placed where taunt is as it does more to things that want to wall it such as Hippowdon, Donphan, Gliscor and the like.

Last edited:

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Adamant is the vote I'm giving away. Seriously, even if it doesn't outspeed, it has the Defenses to survive, 110 Def and 100 SDef, anyone?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Adamant is the vote I'm giving away. Seriously, even if it deosn't outspeed, it has the Defenses to survive, 110 Def and 100 SDef, anyone?

Nasty Plot Hidden power Fighting Azelf anyone ?

Gengar Focus Blast anyone ?

Choice Specs Starmie Hydro pump / Grass knot Anyone ??

Close Combat Infernape ??

It needs max speed and Jolly or you get lol'd at by the above pokemon.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Now DDtar don't need max speed an jolly. Some variants use that, it depends on what you use. Some go for just all-out power and don't care if they are outsped really, which are the adamant ones that run similar to Gyarados...if I remember correctly. I'd have to check, as I'm not totally sure, but I could have sworn that adamant was most common on DDtar ;)

EDIT: That above post is quite enchanting...*shudders* Of course, you can always switch out, though it does defeat the purpose. Keep in mind DDtar is strictly for late'game sweeping.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Now DDtar don't need max speed an jolly. Some variants use that, it depends on what you use. Some go for just all-out power and don't care if they are outsped really, which are the adamant ones that run similar to Gyarados...if I remember correctly. I'd have to check, as I'm not totally sure, but I could have sworn that adamant was most common on DDtar ;)

Yep. Thanks for that, Anti-Pop.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    ???

I wasn't taking either "side" of this argument. DA has had a very strong argument, I kind of agree with him :/ I guess I suck at wording things.

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    So, what EVs should I place? I don't like the sound of a Choice Specs Starmie....

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yep. Thanks for that, Anti-Pop.

???

I wasn't taking either "side" of this argument. DA has had a very strong argument, I kind of agree with him :/ I guess I suck at wording things.

Sorry if i was slightly harsh in my last post, im in no mood today.

But my point is true, why should i have to switch out of these pokemon ? with the max speed or Jolly they are no longer a problem.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Sorry if i was slightly harsh in my last post, im in no mood today.

But my point is true, why should i have to switch out of these pokemon ? with the extra speed or Jolly they are no longer a problem.

Which yeah, in my edit, I did mention :P Switching out defeats the purpose. The one thing you can say is that DDtar is for late-game sweeping. the entire point is to take out counters and then dominate the opposition. I guess it depends on what pokemon your team already coulters as to what variant you use, and there are quite a lot actually :0

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back