• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Actually, this feature IS in the English Emerald, and you can find your "phrase" (actually a random string of letters) by going to this website:

https://www.filb.de/games/emerald/word.php?lang=2

In the Japanese version, there was an online "fan club" you could join, and you just input your ID number and it would give you the phrase, which you told to the girl's father in order to get a wallpaper for your PC. The English game didn't really do much with it, but the people who made the website somehow figured it out, and you can still get a wallpaper of your choice using it.

WaywardSon

the "old school" youngster
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    Hi there
    Is there a place where I can get a list of the EV's the pokemon give you. Like what EV's a, say, Charizard would give if you battled it.
    Also, how do you give a pokemon a vitamin. It tells me the item won't have any effect…
    Thanks

Sorry, I posted in the wrong spot. I am referring to FireRed/LeafGreen, not Ruby/Sapphire.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    We the second question, it says that it won't have ny effect because you have used up all your EV's.

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
    WaywardSon said:
    Hi there
    Is there a place where I can get a list of the EV's the pokemon give you. Like what EV's a, say, Charizard would give if you battled it.
    Also, how do you give a pokemon a vitamin. It tells me the item won't have any effect…
    Thanks

Sorry, I posted in the wrong spot. I am referring to FireRed/LeafGreen, not Ruby/Sapphire.
    Yay 500 posts!

To answer you're second question, here's a site that shows some of the best places to EV train. I'm sorry I couldn't find a complete list, but anyway: https://www.psypokes.com/dex/evtraining.php?id=firered

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Serebii lets you search for what Pokemon give what EVs, here:

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml

Just choose the stat.

You can not use a Vitamin when a Pokemon has at least 100 EVs in the stat the Vitamin raises, whether those 100 EVs were gained from Vitamins (which give 10 EVs each) or battling.

Phaizar

Master Trainer
    Years
    can you trade with gsc? if not - how do you get them EXCLUDING A CHEATING DEVICE!

ta in advance

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You CANNOT trade GSC games with FRLG or RSE. The only way to get the legendaries that you cannot get in FRLG/RSE is at a Nintendo Event or trade with someone online that has one, or if you are lucky like me, buy a used game with one on it. Good luck!

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
    You can get most of the non-legendary Johto Pokemon on FR/LG. The ones you can't get are found in the safari zone extension on Emerald after you defeated the Elite 4. You also get the Johto starters after you complete the Hoenn Dex (excluding Deoxys and Jirachi), but you can only have one.

grandmaster192

Tiger zord!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    IN pokemon emerald. There is a house in sootopolis that has a door with trees blocking it. How do I get in there?

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    There is a similar house in Mossdeep in R/S, and the room is for Battle e-card battles. Once you scan in the card with an e-reader, you could battle the Trainer from the card in that room.

However, these type of e-cards were not released for Emerald, and Emerald is not even compatible with the e-reader in the first place, so the house is useless. I'm sure they meant to do a lot more with e-cards but the e-reader just wasn't popular.

ak.47_gunner

Suffer The Consequences
    Years
    Hey everyone, I have a question.

Ruby/Sapphire FAQ (Feebas, Mystery Island ect) LATI@S EDIT! , In this faq, it tells you a way of catching, Latias/Latios by using your acro bike, and then picking any patch of grass... and hopping, blah blah... does this method actually work?? Let me know!
    Thanks Aaron

Email me @ [email protected] with responses, or respond here...
    Thanks again, Aaron

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    yeas yeash it does work... theres a guide on this site on how to catch lati@s.. ill edit with the link...
    link, why its in roleplay is beyond me o.o

ak.47_gunner

Suffer The Consequences
    Years
    Okay, Thanks.

Hey man, I appreciate it. Well anyways... I guess that what I'm going to try and do today is catch my Latias/Latios whichever is on Sapphire... I forget, lil brain dead right now... rofl.. Alright anyways thanks again.
    Aaron

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That definitely works. That said, I use a different method. I would fly to Mossdeep City, surf to the west and then up to where the island is that has the shard house on it. Same concept. Use Max Repel, surf up and down the coast of the island twice, go into the house, go back out and surf. Repeat as needed until you run into Lati@s. While hopping with the Acro Bike doesn't waste steps, you do have to hop a LONG time. Personally, I found that surfing up and down twice doesn't waste too many steps and it only takes about 10 seconds to do it. I have caught Lati@s five times with this method (catching it for myself and others using their game). I have also used the same method in FRLG to catch the Legendary "Dogs".

BTW - In Ruby you get Latios, In Sapphire you get Latias, and in Emerald you get to choose. Emerald rocks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    PikaRoks444 said:
    What are the odds of seeing Mirage Island?
    Very slim chance, I think that to see Mirage Island you have to have a Pokemon with a certain Trainer Number. So the chances I would say are: 0.1/10.

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
    PikaRoks444 said:
    What are the odds of seeing Mirage Island?
    Everyday Mirage Island has a number. Depending of the of the trainer ID of your Pokemon, Mirage Island may or may not appear. If Mirage Island has number 36598 assigned to it one day, and I have Pokemon whose trainer IDs are 36890,36598,34598, and 46598 then Mirage Island appears. But if I have Pokemon with IDs: 36597,34598,32598, and 31598, then Mirage Island doesn't appear.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    How many here have actually been to Mirage Island and how long did it take you to find it? I have 342 Pokes in my PC, and probably once a week I will spend time pulling 6 Pokes out, go to the house in Pacifidlog, and see if the old dude sees the island. Then I go back and pull out 6 more. I have been doing this for a few months, but I don't have time or patience to do it every day. That and Feebas are the two most frustrating aspects of this game. Well, besides the whole problem of never being able to get any of the rare legendaries to fill out my Pokedex.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back