• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miya902

Twitch Streamer
    Years
    shanecdavis said:
    When you say it doesn't work, are you expecting something to happen? You type in LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL and the Mystery Gift option is activated. That said, the only thing that happens is you are able to share the Eon Ticket.

Well it never activated it. It doesn't say on the start menu "Mystry Evemt"

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
    Gym Leader Miya said:
    Well it never activated it. It doesn't say on the start menu "Mystry Evemt"

Divisible by Waffle said:
    The "Link Together With All" only works at the PokeMart Questionnaire and unlocks Mystery Gift, which allows you to recieve things like the Aurora Ticket at events, not Mystery Event, which allows you to scan E-Cards onto your game.

To unlock Mystery Event, go to the man in the Petalburg Pokemon Center after beating Norman, and enter the phrase. "MYSTERY EVENT IS EXCITING"

This will unlock it. Good luck!

Emerald has both Mystery Gift (Aurora/Mystic Tickets and Old Sea Chart, through official events) and Mystery Event (E-Cards). You are trying to activate Mystery Gift when what you want is Mystery Event.

OH, AND A QUESTION OF MY OWN:

I have been looking some time for an IV calculator; I am getting ready to build my "dream team" and I want to be assured that I'm getting good Pokemon for it. There was an old one by some Meowth fellow, but it seems to have gone by the wayside. Does anyone know of any good IV calculators that I could use for this purpose?

Last edited:

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Okay, 1--the Deoxys thing is COMPLETELY false. It's not a factor of "no one knows if it works or not," it doesn't work. At all.

The number of launches shows the number of weeks you've been playing your game, and that's it. No Deoxys, no Jirachi, no going into space. Sorry.

Second, Emerald (at least the English Emerald) isn't compatible with the e-reader, so you can not get "Mystery Event" on it. The ONLY thing you can get is Mystery Gift, which is by putting in "Link Together With All" as previously stated.

Once you put that on the form and "submit" it, someone in the Pokemon Center should comment to you about it. Then save and you should have the option once the Wireless Adapter is in your game. Also keep in mind that this is not the same Mystery Gift as G/S/C--you can NOT use it with other games, only with Wonderspots.

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
    trjessie579 said:
    Second, Emerald (at least the English Emerald) isn't compatible with the e-reader, so you can not get "Mystery Event" on it. The ONLY thing you can get is Mystery Gift, which is by putting in "Link Together With All" as previously stated.

Once you put that on the form and "submit" it, someone in the Pokemon Center should comment to you about it. Then save and you should have the option once the Wireless Adapter is in your game. Also keep in mind that this is not the same Mystery Gift as G/S/C--you can NOT use it with other games, only with Wonderspots.
    Oh yeah, sorry about that. I've been playing Emerald and Sapphire together so much lately, it can get difficult to remember the exact specifics of which version has what sort of Mystery. x.x;;

Also, it is in Pokemarts, not Pokemon Centers. That could get very frustrating if you didn't know.

Phaizar

Master Trainer
    Years
    you know feebas yeah right you do...if a pokemon eg magikarp pops up on that tile does that mean it is not a feebas tile?

ta in advance

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Team Magma Admin Sean said:
    you know feebas yeah right you do...if a pokemon eg magikarp pops up on that tile does that mean it is not a feebas tile?

ta in advance
    I think that the Feebas tiles change every time you move.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

No, the 6 Feebas tiles are randomly set each time you start a new game. The only sure way to change them is to change the Trendy Phrase in Dewford Town. I've heard some people say that the tiles also change if you walk around for long enough, but it's hard to prove that.
    Also, just because you fish once on a tile and don't find Feebas, doesn't mean it isn't there. On a Feebas tile, Feebas only appears about 50-60% of the time. That means you should fish around 3 or 4 times on each tile to be positive that there is no Feebas there.

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Divisible by Waffle said:
    Oh yeah, sorry about that. I've been playing Emerald and Sapphire together so much lately, it can get difficult to remember the exact specifics of which version has what sort of Mystery. x.x;;

Also, it is in Pokemarts, not Pokemon Centers. That could get very frustrating if you didn't know.

You're right, sorry. x_x Not paying enough attention to what I'm typing... XD

sleazel

Sleazy Sneasel Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    k with emerald if i turn my game boy on & of while in one patch of grass will i suddenly see my latias & make it all easier for myself - or am i just wasting time?

Phaizar

Master Trainer
    Years
    wasting tome - deffo - i have tried that A MILLION times - it does not work... - Latias WILL say away from you...

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    sleazel said:
    k with emerald if i turn my game boy on & of while in one patch of grass will i suddenly see my latias & make it all easier for myself - or am i just wasting time?

That's just a useless waste of time.

Turning your game on and off doesn't affect the gameplay, but.. entering a building and exiting does..so you can go to a grass patch right next to a building and await until Latias comes to your location, then you can go ahead and look for it.

sleazel

Sleazy Sneasel Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    many thanks - i had some moron in another forum tell me to do that

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2017
    Is there any easier ways to catch shiny pokemon, other than just go around looking for one until one appears? =[

Phaizar

Master Trainer
    Years
    Agent9 said:
    Yes, get $30. Goto Gamestop. Buy a G/S/C game. Goto Lake of Rage.

Voila.
    heh - thats funny. Or you could go on eBay and get one cheaper than 30$ and then you go to the Lake Of Rage

ak.47_gunner

Suffer The Consequences
    Years
    Hey....

Seen Latias for the first time... too bad I didn't have any pokemon with sleep powder... or something of that nature... I was walking around route 121... and all the sudden it popped up I was like omg!! I better catch this... but guess what! I didn't, It fled... I was so pissed... so now I'm walking around with Wobbufet as my 1st pokemon... so it can't escape from me...

And I also have a question... That way to catch Lati@s... that they have posted... using go to bike path, go into building.. use max repel... go to grass....

Why use Max Repel?? Would'nt that keep Lati@s away also??? This is weird... let me know? Very confused by that...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back