• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Okay, any more questions? I actually have one myself...Who lost the most power in 4th gen and who gained the most power?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Zam? I though he lost the elemental punches...Zam rocked with those. I though flareon sucked anyways in 3rd gen too.

Rayl

Moonlight Trainer
    Years
    This has Finally been Stickied Eh? well at least know some people will get to read it. the ones that actually read them. (sticky's). this will be Useful now. btw, use Moonlight on that set somewhere. Umbreon isn't Exactly the best Pokemon to use though, sadly to say.[/B][/I][/B]

my friends play pokemon. they're not all that good really.
    My umbreon on Leafgreen had leftovers with;

Confuse Ray
    Toxic
    Moonlight
    then i just alternated the last move.

they could never even kill umbreon :S which was always funny. ^^

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024

Confuse Ray
    Toxic
    Moonlight

Yeah, Leftovers is the Best Item for Umbreon. btw, i wasn't even that good at Pokemon until i figured out about all these sites. Umbreon has Lost it's lost it's use in 4th Gen due to Close Combat, and all these New Attacks severely Reducing it's Walling Cabalites. in third gen however, it makes a pretty good wall. but doesn't have a very good movepool, and it still doesn't in 4th genaration. that's why it's Rarely Used anymore in 4th Gen. but Players who are Not Experinced, Such as your Friends. My Old Friend Ricky didn't even Care about Natures/Movesets and all that Techinal Stuff, he even thought there was such a thing as a Cheerful Nature in R/S/E. I could beat kids like that. Just read my sig, i'm willing to breed for decent Iv's. I wouldn't be scared/crying if i lost to your friends or mine, i'd just be thinking to myself i'm doomed/ can't belive i lost. After all, it does take skill to win. And they don't have it. I'd also faint, and therfore would have to go to the Hospital. It's like having a heart attack/Getting Ran over by an Ambulance. Got anymore questions anyone? We're happy to help.

Last edited:

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013

Confuse Ray
    Toxic
    Moonlight

Umbreons now gone a bit easy to kill in the 4th generation... a Megahorn from Rhyperior, or Heracross, a Close Combat from Inernape, Heracross, or Staraptor etc.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Movesets/EV stuff for BP Umbreon and Ninjask would be fantastic.

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: Can't remeber but someone knows
    ~Mean Look
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Toxic
    ~WISH

I'm pretty sure that's it. Use mean look and BP it to someone who has a good type matchup on the pokemon who is trapped.

EDIT: Wish is usually in confuse ray's place. Sorry on the mistake. Copy and Pasted from page two, as for ev's 252 Hp/252defense/4 Special Defense. Not sure on Special Defense, but Umbreon want's to be able to take hit's. like said before, Umbreon doesn't have much of a Movepool. so if you don't like using this set, there probably isn't anything else you can use.

Last edited:
    Years
    Thanks. I think I actually asked the same question yesterday but hey, oh well. =D
    Better here so people can see it right? ^____^

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    I have a question about breeding with the Everstone. Im breeding a relicanth for an Impish Nature, and I caught an Impish Male, but he had the wrong ability. So if I give him the Everstone, will I probably get an Impish one?

And if my Pokemon has a face on its page after getting Pokerus, I know it still gets double EVs, but what about using EXPshare?

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I have a question about breeding with the Everstone. Im breeding a relicanth for an Impish Nature, and I caught an Impish Male, but he had the wrong ability. So if I give him the Everstone, will I probably get an Impish one?

And if my Pokemon has a face on its page after getting Pokerus, I know it still gets double EVs, but what about using EXPshare?
    i think it was the first/second page, but i'll copy and paste it. Give it to a female pokemon or ditto and breed and there's a 50/50 chance the pokemon with the everstone's nature will match the nature of the baby pokemon. Exp.Share doesn't double ev's or anything, but if you switch out to a different pokemon it will gain the same ev's as the first pokemon you had out. more here, https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/hp.shtml and third Gen, https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/hp.shtml that's how you find out how much Ev's the pokemon you were fighting gives.

Years
    Another question that you'll most likely be able to answer Itachi. Much questions from me most likely today because I'm trying to learn the whole EV/IV thing. When I hatch a Pokemon at it's at lvl 1 what do I do from there? Do I want to go start the training with him as my first Pokemon and fight or do I put exp share (or whatever it is) on him and switch to a stronger Pokemon?

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    And whats the best berry for evolving Feebas, and where do i find it?
    Wiki Berry, that's the Berry you're looking for. azupanda, i would put the Exp.Share on, as a level one pokemon won't even harm the pokemon on route 201. because the pokemon are there are levels 2-3.

Last edited:

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Thnx, oh crap, I suck with Poffins... OH WHY DID POKEBLOCKS EVER GET REMOVED! CRUEL WORLD! And Calm Milotic, right?

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Thnx, oh crap, I suck with Poffins... OH WHY DID POKEBLOCKS EVER GET REMOVED! CRUEL WORLD! And Calm Milotic, right?
    Calm, Bold, or Modest. Milotic can do those things good. some things you can consider are reading this Milotic Thread, https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=96689 I think that when your using Bold, it's Role is still Special Walling. even though your increasing Defense, not Special Defense. Calm, still Special Wall. Modest, it can do a decent Job as a special Sweeper. But Milotic does Special Walling best. Use,

Milotic @:Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    Bold Nature
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Rest
    Sleep Talk. or,

Milotic @:Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    Bold Nature/Calm Nature
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Rest
    Hypnosis/Mirror Coat. Don't worry about the last set, Milotic' a Bulky Water, and probably will able to take hit's while the Rest goes on for 2 turns. btw, don't switch out when using Rest. otherwise, Rest it doesn't count as Rest, and the Pokemon could wake anytime. not just 2 turns. i experinced this on Netbattle. Btw, they made Cloning harder then it was. becuase it's actually risky to do in Dp. Very Risky. I think Cloning was Easiest to do in G/S/C.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back